His Side

You Ain't Gonna Fool Me Twice

DONGHAE (OMG. It’s his 2nd POV)

 

 

“Donghae,” she whispered my name.

 

I can’t believe it. It’s her. All this time, right now, finally, I have held her in my arms. My arms are wrapped around his body preventing her from hitting the ground. Thank God I caught her on time.

 

But she said my name. Does she know? Does she know I am holding her?

 

Sica, my pretty Sica. But she passed out. What’s happening?

 

“Sica, Sica,” I called her to wake up. I caressed her face and said, “Sica, what’s happening? Sica, wake up.”

 

But she wouldn’t wake up. I felt scared. What is happening?

 

Because of great fear of losing her permanently, I carried her bridal style, and headed to my own car which is parked few meters from here.

 

I kept on glancing at her beautiful face; she’s still really pretty. She’s beautiful even in her sleep.

 

I opened my car and put her inside before I sat beside her. I rested her head on my chest and when I get comfortable, I told my driver we’re heading to the place I know she’d like.

 

Minutes later, she’s still unconscious. I carried her in, and lay her down to the small but soft mattress of this shed. As soon as I thought she’d be comfortable of her position, I pulled away and sat on the wooden stool.

 

Just looking at her, I feel so much better than I’ve been in my entire life. I’ve never thought I could hold her again, caress her face and kiss her forehead. Though tears are already in my eyes, I’ve tried to smile. Jessica means so much to me. And now, I feel really happy.

 

I let out a deep sigh. “I’m a bastard,” I said.

 

I looked around the shed and I smiled when I remembered how hard I tried to build this and plant flowers all over the place and place the decorations. This was supposed to my greatest gift for her but everything crashed down because of someone that I’d like to be gone right now.

 

He has caused so much damaged to me and to Jessica, to our relationship. And it’s such a shame I never had the guts to run away sooner and just marry Jessica. I’m such a coward.

 

I remember those back hugs I always gave her after she gave me that once. I want to hug her like that, like we used to. I want to envelope her in my arms because when I hugged her, it felt like we were fit for each other. It was like I am her shade from any storm. It’s like I’m her wings.

 

What we had was so much important than what I have right now. What we had was an epic love story. No matter how could she was toward me, I have melted her and loved her so much that it hurts for my part to remember those memories we shared. Every time she smiled at me, it felt as if it was some kind of virus that caused me to smile back at her. Damn! I loved her. I still love her.

 

I want her to see me right now. I want her to know I am here. I want her to know everything’s gonna be all right from now on. I want to hold her again and kiss her. But I can’t. Damn it!

 

It’s still not the right time. She’d hate me. I know. I hurt her. If only I had my own way sooner, then things would not be too complicated. But now, it’s complicated. My life, her life, the lives of people around us and those who love her; it’s getting more complicated.

 

Unconsciously, I was crying. I wiped away those stupid tears. I sighed and stood up, went to the bed. I stared at her for a little bit longer, caressed her face. I leaned down and kissed her forehead, her nose, then. I stared at her face for a moment before leaning down again to plant a soft kiss on her thin lips that I have learned to love and dream of.

 

“My pretty Sica, I guess this is not the right time for us,” I ran a finger from the tip of her nose to her lips. I redeemed it then. “Always remember, your prince is always here for you. Bye for now.”

 

I stood up, wiped my tears away and fished out my phone. I dialed the number of the only person I trust. On the second ring, she picked it up.

 

“Hello,” she said.

 

“Tiffany, I need to ask you a favor,” I glanced at Sica. “She’s here in our paradise. I’m going now.”

 

“What? Leave her? Donghae, this is your time to—“

 

“No, Tiff. You don’t understand. It’s not yet. I’m hanging up and don’t mention anything about me when she asks. And . . . Please take care of her,” I hung up and reached for the doorknob. I unlocked it and for the last time, I looked back at her.

 

She’s still peacefully sleeping. She’s an angel. She’s my angel. “Saranghae, my Princess Sooyeon.”

--------

April 13 #1