Tiffany and Siwon

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

After taking my breakfast, I went home. I started cleaning up the whole house since it seems so dirty. I put my clothes in the closet then, decided I should take a bath, I did.

 

I was lying down in my bed, probably thinking of him. What the heck? Suho, it’s been a year but you’re still the one. I hate these feelings for you. I know I’d be hurt in the end, but I just don’t know how to forget about you.

 

Baby…

 

Even the sound of your voice when you say it can’t be erased. Dammit! I still can’t forget about it, about the times we shared. I effin’ love you, Suho.

 

I was aware tears escaped my eyes. Dammit! After all this time, the effect is still the same. I was the one who broke it but it seems like I’m still the one who can’t move on.

 

I raised my wrist to look at the bracelet he gave me.

 

“You, bracelet, will you hit his head so he’ll know I am here?”

 

I groaned. Why am I even hopeless romantic?

 

Suddenly, my phone rang. I let a deep sigh before reaching for it, and answered. “Hello?”

 

“Witch, aren’t you going to your shop?”

 

I thought for a moment. “Nope, I guess. I’d be staying in the house for a while.”

 

She muttered or I guess cussed. I mentally laughed. “Fine! But Ms. Rose is with me. She wants to order cupcakes for the opening of an organization helping those who have heart disease. I just thought maybe you’d like to do the honor of baking cupcakes for those children.”

 

I thought of Donghae. Maybe this would not be bad. I guess if Hae is here, he’ll probably agree to what Yoona offered. Gladly, I agreed. “Okay.”

 

“Yay! See you later, Jessi.”

 

I hung up and thought for a moment. As a princess, I should really do the honor. It would be the first time I can participate in this kind of event. And I feel so happy that I don’t even know if it’s because of the thought that I’d be baking again or the thought of helping and making those children smile.

 

Later that day, I decided to go to my shop. I’d like to do some cleaning. When I opened and took a look of the interior, I thought of calling Yoona for help. But then, she’s probably busy.

 

When I was cleaning, my phone suddenly rang. I was stunned when I read the name of the caller. Tiffany.

 

Gladly, I answered. “Hello,” I muttered.

 

“Hey, Jessi. How’re ya doin’?”

 

I put aside my broom and said, “I’m cleaning.”

 

“Yeah, I can see that.”

 

I was confused but then I heard footsteps coming. I looked over to the door and saw Tiffany waving at me. I put my phone down as she walked in.

 

“It’s good to see you here,” she said and hugged me.

 

I hugged back and said, “Same here.” We parted. “Where’s Twinkle?”

 

She smiled before answering with, “She’s at school. I was just driving along when I noticed your car. So I came to check. Here I saw you. It’s good to see you again, Jessi. Look at you, you got bangs!”

 

I smiled and said, “Yeah, actually. I just like a little change.”

 

“Well, it probably suits you. Anyway, you need help?”

 

I looked around and nodded firmly. “Yeap. I hope it won’t bother you,” I said.

 

She tapped my shoulder. She’s such a happy person. I don’t know how she can smile like that.

 

Because Tiffany was here, we finished cleaning after an hour or two. Thanks to Tiffany for offering help. Hadn’t she, I’d probably stay here for more hours.

 

I learned that she decided to stay here for good than going back to South Korea. She said she wanted a new start. After Hae died, she wasn’t able to get used of peaceful life. It’s because Hae is her only friend that didn’t judge her of her family’s past. But right now, she’s trying. She’s trying for her little niece, Twinkle.

 

We sat on the couch and continued to chat. “Hey,” she called. “Have you seen him here? I heard he’s a big catch now.”

 

I know who she meant. “Nope, but heard ‘bout that. Heard ‘bout his relationship with Chorong.”

 

“Ugh. That girl. I hate her. Actually, most of us here in Jackson hate her.”

 

“Wae?”

 

She sipped her coffee first. “It’s not because of her closeness to Suho but because she claimed that she’s Suho’s inspiration for his achievements. The nerve of that girl!”

 

I shrugged and sipped my coffee before saying, “I guess maybe she is.”

 

She gave me an ‘are-you-serious’ look. “Duhh, I know it’s you, not her. Just because Suho said he loves someone so much, that doesn’t mean it’s her. We all know it’s you who Suho loves.”

 

I was taken aback. “How’d you know?”

 

“Jessie, we all know you and Suho had a relationship. It’s not that far from pinpointing the truth. Suho loves you. If he doesn’t, why does he name his dog Soo Myeon?”

 

“What? Soo Myeon?” My eyes went wide.

 

She nodded her head. “Soo Myeon, Soo Yeon and Joon Myeon! Ugh. Suho’s obsessed with you.”

 

I felt my cheeks burning hot. Am I blushing?

 

I shook my head. “I don’t wanna hope, Tiff.”

 

“You don’t have to, Jessie. Suho still loves you.”

 

I just remained silent and didn’t push through. Who cares if he still loves me? He won’t forgive me. I hurt him so bad and even betrayed him. He won’t just forgive me that easily. He’d probably up for revenge. Just the thought of it made me wince.

 

But Tiffany was taken aback by my question. “Tiff, do you love Siwon Oppa?”

 

She stopped talking, looked at me then to her cup, before putting it on the table. Looking so sad, she still smiled. “What’s with that question, Jessi?”

 

“Tiff, you’re my friend. Siwon is my best friend. Won’t you expect him to tell me everything?”

 

She bowed her head and shook her head slightly. I heard her crooked laugh. “I’ll be honest with you, Jessi.”

 

I took her hand. When our eyes met, I saw tears formed in her eyes. I’ve never seen Tiff like this.

 

“I do love Siwon.”

 

“Then why did you leave him? He loves you, too.”

 

Stunned by what I said, she still remained that type of person. She smiled and said, “He won’t love me when he’ll know about my past, about my family background.”

 

I understand her side. So I caressed her shoulder, consoling. “Siwon Oppa is not like that. He loves you. Even when he knows about it, he will still love you. I assure you.”

 

“I’m sorry I left him.”

 

I smiled. “It’s still not too late for the both of you. I’ll help you fix things with him.”

 

“Is it okay? I feel like using you.” She said, worriedly.

 

I shook my head. “You’re not like that. You know that. And it’s okay with me. I want you and Siwon to be happy.”

 

“Thank you, Jessica.” She gave me a hug which I gladly accepted.

 

I want all the people around to be happy, to finally settle. After a long time spending with each other, chat and even talk about Jackson, Tiffany decided to leave, saying Twinkle might be looking for her.

 

--

 

#4