Chapter 6

Melted Heart

 

The next day,

Taeyeon was about to go home after school. Tiffany told Sica that she will meet her at their dorms as she chased after Taeyeon. “Wait!”

Taeyeon didn’t hear Tiffany calling him because he is listening to his music.

“Wait!” Tiffany ran in front of Taeyeon and spread her arms.

Taeyeon was surprised by the sudden appearance of Tiffany Hwang. He took down his earpieces and look curiously at Tiffany.

“Erm.. Should we start doing Math soon..? I am afraid I might not catch up in class..”

“You could do some practice questions and ask me those you are not clear with. That will be faster. Bye.” Taeyeon leaves as soon as he says finished.

Tiffany is bewildered by Taeyeon’s attitude towards her. She is quite furious.

Why must he treat me like a pest? Is it very tough for him to guide me slowly?! ARGH! I think I have a different impression of you now. – Tiffany thought

 

-

Tiffany tries to start doing some math questions on topics 1 to 10 after her dinner with Jessica.

“ARGH!!!!” She slams her pen on her book.

“This is so frustrating!!!” She messed her hair violently and Jessica saw it from the sofa.

“What are you doing?! Stop it.” Jessica speaks up and changes the television channels.

“Could you help me with this, Sica?”

“Why don’t you ask Kim Taeyeon? I’m not a pro though.”

“He.. ugh.. Don’t talk about him.” Tiffany covers her face with both hands, feeling even furious when Jessica talks about Mr Kim Taeyeon.

“What happen?” Jessica raised her eyebrows as she walks to her best friend.

“He doesn’t seem willing to help me! He told me to do these questions myself and ask those questions when I face problems. He said it will be faster.”

“That’s true isn’t it?”

“WHAT?!  I can’t even start do any of the questions, Sica!”

“Okay okay, let me help you start.” Jessica took the book from Tiffany and stares at the questions.

Tiffany went to the toilet for the moment, and when she came out, she found a sleeping girl with the book covering her face.

“*Sigh* this lazy girl…”

 

~~

Tiffany did not complete any math questions last night. She gives up and decided to talk to Kim Taeyeon about it. She went over to Taeyeon’s table and he is sleeping as usual.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

This time, is louder than the previous time, because she became impatient with this guy.

Tiffany looks at sleepy Taeyeon and reframes herself from admiring the pretty face.

“Look. If you are unwilling to help me, I can tell Ms Lee about it. It is not big deal, Kim Taeyeon. Thank you SO much for helping.” Tiffany heads to the door before Taeyeon could respond at the angry Tiffany. Taeyeon is befogged at Tiffany raging.

. What have I done?! – Taeyeon thought

He then remembered that yesterday he might have pissed Tiffany off. He quickly chase Tiffany.

“Tiffany wait!”

 

Tiffany heard him calling, but did not stop her footsteps.

“Wait!!!” Taeyeon grabs her arm from behind as soon as he catches up with her speed.

Tiffany turns and looks at Taeyeon with her angry face. Taeyeon quickly lets go of her arm as soon as he noticed he has touched her. He almost blushes if not for this serious situation.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon pants softly and said to her sincerely.

Tiffany looks away and folds her arms.

“You don’t have to tell Ms Lee about it. I will help you…”

“It’s not like I’m forcing you, Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany stared angrily into Taeyeon’s eyes.

“I know. I know. I am willing to help you. Sorry about it..”

“Fine.”

“So.. did you do any questions yet?”

“No. I can’t even understand at all. How am I supposed to start doing it?!” Tiffany raised both of her arms in anger.

Taeyeon swallowed his saliva at that scary Tiffany.

“Sorry.. I didn’t know..” Taeyeon looks down apologetically.

Tiffany feels bad for her temper too. She breathes in and said, “When are you free to start teaching me?”

“Well, besides Tuesday and Thursday when I have basketball practices till 6pm, the rest of the weekdays I’m free after school.”

“Good. Let’s start two days later then. We will meet after school on Friday.”

“Sure..”

“Thanks Taeyeon, sorry about being angry earlier on.. Bye!” Tiffany flashed her eye smile before she hop her way out of the corridor.

Taeyeon just smiled at the girl happily hopping her way out and couldn’t help but stare at it.

 

~

“Hi.” Yuri smiled at Yoona as he went over to opposite of the table and lift up the seat for the girl.

“Thanks. Sorry for being late.”

“It’s my honour to wait for a beautiful lady like you.” Yuri smiled at Yoona and she smiled back.

After that, Yuri and Yoona placed their orders and returned the menu to the waitress. Yuri then started the conversation.

“So.. Yoona, how old are you?”

“Same as you, oppa.”

“Oh.. really? Ha, why didn’t I see you before?”

“Hmm.. because you only notice Jessica Jung..” Yoona jealously said but Yuri is unaware of it.

“Ah.. that..”

“Oppa, have you given up at chasing Jessica ssi?”

“Erm.. I.. don’t know..”

“Is there something happen?”

“Even though she always ignore and treats me coldly, I’ve never give up. But she kind of thinks I’m being a busybody when I saved her life that time. It really hurts my heart..”

“Oh… Oppa.. you are serious about her?”

“ I.. am trying to stop thinking of her now..”

“Really?!” Yoona accidentally sounded abit happy at what Yuri said.

“Oh. I mean.. it is good to give up on someone who doesn’t even show interest in you in the first place, oppa.. You are a nice guy, you shouldn’t be hurt this way..”

“I.. am a nice guy..? I thought everyone treats me like a total player..” Yuri laughs sadly.

“No! Oppa is a very warm guy. Always taking care of your basketball team and never treats your fangirls like dirt. You are friendly, not a flirt.”

“Really?.. You know, even though many girls told me that they like me, I have never heard a compliment like this before. Even from my buddy Taeyeon..” Yuri rubs his neck and could not help but feel shy at Yoona’s words.

She is a very nice and pretty girl.. I think she really likes me. Should I give it a try? – Yuri thought