Chapter 3

Melted Heart

 

Wow. He is sure damn smart. – Tiffany thought.

Once Taeyeon turned and walk towards his seat. Tiffany discovered the handsome face. Who is this boy? - Tiffany thought. She didn’t see him the whole time. Until Taeyeon took his seat, Tiffany then realized that he has been sitting behind the whole while.

RINGGG

Jessica woke up from her little nap and yawns. Yuri packs finish his bag even before the bell.

“Sica, you.. are really not coming to see..?”

“No. Get lost Yuri.” She pushed Yuri aside and walk towards the door. Tiffany following behind.

Yuri frowned and sighed sadly at the girl who rejected him. Taeyeon stood up carrying his bag, and gave Yuri a pat on the back.

“Let’s go”

 

 

“I’m soo gonna make friends with Tiffany.” Yuri said to himself, being determined and put up a fist.

“What for?” Taeyeon became alert when he hears her name.

“Have more chances to talk to my princess.” Yuri grinned when he thought of the ice princess.

“Are you serious with Sica?” although Taeyeon is boy who doesn’t interact much with people. He and Jessica are still considered “friends” because he saved Jessica’s life from bugs before when he happen to walk pass the library. After Yuri found out about this, he even tried to throw bugs around in class to act “hero” in front of Jessica, but Jessica always run out of the class without asking for help. She knew it is Yuri who did it. However, Taeyeon and Jessica don’t really talk much in school because they are the same. In their own world during lesson time.

 

“What?! Of course!” Yuri punched Taeyeon’s arm which caused Taeyeon yelped at the pain.

 

“THE MATCH BETWEEN SOSHI UNIVERSITY AND SUJU UNIVERSITY IS STARTING IN 5MINS, AUDIENCE PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS.” The announcer alerted everyone that is walking around, and spectators quickly take their seats. There are fan girls and boys around. Most of them carrying banners with Taeyeon and Yuri’s name. And of course, their school name.

 

Jessica and Tiffany who were about to leave the school to the nearby café, walked pass the sports hall where the noise and cheers came from.

“What is happening in there?” Tiffany being curious.

“Just some lame competition.” Jessica replied even without looking back at Tiffany.

“Shall we take a look? Looks fun!” Tiffany pulls Jessica arm excitedly.

“No.”

“Come on!” Tiffany continues to pull Jessica.

 

Taeyeon saw them from the backdoor. He slowly walked towards them.

“Sica!” He shouted from behind.

The two ladies turned to look and saw Taeyeon in his jersey.

“Hi Taeyeon” Jessica managed to give a slight smile.

“I.. erm…” Taeyeon saw Tiffany staring at him. He felt so hot.

Is the aircon spoilt?! – He cursed in his mind.

“Erm, d-do.. you w-wan..wanna watch us play?” Taeyeon carefully say once he controlled his stuttering because of Tiffany’s appearance. He looked at Jessica as he can’t seem to look at Tiffany’s direction.

“Just a few minutes?” Taeyeon quickly said because he remembered her rejecting Yuri twice when he asked. He wants to help his friend by getting Jessica to watch them play. So, he just hoped for the best.

“Okay” Jessica said.

Taeyeon mouth unknowingly opened. Tiffany too. She looks at her bestie with a ARE-YOU-SERIOUS face. “Alright. Follow me” Taeyeon smile and guide the girls to the spectators’ area.

“You guys can just sit at the empty seats. I have to go!”

“Oh!” Taeyeon stopped running and looked back. “Thanks Jessica.” He gave her a warm smile.

That smile.. so charming.. wait. What am I thinking?! It’s not even for me! – Tiffany mentally slapped herself.

 

“I don’t understand Jess.”

“What?”

“You rejected Kwon Yuri’s offer but you accepted Taeyeon’s.”

“So what?” Jessica replied Tiffany coldly and starts to yawn.

“You like Kim Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked her carefully. Acting like she is just being curious but deep in her heart she is dying to hear the answer.

“Yes. He is a nice guy.” Jessica smiled.  “Unlike Kwon Yuri.” Jessica showed an irk of disgust when she talks about the jerk.

 

“Like? As in like ‘like’? Or like ‘love’?” Tiffany tries to form her question properly. She wants an exact answer.

“Come on Tiff. I like him as a friend. Don’t worry about it.” Jessica pat Tiffany’s lap and gave a ert smile.

“Worry about what?! I’m just asking..” Tiffany look away from Jessica’s suspicious eyes.

“Why do you hate Kwon Yuri? I think he is nice? And he looks like he is interested in you, Jess.” Tiffany tries to change the topic.

“Becareful of him, Fany. He is a flirt. Definitely a jerk.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

 

The two bestie stopped talking when the players start to march in the basketball hall. Screams, cheers and jeers are heard.

“Look.” Taeyeon pointed at the place where the two American-Born-Koreans were sitting.

“How did..?” Yuri was stunned when he saw his princess sitting 50metres away at the spectators stand. Taeyeon just winked back at him and ran to the other side of the hall as a defender.

 

Once the game starts, Yuri’s eyes are full with determination to win. He wants to show off in front of Jessica. Knowing her coming to watch the competition is really 0.1% chance. He must not lose.

Taeyeon on the other hand smile every time when he sees the new girl standing up and cheering for the school team. That beautiful eyes have made him more confidence in the game.

 

“Let’s go.”

“Why?! There is still fifteen minutes to the end of the game!” Tiffany frowned at her friend, being a spoil sport. “It’s boring.” Jessica stood up. But immediately pulled down by Tiffany.

“No!” Tiffany stared at her best friend. It is her first time being angry since she came back to Korea.

Jessica was shocked and did not make any move later after that.

He is so dashing when he defends the ball with his high jump.. OMO! Becareful!!! Heesh, this Suju guy with the name “Teuk” at the back of his jersey is really an . How can he be so rough to Taeyeon?! – Tiffany who is staring only 1 of the player the entire time, talks to herself in her mind every single second.