Chapter 52

Melted Heart

“There you are.” Jiwoong took a seat beside his brother who is drinking alone.

“Not dancing? I thought you love to club.” Taeyeon teased his brother and got a whack in return.

“People do change, Taeng. I’m not into life like this anymore. I’m working hard as a mature man.”

“Doesn’t mean you can’t club or even dance anymore. You love it.”

“I know.. but if someone has the power to stop you from doing what you love..”

“What do you mean?”

“I met this girl, Taeng. I love her. I’ve made a promise to not go to clubs because she hates it.”

“Wow! Who is this girl?! But this is not a club. It’s a party. My birthday party, hyung.”

“I won’t take a party as an excuse for me to act like that again.”

“You really love her, don’t you?” Taeyeon sigh as he understands his brother’s feeling.

“I promised Tiffany that I will work hard for my studies and I did not break the promise just because she is not here to see it.”

“Exactly.” JiWoong high-fived with Taeyeon and laughter started to fill the air.

~~

 

After the siblings had a good talk, they went back to the party and Taeyeon is a little drunk as he started dancing around with the music.

People gathered and started to sing Happy Birthday song to Taeyeon when Taeyeon’s mother push the cart with the enormous cake. Taeyeon planted a peck on his mother cheek before he make a wish and blew the fire.

“Mic test.” Taeyeon jokingly hit the mic repeatedly. Everyone laughed at his dorkiness and little drunk actions.

“Okay okay. I got it!” He plucked out the mic from the mic stand and pushed the mic stand away. His action shocked the crew. Luckily they grabbed the mic stand before it falls. “Thank you everyone for attending my birthday party.. I’m really.. really.. RREAAAAAAAAAALLLY.. Happy!”

Taeyeon spoke in a really weird manner which causes Yuri to worry that he is really drunk.

“Especially to my best friend Yuri and Jessica who planned it! It is a really awesome one. Even though the person who I really hope to be here with me.. is not here.. BUTTT.. I want to tell her that I really.. really... REALLLLLLLLYYY Miss her.. sooooooo much… I MISS YOU TIFFANY HWANG!” Taeyeon shouted the last sentence and passed the mic to a crew before he makes his way off the stage. Yuri ran to Taeyeon and grabbed his arm.

“Dude, you’re drunk”

“Yes I am!!” Taeyeon said and laugh loudly unconsciously.

Jessica shakes her head and helped Yuri to bring Taeyeon to a bench and wiped his face with a cold towel requested to a waiter earlier on.

“COLD!!!” Taeyeon jumped up at the contact of the freezing towel and threw it on the floor in quick reflexes.  “YAH!” Jessica boiled at Taeyeon’s unappreciative attitude. But Yuri calm the girl down by telling him that Taeyeon is drunk.

Yuri took a deep sigh and splash a glass of water at Taeyeon, then forced him to drink a bottle of plain water. Taeyeon struggled and tried to yell during the process but couldn’t fight against Yuri’s strength at that time.

“Enough! I’m alright!” Taeyeon finally break free and wipe the water away.

“Really?” Yuri eyed Taeyeon suspiciously.

“Yes!”

 

“I think we better send him back.” Jessica whispered to Yuri.

-

 

“Thank you guys.”

“No problem. I guess you’re alright already?”

“Yeah. I can go in myself. Drive with care! Bye” Taeyeon stand at his spot until Yuri’s car are far from his sight.

Taeyeon tap his card and walked in. His family is not home yet, because the party is actually still on, even though Taeyeon left early. “The light is on?” Taeyeon asked himself as he saw his room light is on. He went upstairs after locking the gate and threw his keys on the table.

 

He walked nearer and nearer to his room. Weird. There is a strong fragrant smell as he nears his room.

This smell.. – Taeyeon thought.

He pushed his room door and tilted his head, as if he was looking for something.

True enough, he saw a lady sitting on his blue sofa chair near the balcony of his room. His footsteps got heavier each time as he approaches. The girl turns around with her hair flipped nicely to the back, revealing her beautiful milky skin. She flashes her eye smile and got up running to the boy who is stunned.

“TAE!!!” Tiffany hugged her beloved tightly. But she let go after she realized that Taeyeon is not hugging her back.

“Wae?” Tiffany said sadly as she stares at Taeyeon’s eyes.

“F-Fany..?” Taeyeon regained from his shockness and stuttered as soon as he speaks.

“Fany is it you?”

“Pabo! It’s me!”

“I’m still drunk..”

“Indeed you have a strong alcohol smell, Tae.. I bet you enjoyed yourself just now huh?”

“Don’t wake me up..” Taeyeon said and hugged Tiffany tightly. Tiffany is confused but hugged back the guy she had missed. “Fany.. I miss you so much..”

“I miss you too, Taetae”

Tiffany heard sniffles after awhile. She let go of the hug and wipe Taeyeon’s tears with her fingers and thumbs. “Don’t cry.. It breaks my heart.”

“Sorry for being useless..” Taeyeon lowers his head, avoiding the eye contact with his lover. Taeyeon had so much emotions all of the sudden. He must have really drank a lot.

"Wait.. How did you come in?"

"Hayeon secretly handed me one of your house keys before I left. She is a smart girl." Tiffany giggled.

"Aishh.. this kid.."

 

“Tae, It’s 11.30pm already.” Tiffany gently lifted his head up and smile sweetly at the crying boy.

“Come!” She pulled Taeyeon to the balcony and open a box, revealing a beautiful pink heart shape cake. Tiffany starts to sing the birthday song and clap at every beat. Taeyeon finally smile and clapped along with her. “Yay!!!” Tiffany waved her both hands in cheer.

Taeyeon laughed like an ajusshi at the sight. “Happy Birthday my lover Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany said and planted a kiss on his cheek. Taeyeon’s stomach filled with butterflies. He missed those soft lips.

 He grabbed Tiffany’s head and kissed on her lips this time. Tiffany returned the kiss that caused the kiss to deepen. Taeyeon insert his tongue roughly inside Tiffany’s. Tiffany tackled Taeyeon’s tongue and kiss him even harder.

Tiffany finally opens her eyes and realized they have not cut the cake yet. “Mmmmmm..!” Tiffany breaks the kiss after a big moan. “The cake is going to melt!” Tiffany pushes the plastic knife at Taeyeon. “Cut it with me” Taeyeon said cutely.

“Okay!” Tiffany sat on Taeyeon’s lap naturally.

“Wait!” Taeyeon took Tiffany’s camera and placed it at a corner and started self-timing shots. They took many pictures together. Cream on Taeyeon’s nose, Taeyeon feeding Tiffany and vice versa, Taeyeon and Tiffany kissed, and many more dorky shots.

 

After the night, they both slept together with Taeyeon hugging Tiffany tightly, afraid that the girl will leave him. Tiffany snuggles and rests her hand on his chest as she slowly went to dreamland. The couple who did not have any skinship for more than a year finally reunites with hugs and kisses.