Chapter 10

Melted Heart

 

“Oppa!!! Barbeque a beef slice for me ~”  The girls hover around Taeyeon.

“No!! Oppa I want some chicken wings!!!” The girls are fighting as they pull Taeyeon’s arms.

Taeyeon just ignores them and put 4 chicken wings, 3 mushroom steaks and 4 slices of beef on the paper plate.

 

“This is for me!”

“No!!! It’s for me!”

“Get lost! Tae oppa cooked it for me!!!”

Taeyeon just shakes off those hands that are grabbing him as he swiftly dodge his way out.

“OPPA!!!”

“All your fault!”

“You’re the one that caused him to run away!!!”

“Just shut up girls!” Baekhyun shouted at the noisy girls and that caused them to start quarreling among one another.

 

Taeyeon ran towards Jessica and Yuri after he shakes off the girls. “Hey.”

Both of them look at Taeyeon that is approaching them. “Where’s.. Tiffany?” Taeyeon looks at Jessica. “The beach”

“Thanks.” Taeyeon jogs his way to find the girl.

 

When Taeyeon arrives at the beach, he notices the sunset being so beautiful.

As beautiful as you.. – Taeyeon thought.

Then he looks around and saw Tiffany sitting on the beach, enjoying the sunset alone.

He slowly walks towards her and took a seat beside her. Tiffany was surprised when she feels someone beside her. She turns to look and that makes her speechless even more.

Why.. is he here? Oh my god.. – Tiffany thought.

 

Taeyeon shoves the plate full of food to Tiffany and flashes a smile.

“All for me?”

Taeyeon nod his head 3 times, like a kid.

“*giggle* are you feeding a pig?” Tiffany was surprised but touched by Taeyeon’s actions.

“That’s not what I mean..” Taeyeon finally spoke something personal. Well, Tiffany rarely hears his voice. Is either he is talking to Yuri, or teaching her how to solve math questions.

“Thank you.” Tiffany took a mushroom steak and bites it prettily.

Taeyeon was staring at the flawless face that is shone by the sun setting. But he immediately turned and looked in front as soon as Tiffany notices he is looking at her.

“Is there something on my face?” Tiffany tries to break the awkwardness between them.

Taeyeon, as usual just shakes his head instead of replying.

 

“Isn’t the sunset beautiful?” Tiffany switches her vision to the beautiful orangey sky in front of her.

“Umm..” Tiffany is almost dying of the awkwardness between them.

“Aren’t you eating?” Tiffany picks up a stick of chicken wing and shoves it to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon kindly receives it from her. However when he grabs the stick, Tiffany’s hand has not let go. They ended up touching each other’s hand. Taeyeon just stares at their hands with his mouth open, and Tiffany keeps blinking her eyes as she looks at the stick.

 

“A-Are you gonna give me?” Taeyeon breaks the silence and tries to stop the awkward position.

“S-Sorr..Sorry..” Tiffany quickly let go the stick and smile back at Taeyeon.

Is that electric I’m feeling? – Taeyeon thought.

Aigoo is that butterflies in my stomach??? – Tiffany thought.

 

The next few minutes of eating and staring at the sunset, Taeyeon and Tiffany didn’t speak a word to each other.

 

~~

 

“This is the first time I see Taeyeon going to a girl besides school work.” Yuri smile at the sight of his pal running to the beach.

Then silence came again between them. Yuri rests the plate on his lap as he stares at it. He doesn’t know what to say or what to do.

“Are you gonna give me that?” Jessica points at the food. She must be hungry.

Yuri looks up and they share eye contact for the first time after so long.

“Yea.” Yuri passes the plate to Jessica with his both hands. He is so happy that Jessica is not pushing him away. He smiles like an idiot as he sees Jessica eats.

“Don’t look at me. It will cause me indigestion.” Jessica didn’t turn to look at him when she said it.

“Sorry..” Yuri picks up a beef slice and eats with her.

 

 

-

“Umm.. Why not you tell me about yourself? We didn’t really get to know each other ever since I came into this school.” Tiffany breaks the silence after infinity.

Taeyeon looks at her and quickly turn back to the front.

“Like what?”

“Like.. ah..I don’t..know..” Tiffany feels stupid for asking and didn’t know how to reply his question.

Here we go.. no topics to talk about.. Should I just leave..? This silence is killing me!!!  – Tiffany thought

“Why not you tell me about yourself?”

Tiffany was shocked at Taeyeon finally starting the conversation. She flashes her eye smile and starts talking comfortably.

“Hmm well, I have two elder sister and brother. I also have a caring dad. Even though he pressures me to study abroad but.. here I am, back in Korea. I am thankful for his understanding.” Tiffany smiles to herself when she thinks of her lovely dad.

“I lost my mum when I was in high school.” Tiffany’s eyes starts to form tears.

“I didn’t get to see her for the last time.. I was in California..” Tiffany’s voice starts to fate.

Taeyeon looks at the breaking Tiffany. He wants to hug her and tell her it’s alright. But he doesn’t think it is good to have skinship right now.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon apologizes for his condolences.

“It’s okay.. I have accepted the fact of my mum leaving for the past few years..” She wipes her own tears.

Taeyeon quickly search for tissues in his pocket and give it to Tiffany.

“Thanks..”

Taeyeon smiles sadly as he realizes Tiffany is being strong even though this has happened. He admires her love and energy for living well.

She needs so much love.. I wish I could give her some.. – Taeyeon thought.

 

“What about your family?” Tiffany smiles at Taeyeon after finish crying.

“I have my parents, elder brother and a younger sister at home.”

“You have a perfect family..”

Taeyeon didn’t know how to comfort that breaking girl. They just remained silence for a while and decided to return to the pit to join the class.