Chapter 20

Melted Heart

 

 

Tiffany ran all the way back to her dorm, wiping her tears several times as she run. She leans on her room door after she slammed it. She slowly sits on the ground and pours her sadness out. She looks above and took the withered flower that Taeyeon gave it to her. Even though Taeyeon told her to throw it away, she didn’t. She hung it behind her bedroom door.

She cries and stares at the flowers.

“Tiffany..” Taeyeon’s voice echoed back in her head during that time he gave her the flowers and chose her as the most beautiful girl in class. She smile bitterly and wipe her tears again.

Tiffany closes her eye for a moment and let out a breath. Then she threw the withered flowers far away.

This is the first time Tiffany ever feel that way to a guy. She has never expected her first love to be like this. She has never expected the one she love doesn’t love her back. All of these are her wishful thinking. She blamed herself for being the one acting like an idiot, desperate for his love. She blamed her stupid confidence in asking Taeyeon that question she should have never asked.

The whole night she cries as she hides her face behind her knees. Sobs could be heard in the room echoing loudly. No one knows that room 108 has once cheerful beautiful girl crying because her heart is broken.

 

~

 

Taeyeon drags his feet back to the dorm. He has been thinking about Tiffany. Looking how broken is she just now makes him feel the same too. Taeyeon holds his tears until he reaches his dorm.

“Oh. You’re back.. finally! How’s your date??” Yuri smirks and grins at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was busy thinking about Tiffany, thus he didn’t hear Yuri talking to him. Yuri notices Taeyeon walks towards his room without taking a look at him. He feels angry.

“Alright buddy. You have to talk!” Yuri ran over and grab Taeyeon’s arm, swinging Taeyeon around to face him.

“Huh..? What?”

“What happen? I’ve noticed it since yesterday. You.. you cried last night..”

Taeyeon was shocked. He didn’t knew Yuri noticed he cried.

“Taeng. I’m your best friend. Tell me..” Yuri soften his tone at Taeyeon.

 

The boys went to the sofa and started talking. Taeyeon told Yuri he cried because he is afraid that he might fall in love with Tiffany. Yuri didn’t get why at first. But after Taeyeon told him about his father, Yuri knew Taeyeon is afraid of hurting Tiffany. Like how his father hurt his mother.

“You’re really stupid.”

Taeyeon stares at the mat. He knows Yuri is right.

“You hurt a nice girl, Taeyeon.. That is really stupid of you..”

 

That night, Taeyeon kept staring at their one and only photo they took together and unknowingly slept with his phone on his hand.

 

--

 

The next day, Taeyeon and Yuri went to class a little later than usual. Taeyeon woke up late. By the time they arrived, they are already 5 minutes late for class.

“Sorry Ms Choi we are late.” Yuri knocked the door and apologized. Followed by Taeyeon.

“I thought you guys are having fun outside. Since it’s the first time, I’ll let both of you off.”

“Thank you Ms Choi” Yuri and Taeyeon said in union.

 

While taking their seats, Taeyeon noticed Tiffany’s seat is empty. He immediately panics and starts to worry. He doesn’t feel good about this.

“Jessica.” Taeyeon tapped Jessica’s chair. He woke the sleeping beauty up.

“What?” Jessica looks really annoyed by Taeyeon waking her up.

“Sorry.. but.. Where is Tiffany?”

“I don’t know. I can’t find her.” Jessica doesn’t seem to be bothered.

“WHAT DO Y-you.. mean?!” Taeyeon accidentally spoke louder than whispering. But he quickly softens his voice, afraid that Ms Choi might catch him talking.

“She will usually knock my door in the morning, but she didn’t. I went to knock at hers but she didn’t open the door. I tried calling her too, but no one pick up.”

“Something must have happened..” Taeyeon said with worry.

“Yes, I’m sure of that, Kim Taeyeon.” Jessica stares at Taeyeon with full of suspicious.

“What?” Taeyeon was taken aback by that look.

“She went out with you last night. Did anything happen?”

“N-No.. Gosh, I need to find her.”

“You..” before Jessica could finish her sentence, Ms Choi caught them talking and they end their conversation.

 

~~

Taeyeon couldn’t concentrate. Then something came to his mind. He quickly pretends to sleep. Ms Choi caught him and chased him out. “Yes!” He cheered softly. Taeyeon was supposed to sit outside the class the entire time. But he ran to the girls’ dorm area as soon as he is being punished.

He reached Tiffany’s door after running so far. He pants and knocks on the door.

“Tiffany!!!” He shouted and knocked violently. He placed his ears at the door but he didn’t hear a sound.

Where could she be.. – Taeyeon thought as he panics.

He took his phone and tried spamming Tiffany’s phone.

 Suddenly, he heard a glass break inside Tiffany’s dorm. Taeyeon’s face lit up with anxiety.

“TIFFANY! TIFFANY IS THAT YOU?!” Taeyeon bashed the door violently again.

“!” He quickly stepped back and tries breaking the door.

His loud commotion was echoed through the corridor.

“HEY!” A Year 3 senior came to Taeyeon to see what is this guy doing.

“Oh, Kim Taeyeon?”

“Hi.. erm yes, I am Kim Taeyeon, could you please help me? I think my friend might be in trouble.” Taeyeon points at Tiffany’s door.

“Oh.. Sure. I’ll tell the desk counter lady to open up.” She walks to the opposite direction to head downstairs. But she paused for a while. “Hey, Kim, I think you better hide somewhere first. It’s not appropriate for a guy to be here. And.. in this school hour.”

The senior knew Kim Taeyeon, the famous boy in Year 1. She is also sure that all Year 1 students are having their lessons now. She was shocked to see him here. But she assumes that Taeyeon is a good boy and believes his words.

 

~~

After the old lady open the door for the senior. She left without going in to take a look. However, the senior took the initiative to see if the girl living in 108 is really in trouble.

Taeyeon saw the old lady left. He quickly ran to dorm 108.

“Oh my god!”

Taeyeon heard the senior screamed. He quickly ran to Tiffany’s room. Taeyeon was shocked like the senior. They saw Tiffany lying on the floor with a glass of cup broke into pieces on the floor.

“TIFFANY!”

Taeyeon kicked some broken glass away and went to lift Tiffany up. She looks pale and weak. She is being unconscious. Luckily, the senior majors in medical. She grabs Tiffany’s wrist and tries to feel her pulse. Then she touches her forehead.

“She has a weak pulse and she’s running a fever.” The senior said calmly.

“Bring her to the hospital.”

Taeyeon nodded and carries Tiffany up with the help of the senior.

Taeyeon piggybacks Tiffany and ran as fast as he could to the hospital just outside the school.

The senior followed behind, well, quite behind, Taeyeon ran too fast. After she reached she tried to find Taeyeon and Tiffany. After a while she saw a nurse pushing Tiffany into the emergency room, with Taeyeon left behind.

“Please register over there.” A nurse told Taeyeon.

Taeyeon went to the desk and took a form from the counter.

“Woah. Kim, y-you..are really .. fast..” She pants heavily. “I’m BoA.” She took out her hand.

Taeyeon shakes her hand and smile back. “Nice to meet you, BoA ssi. Thanks for your help."