Heart Attack

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

I thought I could spend more time but no.

 

-

 

I was in my room when I heard a sudden knock on my door. I walked to the door and opened only to found Donghae with a smile plastered on his face. He’s wearing a light blue polo which makes him more attractive.

 

“Hi, honey,” he greeted.

 

“Hi,” I replied. He leaned over and kissed me. I kissed back and when he was about to pull back, I bit his lower lip. I giggled.

 

He grinned and said, “You’re so naughty.”

 

I just smiled. “What’re you doing here?”

 

He bent down and got the basket full of food and fruits. He showed it to me and answered with, “I’d like you to go out with me. Let’s have a picnic.”

 

“Nope,” I tried teasing him. His smile faded.

 

“Why? You don’t want to be with me now? Are you busy? Oh, I’m sorry. I—“

 

I smirked. “I’m just kidding,” I cupped his face. “Let’s go.”

 

He gave me his fish-like smile before taking my hand. Together, we went downstairs, then outside. We chose to have a picnic by my tree. I hesitated at first because I remembered him but then I thought I’d be married to Hae, maybe I should really forget about him.

 

Weeks have passed and it made me realize that with Suho, I may be happy but I always worry. Maybe because it was secret or maybe he wasn’t my soul mate. Maybe Hae is.

 

“Jessica,” Hae said, pulling me back to earth. I looked at him. “Eat,” he put the fruit to my mouth. I gladly accepted it, chewed, and ate.

 

He handed me a glass of juice, I got it and drunk from it. Putting it down, I said, “Hae, are you happy?”

 

He stared at me and smiled before saying, “Of course. I’m happy because you’re here, smiling with me, cherishing each other.”

 

I’m glad he’s happy. I don’t want to hurt him anymore.

 

I held his cheek. “I’m happy to be with you, too.”

 

He held my hand on his cheek, caressing it. When he closed his eyes, I saw how beautiful Donghae is and how calming his features are.

 

Opening his eyes, he said, “I can’t wait for us to be married, Sica. I love you so much. I promise you all of me. I give you all of me. You’re my end… and my beginning. I love you forever.”

 

I smiled, though I already knew the truth. And it hurts. “I love you, too, Hae. Thank you for loving me after all this time, after what I’ve done. You’re such a nice man. I appreciate all of your efforts. I can’t ask anything from you because you are such a good man. And I sometimes feel that I ain’t the one for you.”

 

“No, Sica. You are the one for me. You’re always been the one for me. I knew it since I met you that you’ll be my end. And I would be so happy when that comes.”

 

“Hae,” I called, tears breaming in my eyes.

 

“Jessica Jung, I love you.”

 

I smiled. “I love you, too.”

 

He kissed me on my forehead and pulled me into a hug, enveloping me of his protective arms.

 

Moments after, we decided to go home since there was no sun seen anymore. It was already dusk.

 

“Let’s go,” he said and reached for my hand. I put my hand into his and stood up.

 

When we were walking, I was holding him by arm. We were exchanging smiles, thinking nothing but us. At least I know I was still happy.

 

He stopped which made me looked at him. “Hae, are you okay?” I asked, worriedly.

 

“I’m okay,” he said. “I just thought of something.”

 

I was worried but he always assured he was okay. “Okay,” I said, and held his arm again.

 

We were near the mansion when I felt that he’s breathing hard. I diverted my eyes on him. He was sweating.

 

“Hae! Hae!”

 

“S-Sica…” he collapsed. My heart started beating so hard.

 

I was holding him to me. Collecting all my energy, I shouted, “HELP! SIWON OPPA!! TIFFANY! ANYONE! HELP!!”