Chapter 43

Melted Heart

 

“Dad..”

Tiffany’s father is really angry at her daughter doings after Mr Kwon told him.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Mr Hwang stared angrily at his daughter.

“I.. I did not!”

“Yeah very funny. Take a look at your assessment book. Compare it to the scribbles on your table. It is the same handwriting. You can’t lie about this, Ms Hwang.” Mr Kwon said sternly as he throw the assessment book on the desk Tiffany brought in earlier on.

“From what I know, you have been doing your mathematics badly. You think this cheating will help you to pass Year 1?” Mr Kwon continues to attack the poor Tiffany.

Tiffany held her tears. “I did not!” She yelled back at the discipline master unknowingly. Mr Hwang got even furious when he saw her daughter’s actions. “SHUT UP!”

“Sorry, Mr Kwon. I will have to bring my daughter home right now.” Mr Hwang grabbed Tiffany’s arm with strength that caused the girl to feel pain with the grip.

“I am sorry but she will get a zero for this test. That means she can’t go to Year 2.”

“Oh, okay, then I will allow her to leave this stupid school.” Mr Hwang said sarcastically back at Mr Kwon because he hate his arrogant attitude to them. No matter what, Mr Hwang is one of the famous businessman in Korea, no one has shown disrespect to the man.

Mr Hwang pulled Tiffany harshly out of the office, not caring that many students are looking.

“Fany!” Taeyeon ran to the girl with Jessica and Yuri behind.

 

“Tae..”

That was the last word Taeyeon heard from her beloved angel before her father dragged her out of school without caring about Tiffany’s friends who are concern.

-

“You caused me to lose my face!” Tiffany’s father shouted at the crying girl once they reached home.

“Dad.. I did not..”

“How can you disappoint your mother?” Tiffany’s father always used her mother as part of the scolding to make Tiffany feel even guiltier.

“You’re such a let down.” Tiffany’s father walked up the stairs but paused for a moment,

“I am sending you back to California. You have wasted your chance here.”

“DAD! NO!”

Tiffany kneeled down crying loudly after her conversation with her father. Tiffany did not want to go back. Not when she is so happy in this school, so happy with Jessica back with her, so happy with Taeyeon beside her.

 

-

Taeyeon went to Tiffany’s house to find the girl. He texted the girl when he arrived. Soon later, he saw a girl with a pink top and white shorts came running to him. Her eyes are red and puffy even though it is dark.

“Fany!”

The lovable couple hugged as if they have not met for years.

“Hey.. don’t cry anymore.. the beautiful eyes are gone” Taeyeon pouted as he wiped her tears. Tiffany took a deep breath and held her urge of crying. “Tae..”

“What’s wrong, baby?”

“My.. My..” Tiffany started to have hiccups because of the non-stop crying since afternoon.

“There, there.. take your time. Have you eaten?”

Tiffany shakes her head cutely with a sad face.

“Aigoo, how can I let my baby girl starve? Come on!” Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand before they got in the car and Taeyeon drove them to a nearby street stalls.

 

~~

After eating, Tiffany’s mood automatically boost up because Taeyeon never fails to make her smile. When they are going back, Tiffany started to talk in the car.

“Tae.. actually..”

“What is it?” Taeyeon grab Tiffany’s hand with love as he drove with another hand.

“My dad wants to bring me back to California..”

“For what?!” Taeyeon panic but his eyes never leave the road.

“Continue my studies there..”

“But why?! Doesn’t he know you’re accused?! I believe you did not cheat! Why must he do that?! Did he listen to your explanation?”

Tiffany starts to cry silently again, knowing that it will be hurtful for both of them. After a while, they reached Tiffany’s apartment. Neither of them talked. They were both busy thinking about what has happened. Taeyeon parked the car outside Tiffany’s mansion, but neither wants to step out of the car.

“Tae..”

“Fany..”

They talked at the same time when they suddenly decided to break the silence. Taeyeon slightly giggled and brush Tiffany’s hair. “You first.”

“I.. I am sure there is nothing we can do to change the fact.. that we have to be separated for a moment..”

“Fany, I promise I will wait for you no matter what. I love you.” Taeyeon kissed Tiffany.

Tiffany smile within the kiss. Nothing can make her feel even happier with Taeyeon assuring their love.

-

“Where did you go?!” Tiffany’s father folded his arm furiously when he saw Taeyeon and Tiffany holding hands as they walk to the gate.

“I..”

“Hi Sir, I’m ..”

“Get in now.” Mr Hwang turned back into the house without even letting Taeyeon introduce himself.

Tiffany looked at her father with anger. She could not believe that her father is so rude. She wanted to yell back but Taeyeon pulled Tiffany’s hand that he was holding and hint her not to.

“It’s okay.. Have a good rest okay? I’ll.. see you in school tomorrow?”

“I’m not sure, Tae.. I will contact you. I love you.”

“Love you more.” Taeyeon gives Tiffany’s forehead a peck before letting go of her hand unwillingly.

 

~~

“No! This is not her fault! Why did her dad make such a stupid decision?!” Jessica angered when she and Yuri came to Taeyeon’s room that night.

“Why is her dad so strict?” Yuri frowns when he lies down on the sofa.

Taeyeon kept silent as Jessica continues to talk about how unfair it is for Tiffany. Taeyeon left the couple and walked to his room, quietly closing the door and started crying.

It has been just merely a month since they got together and now they have to separate again. Why must god let him lose the girl he love as soon as he finds the courage to love her? Why must god take her away? Why can’t god let them be together?

He wants to love her so much. He wants live with the girl he loves for as long as he breathes. He didn’t want to let her go, but the girl herself has already given up the chance to fight for themselves. He didn’t know what else to do. He feels so vulnerable.

Even the boy who is a free-thinker, started to pray to god that their love can continue. He did not want their relationship to come to an end as soon as they get together.