Chapter 19

Melted Heart

 

Taeyeon woke up with his eyes swollen. Yuri greeted him morning and then noticed his red eyes.

“Erm..” Yuri points at Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Allergy.” Taeyeon simply answered as if no big deal.

“Right..”

 

-

The whole time in class, Taeyeon sleeps. Tiffany didn’t sleep well last night, unknowingly doze off in class too.

“MR KIM AND MS HWANG! OUT!” Ms Choi shouted and woke the sleepyheads up.

Tiffany looks behind and saw Taeyeon walking behind her.

It’s the first time I’m punished, and.. it’s with Taeyeon.. – Tiffany thought. She is really happy that Taeyeon is beside her but afraid that Ms Choi might tell her father about her punishment.

“Hey..” Tiffany starts the conversation with Taeyeon sitting beside her.

“Oh.. your eyes..?”

“Allergy..” Taeyeon replied softly.

“You’re allergy to?”

“Nuts.”

“Oh..”

It’s true that he is allergic to nuts. But it is definitely a lie that his eyes are swollen because of nuts.

“So.. how’s your wound?”

“Not painful.” Taeyeon smile gently to Tiffany.

She is so glad that Taeyeon didn’t treat her differently because of yesterday.

“Oh, you didn’t change the plaster?” Tiffany saw the pink plaster still on.

“I didn’t want to remove it. It’s too pretty.” Taeyeon smile at the plaster.

“Let me change it for you. It’s not good to have the same plaster for too long..” Tiffany digs her pocket and took out her wallet with the plaster inside.

“It’s still the same pink plaster. You can now remove this.” Tiffany went over and took out Taeyeon’s plaster and sticked the new one on it. She smiles at the pink plaster on Taeyeon arm and unknowingly grab his arm.

A group of boys walk pass and saw Tiffany grabbing Taeyeon’s arm.

“Wow Taeyeon, you’re getting punish stop all that hanky panky!” The boy joked as he walked pass.

The rest of his friends laugh at Taeyeon and Tiffany after the leader made that comment.

Tiffany look at Taeyeon and blushed. She quickly removes her hands from him. Taeyeon didn’t notice Tiffany is holding him the whole while. He got a shocked and was feeling awkward after she has let go.

Taeyeon realizes that Tiffany blushes easily whenever he is with him.

Don’t tell me she has really.. fallen in love with me..? – Taeyeon thought.

 

~~

“Wednesday will be the math test and today is our last time we can revise math together.”

Tiffany said sadly. Deep inside her heart, she is sad that it is the last time Taeyeon will be her official “tutor” because Ms Lee appointed it. She doesn’t know if she will have the chance to ask Taeyeon out for study session next time.

Taeyeon just smile back at Tiffany. He is also wondering when he will have the chance to come up to her dorm again.

“Let’s get started.”

~

Tiffany asked Taeyeon all the questions that she is not sure of and Taeyeon helped her. After 2 hours, they finished studying. Tiffany is still busy practicing by her own. While Taeyeon lies on the sofa and took a nap.

“AHH~” Tiffany stretches after she has finished the questions. She then turn her head and look at the sleeping form.

unconsciously comes to a smile just by looking at him. She places her head at the edge of the sofa as she continues to stare at Taeyeon.

Why do you make me feel different every time I’m with you? I’ve never met a guy that makes me feel this way in my life.. You’re so unique, Taeng.. – Tiffany thought.

“Should.. I?” Tiffany mumbles to herself as she thinks hard.

Taeyeon slightly lifted his arm and move his eyebrows. Tiffany realizes he has woken up, quickly turn back and pretend to do her work.

“Oh.. it’s late.”

“Mmm yeah..” Tiffany smile sadly.

“Dinner together?” Taeyeon smile at Tiffany.

Her face lit up at Taeyeon’s offer. “Okay!” Tiffany said excitedly.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but feels attracted by that cute smile.

She’s always so cheerful. – Taeyeon thought and smile as he look at her.

 

-

Taeyeon and Tiffany went to Laxna mall and ate at a Korean restaurant. After the nice meal together, Tiffany requests Taeyeon to follow her to the beach nearby. They walked barefooted at the stretch of beach.

“Hm.. Taeyeon?”

“Yes?”

“Can I.. ask you something?”

“What is it?” Taeyeon turn and looks at Tiffany who is being nervous in the dark.

“What.. What do you think about me?”

Taeyeon’s eyes wide open. He didn’t expect that question from her.

“Erm.. You’re kind, caring.. cheerful.. and.. beautiful.” Taeyeon blush at the last word he said.

Tiffany’s on cloud nine. Her body temperature rose at Taeyeon’s compliments.

“Do you like me?” Tiffany turns to look at Taeyeon.

“Huh?” Taeyeon jumped up and stepped back when he heard Tiffany’s question.

“W-W-What.. a-are.. you..” Taeyeon stutters even more.

“I’m asking if you like me, Taeyeon.” Tiffany’s eyes filled with determination and confidence when she asked Taeyeon once more.

“I-I.. like you as a friend..” Taeyeon answers Tiffany carefully and he breaks the eye contact with her.

“Do you like me more than a friend?” Tiffany grab Taeyeon’s arm and turns him around to look at her again.

“I-I..”

Tiffany patiently waited for Taeyeon to reply her. She got the confidence of questioning Taeyeon directly from how she feels, and how she thinks he feels about her.

Just then, Taeyeon’s phone rang.

“Ah.. Hold on..” Taeyeon sigh a relief from that tension and pick his phone up.

“Hey Yul..”

“Yah! Where are you?”

“Outside. With Tiffany.”

“Owwww~ Yoona got this seriously nice action movie that you will definitely love, come back soon and we will watch together yeah!”

“Oh.. really? Cool. Okay. See you.” Taeyeon hangs up and look back at Tiffany awkwardly.

“Erm.. Yu..Yuri wants me to go back now.. Shall we go?”

Tiffany anger rose. She knew Taeyeon is using this excuse to not answer her question.

Tiffany didn’t move after Taeyeon turns and leave. She stood there and stares at Taeyeon’s back angrily. Taeyeon then realizes Tiffany is not following him. He walks back and noticed Tiffany’s folding her arms, looking really furious.

“W-What.. What’s wrong?” Taeyeon is afraid when he asked the burning Tiffany.

“You’re not going to answer my question, right?” Tiffany said angrily with her tone a little louder this time.

“I-I..”

“JUST ANSWER ME, IF YOU LIKE ME MORE THAN A FRIEND, KIM TAEYEON. YES OR NO?!” Tiffany flare up at the dumb Taeyeon.

Taeyeon opens his mouth wide. He couldn’t stop blinking his eyes. He feels so nervous, scared and.. confused.

..

.

.

 

 

…..

…….

……….

…………..

 

“N-No.”

Tiffany’s heart scatters into pieces when she heard his answers. Tears start to form in her eyes. That beautiful eyes that Taeyeon adore most became sad in this short moment.

Taeyeon knew he broke her heart. This is the first time he sees her cry besides that time when she spoke about her mother. He told himself to not let these beautiful eyes shed a tear, ever. But what have he done? The eyes are now crying because of him.

Taeyeon’s hand tries to reach out for Tiffany’s face. But Tiffany whacked it away. She ran away from Taeyeon. She ran as fast as she could. Taeyeon wanted to chase, but he can’t.

She needs to give up on me.. I do not want to hurt her in future.. It’s better like this.. - Taeyeon thought. He fell down on his knees and started crying. He hit the sand hard, digs the sand on the beach and threw them around him. He is frustrated that he broke Tiffany’s innocent heart like this. He feels angry for being the reason why Tiffany cried. He felt useless for not being able to chase after the girl of his heart.

 

________________________________

 

 

OMG! Thank you subscribers! I have hit more than 100 subscribers for this story!  

Thank you soo soo much.

I really appreciate you guys for respecting my story!~

I know some of you might hate some scenes for the whole story. But I assure you guys, the couple you wanna see being together will be together by the end of the story! We need to have some anst plots to make it interesting right?? :D

Thanks guys! xoxo