Goodbye

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

JESSICA

 

The door opened and there, with her dress, Tae unnie looks so beautiful. She looks at Suho with concern and suddenly hugged him. You can see Taeyeon’s concerned about Suho. I smiled at the view.

 

But Tae unnie notices me and said, “Jessica!” She ran and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around her, too. “I’m so worried about you!”

 

I smiled, pulled away, and said, “I’m sorry I made you worry, unnie. I’m sorry for taking Suho for too long.” I bowed my head.

 

“Yah~ Sica, it’s okay. I know he loves you so he did that, and tried to save you,” she said. “And he succeeds.”

 

I smiled at her. I just feel guilty because I feel like I used Suho. Taeyeon lets us go inside. Suho and I sat on the couch and Tae grabbed some snacks for us. Cookies!

 

I grab one and take a bite. It’s delicious.

 

“So, are you two in a relationship?” Taeyeon suddenly asked.

 

My eyes went wide and I started saying, “No, no no. No, unnie.”

 

“Yes. That’s true, unnie.”

 

Taeyeon frowned and said, “Why not?”

 

I smiled and was about to answer but Suho answered for me, “Because she and Donghae are back together.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she gaped. Realizing what she heard is true when I nodded, she gulped. She looked at Suho with concern written all over her face. I got it. I am not dumb or stupid. And I feel guilty, too. I’m just a . . . call me whatever you want.

 

Feeling the heavy atmosphere, I said, “Unnie, I gotta go now.”

 

Taeyeon looked at and I can feel that Suho is also staring at me. I tried to smile, hiding the sadness that I am feeling. “Why, Jessica?” Taeyeon asked.

 

I bit my lower lip and said, “I just need to go,” and I stood up and turned around.

 

“Wait,” I heard Suho said. I stopped and closed my eyes. When I opened them, I turned to him. I see sadness and . . . it’s better this way. He should not be with me anymore knowing right now, the fight is only starting. Soon enough, they’d be many men that want to get me and I couldn’t forgive myself if something happened to him. I caused him enough trouble.

 

“What?” I asked, pushing aside the sadness that I am feeling.

 

He paused before saying, “You’re really leaving without me?”

 

I fought the urge to burst into tears when I heard him ask that. I swallowed it out and gave him a genuine smile. “Suho . . . Yes.”

 

“But why?”

 

I glanced at Taeyeon and she’s trying to understand what’s happening between me and Suho.

 

I focus my attention to Suho. “Because this is my own dilemma,” I answered him.

 

He remained silent, thinking why I am acting this way. But this is what best for us. This is the reason why I brought him home. I don’t want him to be involved because he’s already tangled in my own web. So, by freeing him, I need to let him live the normal life.

 

I smiled once more and said, “Tae unnie, I’m going. Goodbye, unnie, and Suho.” Just then, I turned and walked out of the main door. I hurried my pace and hopped into my car. I ignited the engine and started driving away from that place.

 

I don’t know what’s happening but I found myself shedding tears. I was confused, too. But what’s left to be answer to this is that, Suho has been nice to me and he has shown that he cares for me. And I grew this concern for him. I think he’s important to me.

 

But it’s best this way. I looked through the rear mirror and saw the house for once more. I wiped my tears and smiled, “Goodbye, Suho-sshi.”