Chapter 30

Melted Heart

 

“Taeng..” Tiffany broke the silence after they have been walking along the river for quite a long time.

“Yea?”

“Do you have any girlfriend before?” Tiffany asks the boy who stopped his footsteps. She decided to try digging information about him. He has never really talk about their personal lives before.

“Nope..” Taeyeon said as he shoves his hands in his jacket pockets.

“Hm.. may I ask why?”

Taeyeon took a breath before he starts saying, “I’ve always afraid of being in a relationship.”

“Huh? Why?” Tiffany looks at Taeyeon with her eyes wide open.

That’s it. He is afraid. So he does have feelings for me? – Tiffany thought.

 

Taeyeon told Tiffany about his family. How easy it is for his father to long forget the love he once had for his mother. “I don’t want to be irresponsible like him.” Taeyeon finally said.

“But.. that doesn’t mean you will be like him. You could prove to him that you’re different.”

“I might have the genes. I don’t want to break anyone’s heart.” Taeyeon said sadly.

“Then what are you going to do if you meet the love of your life?”

I've already met her.. - Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon’s heart stops when he heard the question. “I don’t know..” He admits softly.

Tiffany didn’t know what to say. She didn’t want Taeyeon to think she is forcing him to doing something he doesn’t want. They continue their walk chatting about other stuffs.

~~

 

Tiffany went back to her dorm and called Jessica over. They discussed about Taeyeon.

“I think we should stop everything. I don’t want to force him.”

“But you guys will never be together. Taeyeon will have to marry one day. You must change him.”

“But what can we do? It’s his fear. Only his father can help.”

“That’s right!” Jessica suddenly feels a light bulb above her head.

“What do you mean?”

“We should talk to Mr Kim.”

“What? Are you crazy? Taeyeon will know what we are up to.”

“Okay fine, not us. But Yul.” Jessica smirks at Tiffany.

“I don’t know Jess.. I don’t want to do anything.” Tiffany said. Disappointed at herself because she is tired of thinking how to change Taeyeon.

“You don’t have to. We will help you. Just continue to accept dates from other boys.”

“What?! But I don’t want! I almost died when I have alone time with Hoya. It may be comfortable but I'm not really used to it..”

“Just do for the sake of it!”

 

-

 

Next Day

When Jessica and Yuri went for a date, Jessica told Yuri she knew everything about Taeyeon. She wants him to keep a secret between them if not she will ignore him forever. Yuri is afraid of losing his beloved, promise to keep the secret.

Jessica then request Yuri to talk to Taeyeon’s father because Yuri is his close friend.

“Okay, Mr Kim and I are really close anyway.” Yuri boasted in front of his girlfriend.

“That’s great!”

“But on one condition!” Yuri said seriously as he eyed on his girl.

“What?” Jessica stare at him with her ice princess mode.

“A kiss.” Yuri grinned and tilts his cheek towards Jessica and pointed at it.

“Ugh!” Jessica groaned but moves forward to plant a kiss.

But before her lips reach his face, Yuri turned and their lips connected.

“You’re so cheeky!” Jessica blushes and smack Yuri’s chest, embarrassed at what just happen.

“Oh come on you love it. Don’t you..~” Yuri hugged his princess and they hold on that position for it seems forever.

-

 

Few Days Later,

 

Yuri finally went to Taeyeon’s house for a visit. But without Taeyeon knowing, of course.

“Hi Omma!” Yuri called her that since young. He wave at the middle aged woman as she opens the door.

“Oh Yul ! Nice to see you. Is Taeyeon with you?” The woman looks around but didn’t see anyone with Yuri.

“Nope. He is in school. I came because I want to find Mr Kim secretly behind Taeyeon’s back. So please don’t tell him I came.”

“Ah, Kim is coming back soon. Come have a seat first.” Taeyeon’s mother invited Yuri in and went to get a glass of water for the guest.

 

“Yul oppa!!!” HaYeon saw Yuri from upstairs and came down running.

“Hey Hayeon!” They hugged as they greet each other.

“Wow, you’re a big girl now. Haha~” Yuri said as he pat Hayeon’s back.

“Oppa you have become more handsome too! Kekeke. Where’s Taengo oppa?” Hayeon was looking around for her brother.

“Nah, he didn’t come. Don’t tell him I came okay? It’s a secret!”

“Oh? Okay.. Please tell oppa to visit soon. I miss him!” Hayeon said and frowns because she didn’t get to see her brother ever since he went to high school.

“I will.” Yuri smile at Hayeon sweetly.

 

“Yuri?” Mr Kim close the door as he saw Yuri inside the living with Hayeon.

“Oh, Uncle Kim!” Yuri ran to the man and hugged him.

“Oh I miss you son. How’s Taeyeon?” The Kim family treated Yuri like a family, so Mr Kim has a habit of calling Yuri as his son.

“He is doing great. I came because I want to talk to you about Taeyeon..” Yuri said seriously after Hayeon went back to her room, not wanting the girl to know too much.

“Oh, let’s talk outside the garden.”

 

They went to the backyard and sat at the dining area outside, beside the swimming pool.

“Did something happen to him?” Mr Kim asked with concern as he took a sip of coffee.

“Well.. Taeyeon likes a girl. I mean.. he really love that girl..”

“Wow, what did I miss? Are they together?” Mr Kim cut Yuri off because he was excited at the news.

“No.. Actually, Taeyeon kind of.. didn’t want to get into a relationship.”

“Why?” Mr Kim starts to worry.

“Because of you, uncle.” Yuri said with a hint of sadness.

 

Mr Kim raised his eyebrows because he didn’t know what Yuri meant. Thus, Yuri explained everything about it. The concerns and confidence of Taeyeon.

“That silly boy.. He shouldn’t think that way. Everyone is different when it comes to love..”

“Uncle, I really hope you could find a chance to talk into him.”

Mr Kim nodded a few times as he continues to think.

“I don’t want him to hurt the girl he love even before they get together.”

“I promise I will help him. Thank you, son.”

“No problem, Uncle.”

After the serious discussion, the two continue to chat about almost everything. Yuri even shared about Jessica to Kim. They chatted for almost 2 hours before Yuri have to go and eat dinner with his girlfriend.

 

“Remember to tell Taeyeon to visit.” Taeyeon’s mother came out and sends Yuri off.

“I will.”

“and makes sure he takes care of himself. You too.” Mr Kim said.

Yuri just nodded and wave to Taeyeon’s parents as he drove away.