Chapter 15

Melted Heart

 

Taeyeon received the message from Tiffany and naturally smile at it.

“Let me see it!” Yuri snatches Taeyeon phone playfully.

“GIVE ME BACK!!!” Taeyeon chases after Yuri around the mall like small kids.

“HAHHAHA!” Yuri doesn’t stop fooling around.

Taeyeon didn’t stop and suddenly pound at his friend. Taeyeon jumps up and hop onto his friend’s back and elbow him. That caused Yuri to surrender.

“Okay okay!” Yuri passes the phone back to Taeyeon. “What’s the big deal man?! You’re like in love!”

“Shut up.” Taeyeon checks his phone to make sure that there isn’t any scratches and tries to reply Tiffany.

<< To Tiffany:

Glad you like it. It’s my first time trying to cook spaghetti though. (: Anyway, I heard you saying ‘pasta’ in your little nap so I cook it. It’s not like a genius of me knowing your cravings though. (: 

Have an early night. Sweet dreams. >>

 

“Come! Let me teach you some wooing skills, dude!” Yuri throws his arm over Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“What?!”

“You need to start dating her! Look what she did to you!” Yuri teased Taeyeon by pointing him from his top to bottom.

“No. I’m not going to do that.”

“Don’t be stupid! You want her to get stolen?!” Yuri punches the stubborn friend.

“I’m not dating! I will not!”

“What?! What is it stopping you?!”

“Nothing! Just date all you want for yourself and leave me alone, Yul!” Taeyeon storm his way out of the mall with his friend bewildered behind.

 

~

The whole night, Taeyeon has been thinking and thinking.

Does he really likes Tiffany? Or he has fallen?

Why does only Tiffany makes him feel this way?

Should he chase this girl he just knew not long ago?

 

The whole night, Taeyeon rarely got any sleep.

 

-

 

Next Day,

When Tiffany and Jessica step into the class, Yuri is folding some paper for fun and Taeyeon is sleeping.

Oh.. He is sleeping.. – Tiffany thought

She is still embarrassed when Taeyeon texted her and said that she sleep talks. She feels like hiding her face though. Nevertheless, she hopes to talk to Taeyeon again.

“Who is Tiffany?” A guy walked in the class minutes before the teacher steps in.

“Here!” Tiffany raises her hand.

“Oh, these are for you.” The guy went over to her and passes her a small bouquet of flowers and a pink card.

“Oh? These..?”

“I’m just a delivery man. Bye~”

“Thank you..” Tiffany was shocked with the sudden gift. She flipped open the card and saw :

Hey Beautiful,

I think these flowers are perfect match for you. 

Could it be.. Taeyeon? - Tiffany thought, hoping it was him. She smiles when she thinks of him.

 

Just then, Taeyeon wakes up from his nap and saw Tiffany holding a bouquet of flowers.

Someone gave her that..? – Taeyeon thought with a little jealousy

Tiffany turns to look at Taeyeon and smile when she saw him awake.

“Hi Taeyeon, I see you’re tired?”

“Erm.. yeah, as usual..” Taeyeon gave a sad smile as he stares at the card she’s holding.

“Someone gave you that?”

“Not you?” Tiffany accidentally blurted out. “I-I mean.. yeah..”

“Wow.. you’re getting noticed in school.. haha..” Taeyeon gave a jealous laugh and they turn back to face the board once the teacher stepped in.

 

-

The whole lesson, Taeyeon tries to stop for thinking who could be the one that gave the flowers. Someone must be admiring Tiffany all the while. But he can’t just ignore, he must try to do something.

“Bye Tiffany.” Taeyeon smiles as he made his way to his basketball practice after school with Yuri.

“Bye.. Oh Taeng!”

“Er.. yeah?” Taeyeon is still not getting used to Tiffany calling him Taeng.

“The spaghetti.. is really nice. Thank you.”

“Not a problem.” Taeyeon smiles back to the girl. She returns it with her famous eye smile that really caught Taeyeon’s heart to stop beating for a moment.

“Er.. I got to go. See you around.” Taeyeon politely excuses himself.

“Oh okay.”

 

I didn’t get to speak with him a lot today.. I hope we could tomorrow. Sigh* - Tiffany thought.

“Oh em gee. FLOWERS?!” Jessica yelled. Only after the lesson, she saw Tiffany’s bouquet of flowers.

She had been sleeping the whole time.

“Whats the big deal Jess?! Lower down!” Tiffany felt embarrassed for her best friend making loud noises.

“Who gave you?! TAEYEON?!” Jessica yelled even louder.

“I said LOWER DOWN JESS!!! No it’s not Taeyeon.. I don’t know who though..” Tiffany said softly with a hint of sadness.

 

“Come on! At least you have an admirer, English girl.” Jessica smirks.

“I’m not interested! You can have it.” Tiffany pushes the flowers to Jessica

“Don’t be stupid. Vase the flowers like how you did to Taeyeon’s. They are so beautiful.”

“Okay..”

 

~~

 

After the guy saw Tiffany received his flowers he cheers happily and decided to confess to Tiffany when he had the chance.

 

-

 

The next day after school, Taeyeon and Tiffany are studying again. This time they are study buddies. Tiffany’s mathematics is getting better, so Tiffany decides to slacken a bit.

Instead of finding Jessica, or Yuri for Taeyeon, they give excuses like “Jessica wants to sleep.” Or “Yuri has a date”. The real excuse is that they want to spend time together.

“I’m so screwed if I can’t do finish my History homework by today.” Tiffany whines as she opens the door.

“You have completed it that time right?” Tiffany asks Taeyeon as she throws the keys on the dining table.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany didn’t get any reply, probably because he didn’t hear her.

“Sorry.. What?” Taeyeon is distracted by the flowers. He saw them together with the flowers he gave last week. His flowers are dying though. The one that is blooming now are the ones Tiffany received from an unknown person.

“Have you finished your History homework?” Tiffany questioned Taeyeon again.

“Yeah.. I can help you if you need any.”

“Thanks. Take a seat first.” Tiffany went to the kitchen to get Taeyeon a drink as usual.

 

Tiffany came back with an orange juice. “Sorry. Apple ran out.” She said apologetically.

“No problem..I see you vase the flowers.” Taeyeon couldn’t help to say because it has been distracting him.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful, I can’t bear to throw it. Haha”

“Well.. You should get rid of the pink carnations.. They are withering.”

“Er.. yeah, I should.” Tiffany have to not let Taeyeon knows that she treasures the flowers he gave. So she bitterly agrees with him.

“Okay let’s start!” Tiffany covers her disappointment by getting started.