01

Still Married?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01: Lee >> Byun Soojin

 

 

The beautiful sun has shone and your eyes automatically opened once the clock has struck seven. Reaching for it and turning it off, you wasted no time and started to prepare for work. Yes, work has been your bestfriend for quite some time. You took a bath and dressed up formally. You pressed the button on your telephone and unreceived calls were starting to play.

 

 

"Lunch meeting today with Mr. David at Gustav Cafe"

 

 

It was your secretary, Jin Kyung telling all of your schedules for today. You were applying lipstick and you just nodded, signing that you got it, even though she can't see you.

 

 

"Hey.. It's me, Kris. I don't know but why is the Ombudsman calling for you? He just sent the letter to us.. And I think you have to go.. It's pretty important? Okay? Don't be stubborn and just go before I'll drag you there!"

 

 

 

You chuckled and shook your head. It was Kris who had left you the message. He's your cousin and the one who helped you to move in to Canada. The story behind it? Forget it. It is an awful and crappy one as you describe your past but what's important right now, it made you a better person person and a successful businesswoman. It's proven. You're handling most of the businesses in Canada together with Kris. In short, most of it belongs to your family.

 

 

 

When you're all dolled up. You got your car keys and started to make your way to your office. Once you reached your office, everyone stopped and bowed at you. And you hate it. You don't get it why they fear you. You're surely workaholic but not a boss-slash-monster to their employees. As you waited for the elevator, you could sense other employees moving away from you. You sighed and told them, "Guys.. It's okay. I won't bite.."

 

 

 

Then the elevator opened and you entered. All of them were hesitant to ride it with you so you eyed them, "What? Get in"

 

 

 

All of them went inside and pressed buttons to what floor are they assigned. Once you're in your office, your secretary gave you folders, asking you to sign them. You sat and started to sign papers, "Kris told me that I need to meet the Ombudsman?"

 

 

 

"Yes.. In fact, they need to you to be there by 1 'o clock.." Jin Kyung said as she looks in her notebook.

 

 

 

"Are you coming with me?" You asked.

 

 

 

"I- uh.." She blushed and looked down. You knew that she has other plans.

 

 

 

You smiled and chuckled, only for you to hear and see, "Go on.. If you have a date just go.."

 

 

 

"Thank you Ms. Lee" She smiled at you just smiled back at her.

 

 

 

"Hey! We're still friends! I'll just call you when I need you.. Thank you" You nodded your head, telling her that it's okay for her to leave now.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

It's been 4 hours since you were reading files, proposals and etc. You forgot that you have a Lunch meeting with Mr. David. Thanks to your secretary who had knocked on your door just to remind you, "Uh.. Miss Lee, time for us to get going.. Mr. David said, he's on his way."

 

 

 

You mentally face palmed yourself, "Yes.. I'll get going soon.."

 

 

 

"Okay.." Jin Kyung nodded and closed your door.

 

 

 

You stood up and the both of you went to the cafe where he told you to meet. You arrived 30 mins. earlier, as usual, sometimes, you're even an hour early. You ordered food and coffee.

 

 

 

"Jin Kyung- ah.. Who are you dating again?" You asked Jin Kyung as your bestfriend this time, she told you about her date but you seemed to forgot his name.

 

 

 

She rolled your eyes, "I can't believe you forgot again. I'ts like, I told you about him for a hundred times already and this time, it's going to be a hundred and one"

 

 

 

"I'm sorry okay.. I'm too occupied with work.." You reasoned out, "Now, come on, tell me.. Who is it?"

 

 

 

"It's one of Kris' friends.." She shrugged.

 

 

 

"Oh yeah! Wait! Is it.." you looked up, trying to remember what's that bun-looking-that-happens-to-be-Kris'-friend name again, "I'm pretty sure it's familiar because his name starts with Shoe right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter