Chapter 23

Melted Heart

 

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in!” Tiffany closes her book and immediately sit up when someone knocks on the door. It’s already 8.30pm, she hopes is Taeyeon or maybe Jessica.

“Hi Tiffany” Hoya smile and walked in.

Tiffany’s face changes as soon as she sees Hoya. “Hey.. hi..” She said sadly.

“Here, for you” Hoya places the fruit baskets on the table and give Tiffany the flowers.

“Thanks.”

“Are you feeling better?”

“Still a little feverish.” Tiffany smile at Hoya’s concern.

“Why are you alone? I was like expecting Jessica or some classmates to be here..”

“Jessica must be sleeping still.. and.. well, apparently the class didn’t really like me. Haha” Tiffany laughed awkwardly.

“Says who!” Hara bangs in the door followed by the class.

“Oh my god!” Tiffany got a shock. Her classmates are all here! Well, not all. Except Yuri, Taeyeon and Jessica.

“Thanks!!!” Tiffany received a stalk of flower from every individual.

“Guys! I’m really happy that you guys came!” Tiffany said, almost tearing.

“We are a class, Tiffany. What’s more you’re our class angel!” Kris said.

“Yeah! You’re the most helpful and caring girl I’ve ever met!!!” Baekhyun said dramatically with emotions.

“Oh guys stop it. You’re making me blush..” Tiffany lowers her head as she starts to blush because of the class warmth. She really didn’t regret coming to this class. Knowing all the lovely people and.. found the one she love.

They sat around and chat with Tiffany. The room filled with laughter and happiness.

~

 

After the practice, Taeyeon went home and find some recipes.

“No..no..no..” Taeyeon swipes the Ipad when he did not see a suitable dish.

“AH! This!” Taeyeon went to start preparing the woks and boiled the soup.

 

2 hours later, Taeyeon woke up from his alarm. He went to check the soup he brewed.

“Mmm..” He savour a spoon of it and thinks he is a genius.

 

-

Taeyeon heard noises from Tiffany’s room. But he still knocked.

“Hey.” Taeyeon peep in the room. However he got a shocked when he realized the room is full of his classmates. “Woah!”

“Relax Taeyeon!”

“OPPA!!!!!!!!!!” Nicole ran towards Taeyeon and grabs his arm.

Tiffany immediately became jealous. Well, it is obvious. She remained silent.

“Hey Tiffany, are you feeling alright?”

Tiffany just slightly nodded. Nicole has not released her hands from Taeyeon, she still feels uncomfortable.

“Come on guys, since Taeyeon is here, we shouldn’t obstruct their time being alone~ Let’s go!” Jonghyun teased Taeyeon and Tiffany. The class agrees and left, saying farewell one by one.

“Bye Tiffany.. I’ll visit you again..” Hoya feels jealous of Taeyeon. He knew these two have something on, but they are not officially together, so he will not give up.

~~

 

The room filled with awkward silence when everyone left. Tiffany did not know what to say, so she took a magazine and flips the pages.

“Sorry I’m late..” Taeyeon apologizes.

Tiffany felt his sincerity, her heart melts instantly.

“ It’s okay..”  Tiffany felt happy that at least Taeyeon came. It’s never too late for him to appear.

“Well, because I have to boil this. The instructions stated 2 hours of brewing.” Taeyeon slowly took out a container in the plastic bag he carried. Then he opens the cover, revealing a very fragrant smell of tonic.

“You..you cook this?” Tiffany crawl to the front of the bed and sat infront of the table.

“Yeah.. It’s my first time so..”

“I love it!”

Taeyeon was surprised by Tiffany’s confession. “You haven’t even drink it..” Taeyeon chuckled at the silly girl.

“I.. I mean I love your intention, Taeng. Thank you.”

“Here.” Taeyeon feeds a spoon for Tiffany. Tiffany was shy with his gesture in the first place, but gladly accepted it. “MMM!!!” Tiffany made a loud moan. Taeyeon feels awkward by it.

“You know, I really hate herb drinks. It’s so bitter and smelly. But yours is so sweet…” Tiffany said happily.

“That’s because I added some apple, they said that apples can reduce the bitterness.” Taeyeon said proudly. He is really glad that Tiffany likes his soup.

Tiffany couldn’t stop smiling in her heart because of Taeyeon’s sweetness.

Why does he makes my heart beat so fast every time? I need to stop. He doesn’t like me more than just good friends.. I should stop fascinating… - Tiffany thought as she stares at Taeyeon feeding her.

 

~~

Taeyeon and Tiffany chatted like they knew each other for so long. They feel so comfortable talking to each other. Tiffany is really happy that she has reached this stage with Taeyeon. But unfortunately, she can’t further this relationship.

 

-

Yuri brought Yoona for a date again. They catch a movie and dinner like usual lovers. Just when they are planning to go into the arcade to catch some Rilakkuma, Yuri’s phone rang.

JESSICA?! – Yuri thought. Shocked by the fact that it is the first time she called him.

Yuri picks up when he moves slightly further away from Yoona.

“Tiff, sorry I can’t visit you, I sprained my ankle. I can’t move at all.. It’s killing me!!!” Jessica whined.

“WHAT?! You sprained your ankle?!” Yuri jumped up with concern.

“Who is this?!” Jessica was shocked that the person on the other line is a male and really sound familiar. Then she looks at her phone again. ! Why did I call Yuri?! This is crazy.. Don’t tell me because I miss him that is why I unknowingly pressed his contact. ! Stupid Jessica! – Jessica thought and started to panic.

“Sorry, wrong number.” Jessica quickly ended the call. After she ends the call she yelled and curses herself for doing that. “WHY AM I SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!” Jessica covers her face and starts to tear, due to overreacting. Then she sends a sms to Tiffany and told her about her not coming, instead of calling.

On the other side..

“Yoong! I have to go! I’m so sorry. But it is really an emergency. I need to go back right now.” Yuri apologized to Yoona who is actually excited that they could catch a new toy. But the atmosphere is ruined by Yuri. “What happen?” Yoona grabs Yuri’s arm with concern.

“I’ll tell you later, I have to go, you want me to drive you back too?” Yuri speaks like a bullet train.

“No.. it’s okay. I want to walk around more..”

“Okay, Bye Yoong baby!” Yuri gives a quick peck on Yoona’s cheek and ran off immediately.

Leaving the girl’s heart filled with sadness.

 

-

Jessica is on her bed, using two pillows to cover her head. She is still so bothered that she called Yuri. She is so embarrassed. She needs to find a hole to hide immediately.

Just then knocks could be heard from outside. The person knocks so fast and loud. Jessica popped her head out from her pillow with a shocked expression.

“Tiffany’s in the hospital. Who could this be???”