Chapter 34

Melted Heart

 

“Yuri get back in before you fall sick!!!” Tiffany yelled from Jessica’s dorm as she saw Yuri kneeling downstairs from the window.

“No! I will wait for Sica baby to accept for my forgiveness. Or I will never get up!” Yuri said with determination.

 

“Sica, you’re really not going let him at least explain why?”

“I’m tired. Tiffany I think you better go back. I want to sleep early.” Jessica said emotionlessly as she covers her whole body with her blanket.

These days, she has been living in hell. Not attending school for 3 days, staying in her dorm the entire time. She has been crying to sleep every night. As much as she misses her Seobang, she is still angry with that incident.

Yuri on the other hand, attends school every day but his soul left him. He didn’t get to see Jessica for even a second these few days. He misses the girl so much and wants to stop this suffering.

 

Tiffany left Jessica’s dorm as the girl requested. When she open Jessica’s dorm door, she saw Hoya standing in front of her dorm.

“Hoya?”

“Tiffany!” Hoya’s face lit up when he saw Tiffany. He gave her a bouquet of red roses to her immediately. “Oh.. thanks..” Tiffany was shocked and awkward with his sudden gesture.

“Tiffany I..”

“What is it Hoya?”

“I..I.. I want to ask if you’re willing to be my girlfriend?”

Tiffany is surprised by the direct confession from him. Hoya is desperate for Tiffany’s love. He has been waiting for so long. He doesn’t want this to go on and on with no results.

Tiffany looks around, hoping Taeyeon will appear every time Hoya talks to her. But no one is at the corridor. The hallway is empty. Silence is filling the air.

“Hoya.. I..”

 

 

~~

The wind hit Jessica’s window violently. Sound of the strong wind sounds like ghost whispering. Jessica is afraid. She hugged her bolster even tighter. Then a thunder followed after the wind. Continuous roaring of the thunder scares her even more.

Just then she remembers someone. Someone said he will not leave unless she forgives him.

Jessica slowly creeps her way to the window, pulling her blanket along.

She peeps and saw the one she love shivering in the dark cloudy weather. She stares at the figure, didn’t know what she should do. She is so worried that he might fall sick if this goes on.

Few minutes later, it started to rain heavily. So heavy until she couldn’t spot the figure anymore. The girl knew the guy will leave if the storm comes. She sigh sadly and wanted to make her way back to her bed. But before she leave, her side eye saw something out there. She turns back and saw Yuri is still kneeling at the same spot. He is shivering even more and his face looks really pale.

Jessica threw her blanket and dash out of her dorm, bringing an umbrella with her.

 

She stopped when she is one foot away from the unsheltered path. She stares at the figure that is shaking as he kneels. Tears filled her vision unknowingly. It breaks her heart to see him there because of her.

She opens the umbrella and walk towards him.

Yuri suddenly felt the rain did not hit him. He looked up and saw an umbrella over his head. He turn and saw the one he has wanted to see for so long. He got up from his kneeling position and hug the girl tightly as he starts crying with the combination of raindrops on his face.

Jessica did not move at first but after that, she dropped the umbrella and reply the hug. She cried and hug him tightly as if he will disappear in the rain.

The both of them hug in the stormy rain. Neither one bothered about the rain or thunder. They stayed in hugging position for quite some time.

 

~~

 

“I can’t accept you” Tiffany said as she did not dare to look at the rejected boy.

“W-Why?” Hoya’s voice starts to shiver with his teary eyes.

“I don’t love you..”

“We can try to work it out..” Hoya said and grab Tiffany’s hand.

Tiffany tried to remove her hand from his grip but Hoya held even tighter.

“You’re hurting me.. Please let go..” Tiffany begged as she used another hand to try pushing his hand away.

“NO!” Hoya pulled her hand and hugged Tiffany forcefully.

Tiffany was startled by Hoya’s actions. She pushes his chest with her both hands but he did not let her.

“Tiffany I love you!!! PLEASE!” Hoya hugged even tighter.

“Hoya you’re hurting me! Please stop!” Tiffany pleaded again as she tried to break free.

 

Tiffany closes her eyes as she continues to push Hoya away.

Awhile later, she realizes Hoya has stopped hugging her. She opens her eyes to see Taeyeon grabbing Hoya’s collar with a really angry expression.

“T-Taeyeon!” Tiffany is really happy to see him here. But she was afraid that he might hurt Hoya.

“Taeyeon, let go.” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon’s arm that is grabbing onto Hoya.

 

Taeyeon ignore the girl and said, “Don’t. You. EVER. Dare. To. HURT. TIFFANY!”

He send a punch across Hoya’s face as soon as he finish his sentence.

“OWW!” Hoya hold his face with his hand and look at Taeyeon with full of hatred.

Tiffany is shocked at the Taeyeon she sees. He is not the guy she fall in love with. He has become so scary.

“ YOU!” Hoya stands up and punches Taeyeon back at his face.

Taeyeon did not expect that punch and was hit with Hoya’s full strength. Taeyeon raged even more and starts kicking Hoya’s leg to cause him fall.

“Taeyeon! STOP!” Tiffany ran in front of Taeyeon and pushes him with her body, causing his back to lean against the wall. Taeyeon’s eyes did not leave his rival. His eyes are full of anger.

“Leave Hoya.” Tiffany said to the damaged boy on the ground, not leaving Taeyeon with her body to stop him for approaching Hoya again.

 

Hoya limps his way out as he clenches his teeth and show Taeyeon a middle finger before he is out of sight.

Taeyeon stopped his furiousness and look at Tiffany with concerned eyes.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you badly? Is he harassing you? I should have come earlier..” Taeyeon starts to talk like a bullet train. He didn’t give the girl a moment to reply him.

“Hush Taeyeon. Come in.” Tiffany opens her dorm door as she holds Taeyeon’s hand.

 

“Sit. Don’t move.” Tiffany left Taeyeon at the sofa as she went to the kitchen.

She came back after a few seconds with a first aid kit with her.

She opens the box and starts to pour a cotton wool with medicated oil. Then she gently taps Taeyeon’s bruise at his cheekbone.

“Ahhsssh..” Taeyeon softly winced in pain as Tiffany touched his wound.

“I’m sorry..” Tiffany said as she felt bad.

 

“Tell me. Did he hurt you?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany again.

“No.. It’s okay..”

“I won’t let him hurt you ever again.” Taeyeon gently grabs Tiffany’s hand and slightly smile at the girl who is confused with his words.

Tiffany blushed as she realizes their position. Her right hand on his cheek, her left hand is held by him, while their faces are just inches apart. Taeyeon slightly leans nearer to her face as he stares at those lips.

Tiffany felt that time seems to have stopped. She couldn’t react at all. She is frozen at her place. But she slowly closes her eyes as she feels that something she expected is coming.

 

-

 

“Si..Sica-ca.…” Yuri’s words came out softly with shivers. Jessica realizes something is wrong with him, quickly breaks the hug and caresses his cheeks with her hands.

“Oh no.. You look so pale, Yul..” Jessica said within tears. She quickly grabbed the umbrella and hook Yuri’s arm. They slowly made their way to the sheltered area.

Jessica tried her best to support Yuri who is walking like a zombie. She threw Yuri on the sofa as soon as they reached her dorm. She didn’t care the drenched Yuri will wet her sofa, all she cares now is Yuri’s health. He looks so pale and was breathing with difficulties with all the crying. Jessica wants to get a towel for him but was pulled by Yuri’s little energy that is left.

They shared a hug again. Yuri tried his best to say within sobs. “ I-I.. I.. love..ve.. u..u.u…”

Jessica starts to cry again as she hears those words she missed so much.

“I love you too..” Jessica pulled Yuri’s neck closer to her as she hugged her beloved.