Probably The End

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

I was woken up to the sound of banging on my door. Having a heavy head, I demanded, “Who’ s that? What do you want?”

 

But the person continued to knock and bang on my bedroom door. I got annoyed so I angrily got up. I was about to throw tantrums at the person when I realized who was kept doing the knocking…Donghae.

 

Still giving me his gift every morning—his fish-like smile. My eyes went wide. I tried rubbing my eyes to wake myself up from an obvious hallucination but the figure remained. I kept pinching my cheeks, slapping myself when I felt it—his touch.

 

“Donghae!” I exclaimed and threw my arms around him. “You’re well!”

 

I heard his laugh. When I pulled away, I saw that the pale complexion remained but his smile had stayed as beautiful as he was. “Hae,” I whispered.

 

He kissed me and when he pulled away, he asked, “Let’s go?”

 

“Huh? Where? Wait, are you really okay? How could your doctor let you out? Yo—“

 

“Ssh,” he placed a finger to my lips. “I’m okay, he said. I can go. We have 5 hours to spend before our wedding ceremony begins. Let’s not waste it. Let’s be together.”

 

The way he said had put some spell on me that I couldn’t say no to him. I nodded my head and asked him to give me a sec to fix myself which he gladly gave.

 

After minutes of my morning rituals, I walked to him. He took my hand and together we went out of the mansion. We were walking to the woods, enjoying each other’s company. My worry faded when he showed me how happy he was. He was the same sweet Donghae.

 

I don’t know why he seems so happy. He was amused of the surroundings and even asked me to take pictures of us. I did. I took out my phone and we started taking pictures together, solo and sometimes we were recording videos.

 

It was such a happy day with him because he was so hyper which always reassured me he was more than okay. We visited the pond where my favorite fish were swimming. I also took him to my pony—the white pony Siwon Oppa bought for me years ago.

 

We took pictures of everything, cherishing the day. He couldn’t even say no to pictures when I offered every time. He said that this day was special for us so he wants to capture everything even the single details.

 

We were lying down the green grass, looking up the bright sky where white clouds always cover the blue sky. We were lying next to each other, hands holding tight.

 

“Jessica,” he called.

 

“Hmm?”

 

I felt his grip tightened. “Thank you for everything you have done for me.”

 

I raised my eyebrows. “But you’re the one who have done so much for me. I should be the one thanking you.”

 

“Thank you for spending your time with me,” he added.

 

“Hae?”

 

“Sica, thank you for being there for me when you know, I was too weak to even lighten up my mood. Thank you for those cherishing memories,” he continued on thanking me.

 

I was a bit anxious. I heard his breathing became ragged. I sat down and caught a glimpse of his face but he pulled me down and made me lay down. He held my hand so tight, caressing the back of my palm.

 

“Jessica Jung, thank you for the love you have shown and even made me feel it. I love you—ugh—so much, Sooyeon. I hope you won’t forget about me, that there was once a man named Lee Donghae who came into your life and made you feel special and love you with all his might.”

 

Tears started escaping my eyes. I was hurting and at the same time appreciating every word he said.

 

“Sica,” he continued. “I’m sorry.”

 

“What are you sorry for, Hae? You haven’t done anything wrong.”

 

“I did, Sica. I’m sorry I can’t fulfill our promise for each other.”

 

I closed my eyes, feeling the tears and the impact of the words slipping through his lips.

 

His breath was croaky, and he seemed like catching his own breath. I shut my eyes open and almost sat up but again, he stopped me from doing so. I tried but then he pleaded, “Jessica, stay like this. Lay down. Don’t look at anywhere but the blue sky above us.”

 

The streaming of my tears became rapid that I was making a hitching sound. I knew.

 

“I’m sorry I won’t be able to marry you. I’m sorry for the broken promise. I know there would be someone who could fulfill it, but not me. But Sica, I thank you for the love you have made me feel and always remember, no matter where I am, my love for you will remain.”

 

There was a minute of silent. I was about to sat up when he said, “I love you, Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Farewell, l-love…”

 

My tears were just, as though earlier, kept streaming. And I was more that hurt when his grip tightened. Slowly, convincing myself I was wrong, sat up. From looking afar, I diverted my gaze to the man beside me.

 

Damn.

 

I bowed my head, cried a million tears more.  “Donghae…”

 

 

-----ENDofONE----

 

Thank you for supporting!! :) Lovelots! :*