Chapter 21

Melted Heart

 

“MR KIM, COME IN.” The lesson is going to end, therefore Ms Choi allows Taeyeon to get back in the class.

“MR KIM, I SAID COME IN!” She yelled with her high pitch tone. Everyone in class was literally covering their ears.

“HARA! Get him in!”

Hara obeys Ms Choi’s command and open the door. However, she saw the hallway empty.

“Ms Choi, Taeyeon is not here..”

“WHAT?!” Ms Choi is boiling right now.

“He is so gonna get it from me!” Ms Choi yelled before she stormed out of the class.

“Taeng is so dead…” Yuri muttered to himself.

 

~~
 

“WHAT?!” Jessica shouted when she picked up her phone. Yuri got a shocked.

Taeyeon calls Jessica when the class ended. Jessica hurriedly packs her bag. Yuri noticed Jessica’s actions. She is always taking her time to pack but this time she clears her table faster than him.

“Hey Sica, did something happen?”

“Tiffany is in the hospital!” Jessica continues to pack, without looking at Yuri.

“What?!” Yuri was shocked.

Jessica didn’t reply him and ran out of the class. Yuri chased after Jessica.

“Jessica wait! I will go with you!!!”

 

 

-

“Taeyeon!” Jessica shouted along the corridor of the hospital when she saw Taeyeon sitting at a bench of chairs with another girl.

“Where is she?!” Jessica panics.

“Inside.” Taeyeon points to the door beside him.

Just as Jessica wants to go inside, Taeyeon grabs her hand. “the doctor asked us to wait outside.”

Jessica stopped and took this time to breathe properly. She let out a huge breath after realizing she is so out of breath because of running. “Sica, take a seat first.” Yuri touched Jessica’s shoulders and led her to the chairs opposite Taeyeon and BoA’s.

“Oh.. this is..?” Yuri noticed the girl sitting beside Taeyeon.

“BoA.” BoA said and offers Yuri a handshake.

“She helped me to get in Fany’s dorm and told me to bring her here.” Taeyeon smile at BoA, then back to Yuri.

“Thank you.” Jessica softly said when she overheard their conversation.

“You’re?” BoA kindly asked Jessica.

“Jessica.” Jessica smile at BoA. She likes her because she can tell she is really nice. Even though she did not know Tiffany, she is still sitting here waiting for the doctors.

~~

 

The doctor came out after so long. Everyone stood up and asked about Tiffany’s situation.

“She is running a fever.. and she is slightly low in blood. Her situation is stable for now, but she needs to stay for few more days until everything is perfectly okay.”

“Thank you.” Everyone take turns to say.  They quietly went in to see the bed ridden Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon’s heart sank when he sees Tiffany all weak, with tube connected to her hand. His eyes unknowingly became watery. But he holds his tears as he walks towards Tiffany. He stares at her face silently.

I’m sorry.. – Taeyeon thought.

Jessica on the other hand, went to another side of the bed and grabs Tiffany’s hand.

“Why are you sick?! Pabo! You got me so worried!!!” Jessica said softly with anger to her unconscious friend.

 

Yuri taps Taeyeon’s back and tilt his head at the door. Taeyeon understands Yuri’s sign and got out of the room with him. BoA followed out too.

“Erm, I will go now, I still have lessons.” BoA told Taeyeon and Yuri.

“Oh, okay. Sorry for delaying your time, BoA ssi. Thank you so much.” Taeyeon politely bows at BoA.

“Call me BoA next time, Taeyeon.” She smiles brightly and wave at Yuri. “Bye!”

Both of them waved at BoA. They got their attention back to each other after they saw BoA’s figure disappear.

“You ran out of class halfway to find Tiffany?!” Yuri shouted softly at Taeyeon because they are in a hospital.

“I can’t.. I feel that something is wrong, that’s why!” Taeyeon reasoned.

“Ms Choi is so angry at you, do you know that?!”

Taeyeon stayed silent. He knows this time he is really dead. Ms Choi is not going to let him off.

“I know..” Taeyeon said bitterly.

Yuri pats Taeyeon’s back to cheer his friend up.

 

“Taeyeon.” Jessica came out from the room.

“Yes?”

“Is she fine last night?”

“I..I think so..” Taeyeon said guiltily.

“What did you do to her?!” Jessica yelled at Taeyeon when she noticed Taeyeon is hiding something.

 

“Hey, Sica. Cool down..” Yuri tries calm Jessica.

“I-I..” Taeyeon stutters.

“I told her I don’t like her more than a friend..” Taeyeon finally said.

Yuri was shocked. Jessica was furious and shocked.

“Why did you do that?!” Jessica is exploding.

“I-I.. I’m just..”

“YOU KNOW SHE LIKES YOU, WHY DO YOU NEED TO BREAK HER HEART?!” Jessica waved her hands up as she speaks. She is getting agitated.

“S-Sorry..” Taeyeon looks down with guilt.

“Argh!” Jessica went back into the ward and slams the door.

Yuri just sigh loudly as he pat his friend on the shoulder. He is speechless as well.

“I’ll go buy food for her.” Taeyeon said before he leaves. Yuri stays with Jessica at the ward. Just in case she needs help.

 

-

 

Jessica dozes off at the sofa next to Tiffany’s bed after a while.

This girl.. – Yuri thought.

Yuri took out his jacket from his bag and covers Jessica’s body. Yuri sat beside Jessica admiring the pretty face. Why didn’t you like me back..? – Yuri thought sadly.

Yuri’s face unknowingly went closer to Jessica’s. Just before his lips touch hers, Taeyeon came in the room. Taeyeon stunned at his spot as he saw Yuri’s face hovers Jessica. Yuri notices Taeyeon came in, he hurriedly stood up and walk nervously to his best friend.

“Oh.. you’re back!” Yuri said excitedly, covering his nervousness.

“What are you.. doing?” Taeyeon suspiciously look at Yuri.

“I’m just lending her my jacket..” Yuri didn’t look at Taeyeon’s eyes when he replied.

Taeyeon ignore his best friend and place the food beside Tiffany’s bed. Taeyeon took a seat on the chair beside Tiffany’s bed. He smiles sadly at the unconscious girl.

~

 

Jessica woke up and noticed something on top of her.

This familiar perfume.. – Jessica thought.

She looks down and saw Yuri’s jacket. She was surprised. But quietly admits she love his scent and him being so caring. She smiles at the jacket and look at Yuri. “Thanks”

Yuri was shocked at first, because Jessica has never said a nice word to him before. His heart stopped for a moment when the angelic Jessica speaks.

“N-Not a problem..” Yuri replied shyly.

Then Jessica remembers Yuri has already had a girlfriend. Her heart turns sour when she thought of that. However, she shakes that sad thought away and look at Taeyeon.

“Oh. You’re back. I’m actually quite tired. It will be nice if..”

“I’ll look after her.” Taeyeon offers.

Jessica just smile at Taeyeon. She do not know if she should be angry for him being too nice to Tiffany, causing that poor girl having false hopes or sad that he didn’t love Tiffany like how she love him.