Saving His Princess

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

“Oh! What a sudden change of mind, Princess?” He mocked. “You wanna run the way back to Jackson? Oh, boy, you were heading the wrong way,” he said, grinning,

 

“Take me back to Jackson,” I said, hiding the truth.

 

He put his hands on his pockets. “Oh, I believe I can’t do that, right now, Princess.”

 

I knew it. He’s unmasking the truth. This is him right now. I should’ve answered Siwon’s call. I should have not decided to go back when this would be the result. I wasn’t aware I was crying but I remained strong.

 

“Oh, no! Would I get punished because I made the princess cry?” He mocked, and laughed evilly after.

 

I glared at him. “How could you do this to me? How? You bastard!” I yelled, trying to get free but I can’t.

 

He stepped closer to me and said, “It’s because I want the Jung out of the throne.”

 

He said it. It’s the only reason they could do this to me, to us. They are killing people because they want the throne and nothing more. It’s too stupid how power could turn someone into someone they shouldn’t be. They can kill without having second thoughts.

 

“If that’s what you want all these years—“

 

“Yes, all these years.”

 

I shot him a glare. “If that’s what you want all these years, why does it take you many years to do this?” I asked the question that’s been bugging me.

 

He shrugged and said, “Because, by the time I had a great look at you, I knew you are so stubborn and that you would be the downfall of Sylvania.”

 

I gaped. Bull. But he said something that really torn me into half. “That’s why I needed to get rid of Krystal.”

 

My heart broke. “God damn it! Damn you, Yondong!! You’re a bastard! You’re evil!! You’re a monster!”

 

As soon as I called her a monster, I saw as how his eyes became darker than ever. He grinned evilly at me and said, “I guess I should really let you see the real me, then.”

 

I stopped from freeing myself from these men. “What do you mean?”

 

He ran his hand through his hair to the back of his head and---ripped something?

 

“Oh, my god!”

 

He used .  . . it’s not him. Now, I can really know him. He’s not Butler Yondong. He’s . . .

 

“Who are you?” I asked.

 

“Lee Eunhyuk. I’m the oldest son of Lee Soo Man and the only brother to Lee Donghae,” he said, almost too proud

 

“Donghae? He has something to do with this?!” That time, betrayal rushed into me. But then I realized we are not together anymore.

 

He shrugged. It’s like his every move is evil. “As much as I wanted to say yes, but I can’t let myself. I mean, that brother of mine doesn’t do anything so bad. The only thing he did wrong in his life is, falling in love with you, Sooyeon.

 

“What?” I feel relieved but I want to know the whole truth.

 

He sighed and smiled at after. “I guess I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and . . . maybe I should really let you know everything. When I say everything, it’s only about Donghae.”

 

“You’re a ,” I said.

 

He just looked at me and smiled like I have complimented him. “Donghae,” he continued. “He fell for you when you first visited in Jackson but he wasn’t aware of who you really are. But not me; I was much more than aware that you are the only princess of Sylvania. It was the first time the Royal Jung family visited a town like Jackson so my little lover boy brother fell for you, princess.

 

“He said you’re beautiful and I didn’t protest. You are really beautiful and if he didn’t love you first, I would be the one you can’t really get over with.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “I feel like throwing up,” I commented.

 

“So,” he continued. “When I found out about that, I told father and he said, ‘Let him and we’re going to sort things out’. Do you get that, Princess?”

 

I didn’t say anything and just remained silent.

 

“So, then, we let him without him knowing, you were the princess, then father wanted him to go back to . . . well . . .  it’s because he knows Donghae fell hard for you so he have to make some arrangements and that’s it to marry Kwon Yuri. Oh! I’m sure you heard about that,” he said, too lazy to go on.

 

“So, to finish, he didn’t want to marry that Kwon Yuri because he’s so in love with you. He ran off then came back here. But I bet he can’t face you because he knows you’re gonna hate him I guess he started keeping an eye on you to protect you, of course. But he never knew I’m really a genius,” he finished it off by referring to the masking he did. He laughed so evilly.

 

He shrugged again. “I guess Butler Yondong’s in great pain right now,” he said.

 

Damn it! I should’ve have known. “Where is he?” I asked.

 

He grinned. “I believed I told you before that I would only talk about Donghae.  . . So now you know.”

 

He was about to turn away and ordered the men to get me back inside but I raised a question. “Is Donghae here? Is he here in Jackson?”

 

He looked back at me, but turned around then. He was about to answer when . . .

 

“Yes, I am here.”

 

-------

 

Apr 13 #6