Chapter 18

Melted Heart

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany didn’t talk after what happen. Taeyeon did not ask about the wallpaper of Tiffany’s phone. He feels that she has the rights to put whatever photo she wants. 

Maybe she just loves how natural she smiles? Maybe she thinks this photo is very nice? Maybe.. maybe.. – Taeyeon thought.

Tiffany peeps at Taeyeon.

Why didn’t he ask anything? Is he thinking that I’m a creep now because I’ve put the picture of us? Or does he think I’m a fan girl of him that is why I’m close to him? What is he thinking?! – Tiffany thought.

 

“Erm, I have to go.” Taeyeon suddenly stood up and packs his bag. That stuttled Tiffany. She was confused by his actions.

Is he angry? Is he uncomfortable with it? No way, Taeyeon don’t go! – Tiffany thought with anxiety.

“W-Why..?” Tiffany sadly asked.

“I’m meeting Yuri. Sorry. Bye .. Tiffany.” Taeyeon walks out of the library without waiting for Tiffany to reply. Tiffany’s heart broke into pieces. She is so confuse right now. She slams the book and cover her face.

~

 

“Oh? Taeng, you’re back so early?” Yuri took popcorn from the box of popcorns Yoona is holding and threw it into his mouth.

Taeyeon didn’t bother to reply Yuri. He went into his room immediately and slammed the door.

“Wow.. what’s with him?” Yuri asked Yoona as they continue to watch the movie.

 

-

“Omma..” Taeyeon stares at the photo of his mum.

“What if Tiffany likes me..?” Taeyeon ask his mum in the photo frame. He sighs and tears builds up.

“I can’t love her.. I can’t..” Taeyeon bitterly say to himself.

“I do not want to be like appa..”

 

Taeyeon has a perfect family if you look at it, but actually there is more than what it looks like..

 

FLASHBACK

“! LET GO!”

“PLEASE, KIM AH, DON’T LEAVE US! PLEASE!!!” Taeyeon’s mum begged Taeyeon’s father to stay as he grabs his luggage. A lady is standing outside the house waiting.

Taeyeon clenched his teeth in anger as he peeps through the room. His elder brother knew his father having an affair a year ago, but was bribed by his father to not tell his siblings. However, today Taeyeon saw everything. Taeyeon’s father has tolerated enough. He wants to leave this family, especially the woman he is married to, so he could enjoy his life with another woman out there. Taeyeon’s younger sister, Ha Yeon is sleeping soundly upstairs. Taeyeon had enough; he doesn’t want them to affect his precious sister that knew nothing about it.

“STOP! Don’t you call mum a !” Taeyeon dashes out of his room and ran in between his parents.

“Taeng go back to your room..” Taeyeon’s mum pleaded Taeyeon as she cries.

“Omma..” He cries with his mum.

 

Taeyeon’s father dotes Taeyeon the most. He even wants to bring him to stay in a new family.

“Taeyeon, leave with daddy..” Taeyeon’s father pulls Taeyeon’s arm gently.

“No! Appa, can I request you to stay?”

“No. I don’t love your mum anymore.”

“I .. I know.. but could you stay until HaYeon grows older..?”

“Taeyeon.. I-I..”

“Appa, I beg you.. Hayeon has always said she loves our family. She love appa and omma.. She really loves family outings and gathering.. Please..”

Taeyeon’s fathers hesitated but agree to Taeyeon’s request.

Taeyeon’s father continues to stay with them, but he is always out with the mistress. Sometimes he will not be back for two days because he stayed at the woman’s house. But Taeyeon’s mother has to lie to Hayeon that appa is working.

It has been 5 years now; Taeyeon’s parents are already immune with the lifestyle. They are still friends. Hayeon is already in high school now. But the family still keeps it from her. Taeyeon’s father has broken up with the mistress, because she has found a new lover. Even so, Taeyeon’s parents have not slept on the same bed. His father still can’t find back the love for his mother. Only the love for his children.

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

Taeyeon cries to sleep, while hugging the photo of he and his mum 10 years ago.

He has a phobia to relationship because of his father. He is afraid that one day, when he is attached, he might stop loving the girl like his father. He does not want to break anyone’s heart. Like how his father broke his mother's heart. He does not want to commit his father’s mistake. That is why he has never had a girlfriend. He is afraid.

-

Yuri heard sobs from Taeyeon’s room after Yoona left. But he didn’t disturb his best friend. He leaves him a note as he slides through under the door gap, written “Cheer up buddy! ” and went to sleep too.

 

~~

Tiffany on the other hand was thinking and thinking about Taeyeon. She will look at her phone and pray that Taeyeon will send a text to her like how they usually do.

“Why didn’t he text me..?” Tiffany hugs her pillow and stares at the phone beside her.

When Tiffany slowly close her eyes, her phone rang. She jumped up and excitedly grab her phone. But her happiness die down when she realized it is not Taeyeon.

“Hello..” Tiffany lifelessly said.

“Hey Tiff! Whaddup? You sound restless.. Are you sleepy?”

“No.. I just.. *sigh*”

“What’s wrong? Are you sick?”

“No Jessi.. I’m just confuse..”

“What happen?”

“Come over.”

“Roger.”

 

After a minute, Jessica arrives at Tiffany’s dorm.

“Here! I brought 2 frozen macaroni that I bought from the mall earlier! We could eat them for our dinner.” Jessica smile at her best friend as she shows her the food.

“Great.” Tiffany tries to sound happy but Jessica is not convince.

“I will microwave them first. You stay here.” Jessica took the initiative to get the food cooked while Tiffany sits on the sofa.

 

“Okay, so.. What happen between you and Taeyeon?”

“How did you know it’s about Taeyeon?” Tiffany shocked at Jessica’s words.

“Duh, who else?! You just came back studying with him, you know?”

“Well..” Tiffany tries to start talking about it. Jessica waited patiently for her to continue.

“Taeyeon.. saw my phone wallpaper. This.” Tiffany took her phone and shows it to Jessica.

Jessica’s eyes and mouth open wide as she look at the phone and back to Tiffany.

“No.. way..”

“*Sigh* Yes..” Tiffany looks down sadly.

“Then what did he say?”

“Nothing.”

“What???”

“Yes, nothing! That is why I’m so confused. I don’t know what he is thinking. He is always like this..”

Tiffany frowns again when she thinks about Taeyeon leaving her earlier.

“Then.. I think you should tell him..”

“What? That I like him?!”

“No. That you LOVE him.”

“Are you crazy?!”

“Tiffany, it’s your chance!”

“No Jessi ! I will not!”

“Then why did you tell me to do that?”

“Huh?”

“You told me to confess to Yuri too. Now you reject your own brilliant idea?”

“But that’s different!”

“It’s not!”

“ARGH!!!!” Tiffany messes her hair due to frustration.

 

Tiffany and Jessica ate their dinner as they watched movie at Tiffany’s dorm. They didn’t discuss further about their love lives. They agree to enjoy themselves tonight and think about it tomorrow.