Doubts

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

I don’t know about these things happening but what I’m sure of is it’s happening again. Nope. Nope. I cannot. Not again.

 

“Miss Jessica, do you know Lee Donghae?”

 

Shocked, but I answered anyway, “Yes.”

 

“What’s your relationship with him?”

 

I was silent and debating with myself whether I should tell him or not. But he’s long forgotten, right? Yes, of course. But why does it feel bad? I’m hurt. Why do I get this kind of feeling as his name is mentioned?

 

I cannot have feelings for him. No. I have forgotten about us so I should really forget about him. I guess the reason why I’m feeling this is that he’s my first love and I never had a second nor third.

 

After he left me but promised that he would come back again, I hoped. I kept holding on to his promise. But what happened?

 

Just two or three weeks later, the lips of all the people always mentioned about the upcoming wedding of the couple who both belong to the elite community.  How am I supposed to react?

 

He held my hand and kissed the top of it. I was crying and all I could think was, he’s gonna be away for weeks and the thought of it brought pain to me.

 

He’s been there for me and I cannot spend a day without seeing him. He loves me for who I am and I love him, too. We were deeply inlove with each other.

 

“Pretty Sica, I’ll be back. I will be back for you,” he said, caressing my face, wiping my tears away.

 

“You sure?”

 

He nodded and said, “Yes. Just wait for me, okay?”

 

I nodded. I kissed his lips and let him go. “Hurry back to me,” I whispered.

 

He smiled. “Nothing’s gonna hold me back there.”

 

20 days later…

 

“Breaking news!!! Lee Sooman’s son, Lee Donghae is going to marry the pride of Kwon family, Yuri. A fairytale wedding!”

 

Bull. Not again.

 

“He’s a past, Butler Yondong,” I said and finished packing the cakes and cupcakes. In any minute, Suho is gonna be here to pick these up.

 

I faced Butler Yondong and said, “Why?”

 

“A letter,” he said and held an envelope up. I saw it was yellowish and kinda old. My eyes widened as realization hits me.

 

“Where in the hell did you find that?” I asked, stepping closer, taking a good look on the envelope.

 

“In your drawer. Living room. I was trying to find some legal pad but my hand felt this thing so I took a look and found out you haven’t opened it,” he said and handed it to me.

 

I moved away. It was like that letter’s somewhat a contagious disease that I’m afraid I might get. I shook my head and said, “It has date written on it?”

 

He nodded and looked at the envelope one time before answering with, “November 26, 2013.”

 

That’s it. I knew it. I know him. He’s not gonna let anything be left unspoken and unexplained.       I took it and about to open it when the door to my shop clicked open. I saw the young man walked in and he’s cute as ever.

 

“Suho,” I said.

 

He looked my way and greeted me with a smile. “Jessica,” he said, bowing.

 

He looked at Butler Yondong and said, “Good morning, Mr. Kim Yon Dong.”

 

Butler Yondong nodded and made his way to go out to give Suho and me privacy. He stepped closer to me with his smile still on. “So how’s it going?”

 

“Pretty much okay, Suho. You?”

 

“Doing great.”

 

I smiled. “So have a seat. I’ll just get those cakes and cupcakes. I have just finished packing them so it would look presentable in Taeyeon’s eyes.”

 

“Really? I’ll give a hand,” he said and walked with me to the packing area. I showed him when we got there the cakes and cupcakes.

 

He held my shoulder and said, “Thank you, Jessi. It’s a great help. I have the venue ready and only these are missing.”

 

“Is it today?” He nodded. “My gosh!  I forgot. So that’s why you’re dressed in that tux,” I said. Yes, he’s dressed in his tux and he’s kinda handsome. No. He’s really handsome.

 

“Yes,” he simply said. “But you can come with me. The party is about to start.”

 

“But I’m not properly dressed,” I said.

 

“It’s okay. I have bought something for you. I knew you would forget,” he said. I heard a hint of sadness as he said that. And I can’t pinpoint why or what.

 

I held his hand and said, “Sorry. But yes, thank you. I can’t miss this party especially if you’re the one inviting me. So, let’s go?”

 

He smiled and said, “Let’s go. I got my car parked just across this street.” We’re going out of the shop and I spotted Butler Yondong just 2 or 3 meters away.

 

I told him I’m gonna go to Taeyeon’s party. He said he’s gonna keep me safe.

 

We hopped into Suho’s car and I can say he has a nice car. He’s great in driving. He’s okay with the rules and I feel safe. He drives with great concern on her passenger.

 

I have already worn the dress Suho bought for me and I tried my best paying this but he always refused to. I guess I have handed him the cash for ten times but he always refused to accept it.

 

“It’s a gift for you, Jessi.”

 

“Aish! If you aren’t my friend, I’ll be thinking you are courting me,” I said and glared at him.

 

He was silent at first but chuckled after. “You really think I’ll court you?”

 

I glared at him even more intense. “And you really think I’ll allow you? I will cut you short saying ‘you’re just my friend and nothing more’,” I said and turned my back to him. I walked to a table and sat on a chair.

 

That was bull.

 

Next thing I knew, I heard someone called him.

 

“SUHO!!”

 

I turned to see a young lady dressed in a red body-fit dress and a young man dressed in a tux same with Suho’s only different color.

 

The girl hugged Suho and gave him a peck on his cheek. He smiled at the girl and said something to her. But I can’t hear what they’re talking about. The young man, so much taller than Suho yelled ‘THIS PARTY IS ROMANTIC, BRO. I DIDN’T KNOW YOU’RE THAT KIND OF PERSON’ and patted Suho’s back.

 

That confirmed my guess, friends. They are his friends but it is kinda scratched when the girl kissed him on the lips. Suho’s eyes widened and he was about to look my way, and me, afraid that I might get caught, diverted my gaze to the stage where the DJ’s preparing his music for tonight.

 

Many people attended and I bet they are Kim’s friends and relatives? I don’t know.

 

After that kiss, I just feel heavy-headed. And why is that? I just thought this would be fun but no. Suho just left me . . . ugh!

 

"Where's Jessica?!" I heard. I looked at the direction where I heard my name. "Jessie! Jessie!!"

 

It's Yoona.

 

"Yoona!" I called. She looked at me then smiled. She ran to me and said, "A news about Lee Donghae."

 

 

-------------------------------------

HIII! THANKS FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU! :*