07

Still Married?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07: THE DEAL

 

 

"Omo! You've arrived" Your mom swiftly descended from your staircase with hands clasped together on her chest with a smile that annoyed you so much.

 

"Mom! What are these??" You asked in annoyance.

 

"Your luggage" She simply said.

 

"Mom, I know but why?"

 

"Oh don't be silly honey. You're moving to your home" Mrs. Lee simply shrugged and smirked.

 

"MOM!" You shouted and you looked at Baekhyun who's in shock.

 

"What? You're married for goodness' sake" Your mom said, "And as I've said, your room became a stock room so there are no other options besides your couple house.."

 

You pinched the bridge of your nose and breathed deeply, "Mom, there's only one room in our home and I bet you haven't unlocked the other rooms"

 

"Ding dong daeng!!" You mom sang, "Those are for my grandchildren, why would I open it for you?"

 

"Mom, I think it's not right.." Baekhyun finally spoke.

 

"FINALLY!" You turned to him and saw that he still has the horrified look.

 

"And what's not right about that, honey?"

 

Your face scrunched up a little, "Ew mom. Stop calling Baekhyun like that"

 

"Whatever. Have some dinner before you go, okay?" Your mom turned around to head to the kitchen.

 

You turned your attention back to Baekhyun with both of your hands on your waist, "So Mr. Smarty pants, what can you say about this? No. What would you do about this?"

 

He shook his head and headed to the dining as well. You scoffed and groaned following them as well. The dinner went well if that's what they think. Your mom couldn't stop talking about your memories with Baekhyun and your future.

 

"Did you remember when Soojin manned up and kissed you on your recital?" Your mom laughed.

 

Just so you know, both of you are uncomfortable talking about it but your so called 'husband' is too good that he covers it up with his awkward smile that looks like he's too immersed in the conversation.

 

Rolling your eyes, you tried to cut the topic, "Mom, please talking about that. That's what I regret the most so please"

 

"Oh.." Your mom glanced at Baekhyun to see his pained reaction, "Trying to be bold this time huh?"

 

"What?!" You asked irritatingly and saw your mom looking at Baekhyun who's sinking on his seat, "Sorry"

 

"I'm done eating" Baekhyun wiped his mouth, "Going to load your things and I'll just wait for you outside.."

 

And with that, he left. You were guilty and you don't know why. Maybe because you told him straight on his face without thinking twice and that hurt him. Maybe.

 

"Look what you've done Soojin" Your mom turned strict but still continued to eat.

 

"What?" You ask her, still denying everything.

 

Your mom put her utensils down and leaned back, "If you're going to be insensitive towards others then I have no reason not to tell you this. I never raised you like that. You, moving to Canada made you worse. I'm so disappointed in you Soojin. Once you're done, see yourself out. I'm going to bed. Take care"

 

You're trying to figure out what you're feeling after your mom told you. You tried to finish what you're eating but you can't find yourself doing it so you stood up and went to your mom's room. Just like you're expecting, it's locked so you had no choice but to talk from the outside, "I'm going" You waited for a response but you got nothing. With a sigh, you went downstairs and headed to where Baekhyun's waiting.

 

"You're done?" He asked with his smile.

 

Why? Why is he still smiling like nothing happened? As if what you've said didn't hurt. Why is he still looking like the old times where he only smiles at you, just like he's giving you right now. Heck it's making you more guilty.

 

"Soo?" Baekhyun woke you up from your thoughts, "Get inside"

 

You saw him holding the car's door, waiting for you to enter. Without any reactions, you entered his car and he closed the door. You followed him with your eyes while he's jogging towards the other side. Would you say sorry again and maybe explain? But why would you say sorry if you're just being honest? But then this realization brought you to another one, do you really mean it? Do you really regret it? Or are you just so mad and stressed at everything that made you blurt out you really didn’t mean at the first place? That’s what they say, you really don’t know what words you utter when you’re mad.

 

Biting your lips before speaking up, “I’m sorry.. You know.. About the.. Yeah.”

 

You could only hear his sigh. He didn’t talk at all. Why? Is he being so proud? You already said sorry what does he want? Or does it really takes time to forgive you since it was really under the belt to say that. You wanted him to talk. The silence through out the ride is killing you. You can’t find yourself talking since you know he’s mad at you, so you would glance at him once in a while just to look at his reactions but it was completely none. No reaction. You couldn’t do it anymore so you turned the radio on. You closed your eyes thinking it would ease you but no, it only made it worse. The music playing was ‘What Is Love’. You heard Beakhyun cough, maybe he felt awkward too. Well why wouldn’t you be both awkward if this was the song he sang during his recital and was even dedicated to you. You don’t know why you aren’t turning it off but you know you had to. You were slowly getting immersed on the song that you were about to close your eyes when the song stopped.

 

“Why did you turn it off?” You asked Baekhyun.

 

“Well… It’s too noisy. I bet you want some silence so I..” Baekhyun tried to explain but you were aware that he was uneasy. His eyes were dancing from left to right.

 

“Okay” You breathed out, “But please just fix your eyes on the road. I could see your eyeballs dancing..”

 

Baekhyun looked at you in shock. How the hell did you know that? Perhaps, are you staring at him or what? He began to slow down and parked his car on the garage. You looked outside and saw the house all lit up. It was still as beaustiful as before but you bet the inside is kinda messy since he lives alone and he’s a guy. Of course what would you expect from a guy, right? Baekhyun opened the door for you and you went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter