19

Still Married?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't know why I find this chapter short. Is it short?

19: THE PARTY

 

 

“’Be courageous enough to face your fears and be strong enough to fight with yourself.’

 

A statement that taught me how to reach my goals and all of the things I want in life. Simple, yes but very meaningful. Especially if it came from your love. Building Byun Corporation wasn’t that easy, said by my great grandfather who originally created the company, yes it was indeed hard to build it from the stories I heard from my ancestors but it’s harder maintaining it. The pressure around you, the willingness left in you when tough times came, the support from everyone, it was indeed a roller coaster ride from the former CEO’s and even myself to maintain Byun Corporation’s reputation. Wow, that rhymed. But as I’ve pondering on thought on how did Byun Corp managed to do so, only one thing came in mind, it was the staff who works extra hard for the company. I want to say sorry to everyone because I know, the past two years, you were suffering from hell but still, you kept working hard for the company, but now, I’m trying my best to bring the happiness back to the company. And also, I want to thank Soojin for being my inspiration and pushing me to become a better CEO. Soojin, thank you.” Baekhyun looked at you from the stage and smiled at you.

 

You smiled back. Very amused that your husband is the one in front of everyone. Unconsciously, you were carresing your ring finger and looking at it.

 

“Babe, let’s get you a dress?” He asked.

 

“Huh?” You asked.

 

“Well, there would be a company party” Baekhyun finally opened the ball up.

 

“Then enjoy” You shrugged.

 

“I want you to be there. I want you to be by my side” Baekhyunsaid.

 

“Hey guys, Kyungsoo told me to- Oh, is this some lover’s quarrel? I think I need to you know..” Kris interrupted the talk you’re having and slowly gave the both of you some privacy.

 

“Please” Baekhyun pleaded.

 

Again, those eyes. You were losing agin because of them. Because of them, you were knowing Baekhyun’s feelings if they were sincere or not, although sometimes, you can’t figure out what he means.

 

“Okay fine. I’ll just head home after an hour. Okay?” You threw your hands in the air which was caught by your quick husband.

 

“Then let’s go. We need to find a couple look in the 90’s”

 

“What’s the theme?!”

 

“Retro. Yeolda was the one who thought of it” Baekhyun shrugged, while heading to a random store.

 

“But the final say was yours, idiot”

 

“I think it’s fun” He winked at you in which you only rolled your eyes in response, “By the way, where’s Kris?”

 

You huffed, “Probably flirting”

 

“Well, if you were gonna look to your left, you will see a giant talking to a well, cashier” Baekhyun chuckled and your head drifted to your left. He was and you were right. The ugly giant was flirting.

 

“He would never learn” You muttered.

 

“Let him. If you would know Kris, that’s one of his frustrations. Getting a girl of his dreams, like I do” Baekhyun smiled.

 

“Wow. Never thought that ‘that’ would be coming from you Mr. Byun” You scoffed.

 

“What can I say? Mrs. Byun is making me do it” Baekhyun then kissed you on the cheek while entering a store.

 

You punched his stomach but not too much because of there are people around. If none, you would see your husband flying across the other side of the mall and probably made a mess because of a broken window.

 

“What are you looking for, Sir?” The saleslady asked Baekhyun.

 

You rolled your eyes at the obvious act that the lady’s pulling.

 

“Hmm. I don’t know, what are we looking for babe?”Baekhyun looked at you and smiled lovingly at you.

 

You smirked knowing that Baekhyun’s aware of what was the lady’s doing, “Couple retro outfits. Do you have any?”

 

“Of course we do” Her mood suddenly changed and there was a bit sarcasm on her tone but you really don’t care at all.

 

All the time, Baekhyun’s eyes were only for you. He wasn’t looking on anyone, just you. You were looking for likeable and descent clothes into the area where the lady brought you, “Hmm, do you want to be Elvis?”

 

“As long as you’re a female elvis” Baekhyun said.

 

“Then no” You put the costume back on the rack.

 

“The concept you chose is very hard” You looked at him and sighed.

 

“But it’s unique. Not unlike the two choices”

 

“What about the two?” You asked.

 

“Masquarade and Fairytale”

 

“You’re right” You agreed at the first time and searched for outfits.

 

The next day was already the day. So practically, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter