29

Still Married?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

29: 'JUST LIKE BEFORE'

 

 

"Baekhyun, time to eat" 

 

"Aniyo. You go ahead first. I'm still full" He replied at your cold invitation.

 

You stood up and returned the food on the fridge but he stopped you, "What are you doing?"

 

"Returning the food. Let go" You asked nicely but he didn't let go, "You haven't eaten ever since you came out.."

 

"I'm still full" You forced yourself to smile still.

 

Baekhyun sighed ad let go of your wrist, "Soojin, can we talk?"

 

You froze upon hearing those words. This is the most awaited time and yet the scariest for you. 

 

The second day you stayed at the hospital, you had the chance to talk to Lay when he walked with you to get some fresh air. You knew Lay even when you were kids because Kris was his bestfriend and because you also got to hang out with him, you became close friends as well. He's the only EXO-M member you knew after Kris and Xiumin.

 

"You know what? In a girl's lifetime, a guy should only be kneeling because of three reasons. One is to ask for your yes. Second is for whenever he's showering you with compliments and three, going to ask you to marry again on your golden anniversary" You bitterly smirked, "Well in my case, Baekhyun kneeled in front of me, twice. And those two times, I will never forget" You blurted out of nowhere.

 

"Can I ask you when and why?" Asked Lay.

 

"Well the first one is when he confessed his love and proposed properly, if that's what I think"

 

"The second?"

 

"It is when he asked me to let him go" You looked at Lay and even though you're smiling and trying to stop the tears, Lay could only see pain.

 

"I'm sorry.."

 

"It's okay," You exhaled, "I guess some things are meant to be told anyways. It's not as if I could always keep things by myself"

 

Lay didn't say anything. You continued.

 

"You know what, when he asked me that, I told him, 'No' then I walked away. I may look firm during that time but in the end, that was just my cover up for my ego and on that very special moment, I knew I have to let him go. I love him so much that I'd rather see myself hurting than to see him unhappy especially because of me" A tear dropped from your eye and you quickly wiped it, "What is wrong with me"

 

"Just let it out" Lay said without looking at you, "Knowing who you are, I bet you haven't shed a tear after what happened"

 

You shook your head and tried to stop the tears, "I must resist. If not, I don't think I could've been able to make it until today"

 

"You must've been hurt so bad"

 

"I've died" You smiled, "A lot of times"

 

"Are you still dying?"

 

"Trying to revive myself but I think, I could never be alive again" You shook your head.

 

"What do you mean?" He asked and looked at you.

 

"Now that I'm reviving, the other one died" You smiled sadly, "I guess things are supposed to happen that way. They are meant to happen that way"

 

"Sometimes, fate is the hardest enemy. Even though you did your everything to make it stop, it will always find a way to make it happen" He commented, "I can see both of you fighting so hard but I can see a wall that hinders you both from your happiness. Do you know what is it?"

 

"Cowardic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter