Chapter 38

Melted Heart

 

The youngsters went to shower after their swimming session. They came out and was served chocolate ice blend by Jessica’s mother.

“I’m home!” A sweet high pitch voice shouted from the door. Everyone turned their attention to the girl who just walked in.

“KRYSTAL!!!” Jessica ran to her sister.

“UNNI!!!”

The sisters who had missed each other shared a warm hug.

 

“Tiff unni!” Krystal saw Tiffany sitting there. Tiffany went over to Krystal and share a hug with the little sister too.

“OH.. Kwon Yuri and Kim Taeyeon oppa??!!” Krystal was shocked to see her idols. They used to be her senior but they went to high school while she is still in last year of middle school.

“Sis, isn’t Yuri oppa chasing you?” Krystal pulled her sister close to her and whispered to her ears.

“Ah.. yes, we are together now.” Jessica blushed when she admitted it.

Yuri stood up and greet Krystal. “T-Taeyeon o-o-oppa..” Krystal stutters as she walked to Taeyeon, wanting to shake his hand. Taeyeon smile sweetly at the girl and nodded his head.

Krystal can’t believe Taeyeon is here. She has been crazy over him and her sister knew it.

 

“Let’s eat shall we?”

Everyone went over to the dining table when Mrs Jung said the food is ready. Yuri picked some food for Jessica’s parents sweetly, that really makes Jessica proud of him.

“Your favourite, baby” Yuri feeds Jessica a beef slice.  She shyly eats it and smile happily with his love.

“I see you guys are processing well. What is your family background like, Yuri?” Mr Jung casually started a conversation. They chatted well during dinner.

 

 

Taeyeon offer to bring fruits out as they were chatting. Krystal followed behind quietly.

“Oppa.”

“Oh, hey Krystal, why aren’t you joining the conversation?”

“I.. er.. wanted to talk to you privately.” Krystal said avoiding Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“What is it?” Taeyeon smile at Krystal as he peels the fruits.

“I have always been a fan. I attended every tournament you guys played.”

“Really? Thanks.”

“Actually I was hoping if I could be more than a fan?”

“We are friends now.” Taeyeon talked comfortably with Krystal. She smiles happily at Taeyeon’s words. “Thank you.” She act cutely at Taeyeon and give him a peck at his cheek. Taeyeon stopped what he was doing and stare blankly.

Krystal hopped out after she kissed Taeyeon’s cheek. Taeyeon looked at the direction Krystal left and saw Tiffany. “F-Fany..” Taeyeon put down the knife and fruit and walked to his girlfriend.

“Krystal.. she..” Taeyeon flustered as he did not know how to start explaining.

“I saw. I know you did nothing.”

“I’m glad you understand.” Taeyeon smile sadly, worried that Tiffany will feel uncomfortable even if she didn’t blame him.

“She didn’t know about us. I think if we tell her..”

“I will tell her.” Taeyeon cuts off Tiffany’s sentence because he wants to be the one taking the initiative to do it instead.

“No. Let me. She listens to me.” Tiffany smile at Taeyeon as she caresses his cheek. Taeyeon kiss Tiffany’s lips before he went back to bring the fruits out.

~~

 

“Come in”

Tiffany went up to Krystal’s room shortly after her. “Hey..” Tiffany walked in and saw Krystal’s room. The room full of posters of SoShi Middle school basketball team last year or few years back. Every poster has Taeyeon and Yuri in it. Tiffany closes the door behind and notices Taeyeon’s picture at the wall.

“Can I help you with anything, unni?”

“Er.. yeah.. wow I didn’t know you are a fan of the soshi basketball team.” Tiffany didn’t know how to start telling the girl.

“Honestly.. I’ve like Taeyeon oppa ever since I enter middle school. You don’t know how happy I was today. Absolutely a dream comes true!”

“Yeah.. definitely..”

 

“Actually I..” Tiffany took a long pause. She didn’t know how to tell the girl who she treated her like her own sister.

“Actually Taeyeon is my boyfriend.” She finally said it.

Krystal stares at Tiffany angrily. “What?! Oppa never had a girlfriend!”

“I know, Krystal but..”

“You stole him from me as soon as you enter the school?!” Krystal yelled at Tiffany despite being disrespectful.

“Stop!” Jessica came in the room as soon as she heard her sister scolding Tiffany.

“He is not yours and don’t be rude, Krystal Jung. He love Tiffany and that’s it!” Jessica pulled Tiffany out.

Tiffany had tears in her eyes. She had never wanted to hurt Krystal. They have this close relationship since young. Tiffany knew Krystal is always being possessive with something she likes. If she likes pony, Jessica can never have it. What more someone she likes.

 

“Dad, mum. We’re leaving. Happy birthday again, dad. Hope you love your presents from us.”

Jessica went to Mr Jung and gave him a hug before heading to the door. The three of them take turns to bid farewell and left.

“Sica, are you okay?” Yuri grabs Jessica’s hand as soon as they are outside.

Jessica ignores her seobang but turn to Tiffany. “I’m sorry Tiffany. Krystal just has a crush on Taeyeon. She will be over it soon.”

Tiffany smile back at Jessica, feeling better at her best friend’s words.

 

“I should be the one..” Taeyeon place his hand on Tiffany’s thigh while he drive with another hand on the steering wheel.

“No, Taeng. I’m fine, really.” Tiffany smile back at Taeyeon as she places her hand on top of him.

-

 

Next few days, the couples spend their time together attending school and going out. Neither did they know something bad is going to happen.

“Hey!” Donghae raises his wine as soon as he saw Hoya jogging towards them.

“Long time no see.” Hoya greeted his clubbing buddies.

“You look bothered.” Eunhyuk place his arm over Hoya and continued drinking.

“I’m dumped.”

“What?! Boys like us never get dumped!” Siwon smirks at Hoya and laughed.

“It’s not funny! Stupid Kim Taeyeon shall pay for snatching my girl.”

“Kim Taeyeon?! You are dumped by Tiffany unni?!” Krystal shouted as soon as she heard her lover’s name. Krystal hangs out with the bad company. She thinks Siwon oppa really likes her but he only wants her body.

 

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“She stole my favourite oppa.” Krystal fold her arms angrily, hatred filling her eyes.

 “Well, well.. I think we should make people who hurt our friends pay..” Siwon grinned evilly as he gulped down one shot of alcohol.