The Decision

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

“I want to go back to Sylvania.”

 

Butler Yondong was shocked but managed to put down her cup of coffee. He stood up and walked to me.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I am, Butler Yondong. I’ve been thinking it whole night. It’s better this way,” I said and sat on the couch.

 

It’s true. Whole night I thought of everything. I don’t want everyone to get involved. It’s better this way. I realized that I am not safe anymore and I should have not run away from home. I put myself in much trouble.

 

I realized that no matter where I go, I cannot get over of my responsibility. I am the last princess of the Sylvania and I have the greatest responsibility than of the other royals of our Kingdom. The fate of Sylvania is in my hand. I am the last royal of the kingdom. It depends on me. And I choose not to disappoint my parents and take over my responsibility. I should have really known better.

 

This is not some kind of tv drama. It’s me who’s writing it my own. Like what I’ve said, I hold the greatest responsibility. If I say no, there’s no one who’s gonna take the throne and care for the kingdom.

 

“So, tonight, we’re going back,” he said, fishing out his phone to call someone. “Thank you, Princess.”

 

I nodded. He went out then.

 

I found myself grabbing my coat and going outside. I want to take a last look around. I started walking around; just looking at the same town I learned to love because tomorrow, I won’t see this again. Never again.

 

There are so many memories of me here, and I know I can’t forget them. But I know my friendship with Suho and especially with Yoona will not be solved. But I guess it’s better this way so there’s no turning and going back here.

 

I found myself by the shore. This is where I had my first kiss with Donghae. I closed my eyes and one more time whispered to the air. “Goodbye.”

 

I did everything that I know, still, useless. I put pot of flower by the door of Suho and Yoona for apology. I just hope, someday, they’d forgive me. But tonight, I’m going home, to Sylvania.

 

-----------------

 

Apr 13 #4