Always

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

Donghae spent the few remaining days in fully recovering and it makes me happy seeing the progress. He may still have the disease, but he’s becoming stronger and okay each passing day.

 

There’s only a day left and we’re going to get married. A part of me doesn’t want to be tied up so early but for Donghae, I’ll do anything just to fill his life with happiness. Anything would be done for him. After what we had been through, the best thing I could do is be strong and face a new world with Donghae by my side.

 

I was in the garden, picking up flowers which I want to use as bouquet for my wedding tomorrow. I picked purple flowers then complemented with white ones. I was about to pick up one more when I heard my name being called.

 

“Jessica!”

 

I turned around and saw Tiffany running up to me, surely catching her own breath. She looked distraught. And fear started building up my whole being.

 

As she was near me, I saw her tears. .

 

“Tiffany,” I approached her and dropped those flowers.

 

With tears escaping from her eyes, she said, “J-Jessica, D-Donghae’s collapsed.”

 

Feeling the adrenaline rushed into my body, accompanied by fear, I ran past through her and headed inside the mansion where I found Siwon Oppa carrying the unconscious Donghae…Donghae. No.

 

---

 

He was confined… again. It pains me every time I see him in that condition. I wanted to replace him, exchange position with him, and instead pass on his agony to me. It kills every part of me at the sight of his pale complexion, his cracked lips and his lifeless body lying in that white piece of base.

 

Looking through the glass window, I shed tears. His doctor’s trying to keep him alive and breathing. I couldn’t look at him anymore so I turned my back and fell into crying my heart out. No, he’s not gonna die so soon.

 

Yoona came up beside me, arms around me. “Sica,” she whispered.

 

I can say she’s hurting, too. Every one of us is. We didn’t expect him to be like this. We have known him as a stubborn yet brave young man, not a weak one. Ugh. Oh, God, please help him.

 

“I know, Yoong. I know,” I said, closing my eyes, trying my best to stop my tears.

 

Hours have passed. We have waited so long. We waited until I heard the door opened. My eyes shut open and stared at the doctor, waiting for what he’s going to say.

 

“Doc, is Donghae all right?” Tiffany asked.

 

I saw the sad expression and it scared me. Carefully, he said, “I will be honest with you all about him. He’s not gonna make it longer anymore. In fact, a week is longer enough. If there’s any chance of him making it and be all right, it’s then a miracle. But for now, he’s a little bit okay. We should give him a day to rest.”

 

I wanted to get mad at the doctor for even predicting when Donghae would die. How could he? But then I thought he’s right. He’s right because even I could say that. It’s a Coronary heart disease and there’s no cure of it. The only way he could lengthen his life was taken away because of me. He gave his time to me; protecting me even if it costs his life.

 

That night, Siwon Oppa convinced me to go home and get some rest but I insisted in looking after Hae. But Siwon is the most stubborn man you could ever meet, so he had me say yes.

 

He drove me back to the mansion and walked me to my room. As he bid his good night, he came to me and kissed my forehead before saying, “Be strong. Always.”

 

I don’t know if I could still be.

 

---

 

24/08/14#2