The Proposal

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

It was past three in the afternoon when I decided to call Yoona. She answered after the second ring.

 

“Hello,” she said.

 

“Hey Yoong, are you busy?”

 

I heard whispers. Maybe she’s talking to someone. “Kinda. Where are you, Sica?”

 

I sat on the couch and said, “I’m at the shop. You think you have time to come over?”

 

I heard her make a sound. She’s probably thinking about it. “Hmm, I don’t think I can. I’m still at the clinic.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Nurse Rose led me here. I came to check those children with the disease. They seem so weak, Sica.”

 

Aw. I thought. “Which clinic?”

 

“Do you really want to know?”

 

I shrugged. “Yeap.”

 

“Joon Myeon’s clinic.”

 

I was silent. His clinic, eh? Though I really want to visit those kids, I chose not to. He’s probably there and I might see him. I don’t think I am ready. I’m not. What if Chorong’s there, too? How would I remain calm?

 

Sighing, I told Yoona, “No, I’m not. Talk to you later. Bye.”

 

I hung up. I was left occupied of thoughts about him. I leaned on the soft couch and sighed. Closing my eyes, I said, “Suho.”

 

“You didn’t tell me you’re back.”

 

My eyes shut open. I knew that voice. My heart started beating so fast that I could even hear it pounding. I exhaled before sitting straight, slowly.

 

How am I supposed to react? Dammit!

 

“It’s rude not to even glance at me,” he said. My! His voice sounds so sweet. I missed his voice!

 

I turned my head to the door and there, standing just few steps away from the door is Suho. He’s dressed in a neat red polo shirt, black pants and a pair of glasses on.

 

I stood up. “S-Suho,” I called, stuttering.

 

She stepped closer; four steps ahead. Now, I could clearly see his features. Leila was right. He grew more handsome. He became so manly. He’s h-hot.

 

Then there, he smiled. “Jessica.”

 

I bit my lower lip. I was about to ask him about the cute dog by his side when he said, “Don’t.”

 

“Huh?”

 

He stared at me for a moment. “You didn’t tell me you’re back.”

 

“I didn’t think it still matters.”

 

Obviously taken aback, he managed to smiled, nodded, “If you say so.”

 

Awkwardness crept into our already cold atmosphere. I felt that his gaze is getting heavier every second passed, so I decided to draw him into a conversation.

 

“How are you doing, Suho? I guess being such a great doctor gives you so much to think about.”

 

“But it didn’t make me forget about you. It did not, even for just a moment.” I fell into silence, listening to what comes out of his lips. “I always think about you, of how you’ve been after that… loss. If you think for a sec that I care no more of you, you’re wrong all this time. Jessica, no matter how much I tried to forget about you, I just can’t.”

 

I wanted to open my mouth to say something, but there was none.

 

“Sica,” he called. “I know you thought I don’t care of you anymore that I have forgotten about you.”

 

He took steps near me, and I just remained where I was standing. This very time, I appreciated his beauty more than earlier. “I still care.”

 

“But you didn’t contact nor accompany me during Hae’s burial. You were here but you didn’t do anything to see me or comfort me saying it’s gonna be all right. Yo—“

 

“It’s because I made a promise.”

 

My eyes went wide and asked, “What?”

 

He move closer to me and cupped my face with his both hands, soft on my skin. I was aware that tears were trembling to escape my eyes but I didn’t care. Really. He had watched me cried more that fingers could count and I’d for some, he was the main reason.

 

“Jessica,” he heaved a sigh before continuing. “Trust me when I say I always think of you. Trust me when I tell you I still like you. And trust me when I tell you I love you. Because Jessica Jung, even until now, I still love you. I love you so much.”

 

I was speechless. I mean, what else left to say? The last time I checked, I was almost gone crazy because he didn’t let me see his effin’ face for months!

 

I cried.

 

Suho’s expression turned to something concerned one. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs and asked, “Why are you crying?”

 

I shook my and took his hands away from why face. He seemed confused but I assured him by giving him a sweet smile. “Suho, why are you like tha?”

 

“Like what, Sica?”

 

“Why are you so selfish?”

 

He gave me a wry smile. “It’s because in love people always become selfish. That’s part of life and a process in loving.”

 

He’s right. He’s right all along!

 

I cried even more tears and threw my arms around him saying, “I love you, Kim Joon Myeon! I love you, I still do.”

 

He hugged me back and whispered, “I always know. You’re still wearing the bracelet.”

 

I smiled before pulling away. “Yeah. True.”

 

“I’m happy. I’m so much happy. Beyond happy! I feel like the luckiest man!”

 

I laughed and said, “Crazy.”

 

He stopped and softly, he huffed, “For the finally, I’d like to ask you something that I wish… I have promised you this. I’ve told Yoona about this to tell you about this.”

 

“Tell what?”

 

“You don’t know?” he asked.

 

Maybe Yoona mentioned it before but I was just too mad to listen to what she said. He had mentioned everything about Suho’s leave that night I said yes to Hae. Maybe I missed the part he’s asking me now.

 

I shrugged. “I guess I didn’t listen to Yoona.”

 

“Never mind, you’ll know.” And just then, my eyes went wide, my heart started beating so fast. He had his knees on the ground. Fudge! Oh, my! “Sica, I have promised to do this. I promised to myself that if I ever see you again, unmarried, I’ll do this and ask you.”

 

Tears started streaming from my eyes again. “Suho…”

 

He exhaled and smiled up to me, “And it’s the reason why I didn’t show up the day when you expected me to.”

 

“Suho-ah!”

 

He chuckled. “You seem so excited?”

 

I hit him and snorted, “Just hurry up, you slow!”

 

We laughed. “We have been through so many obstacles and problems, but we remained strong. Though, there was a great obstacle we weren’t able to get through, but I always knew destiny is in my favor,” he chuckled.

 

 

“Here we are again. Mind you, I still love you. I even named this little cute creature looking at us Soo Myeon just to prove that we areendless.” He chuckled and I started crying so hard.

 

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon, I won’t promise not to make you cry but I will promise you my loyalty, my heart, my love and all that I have. I may be selfish but I only become one just for you.” Then, as magical as fairy dusts bestowed upon us, he sweetly asked, “Baby, will you marry me?”

 

No worries this time. No obstacles. No problem. Now is the time. “Yes! I will marry you, Suho Kim Joon Myeon!”

 

He smiled bigger. We sealed it with a passionate kiss.

 

---

 

*END*

 

Thank you so much for supporting! I really appreciate the reads, comments, and efforts! HAHAHA. Thank youuuu :) Until once again! :* Always remember: LOVE CONQUERS ALL!