Chapter 22

Melted Heart

 

Taeyeon grabs Tiffany’s hand as soon as the two left. He closes his eyes and brings the hand to his forehead.

“Tiffany.. I’m.. sorry..” He said softly. He gave a soft kiss on Tiffany’s hand, and then uses his thumb to rub at smooth silky skin of hers.

A minute later, Tiffany’s finger seems to move. Taeyeon face lit up immediately.

“T..Tae..yeon..?” Tiffany tries her best to speak.

“Yeah. How are you feeling?” Taeyeon slowly make her bed up.

“Better..” She said lifelessly. Taeyeon went up and feel her forehead with his outer palm. Tiffany close her eyes naturally when Taeyeon touch her.

“Hmm.. Still feverish.. Are you hungry? I bought fish porridge..”

“Okay..” Tiffany didn’t know how to face Taeyeon, after that night. She feels really embarrass with him here. However, she is really happy that he is the first person he sees when she woke up.

She smiles at the boy she love, pouring out the bowl of fish porridge in to a bowl the hospital provided. Tiffany takes the bowl from Taeyeon but soon got rejected, moving the bowl away from her. “No.” He said sternly. “I’ll feed you.”

Tiffany immediately blushes at his behavior.

He is snatching to feed me? – Tiffany thought happily.

But soon, she remembers that night when he admits that he don’t love her more than a friend. Her smile immediately disappears.

Taeyeon blow the spoon of porridge before moving it near to Tiffany’s mouth. Tiffany eats quietly like a child. Taeyeon was really happy that she did not reject his offer. In fact, he is melting every time he feeds her.

Taeyeon went over the table and take a tissue. He gentle wipe away the dirt at the corner of Tiffany’s mouth. Tiffany’s body temperature heat up more at the sudden touch. “Thanks.”

 

“Can I ask you something..?” Taeyeon asked carefully.

“What is it?”

“Did you.. try to kill yourself?”

“What?! No!” Tiffany chuckled at Taeyeon’s silly question.

“Then the broken glass..”

“I wanted to hold the table for support to get up but I accidentally hit the glass..”

“Ah.. thank god..” Taeyeon mumbled to himself.

You got me so worried,Fany ah.." Taeyeon told the girl which cause her to smile back at his concern. She was wondering if he really not feel anything for her, because she feels otherwise.

 

“Taeyeon?”

“Hmm?”

“Sorry..”

“For what?”

“For me being rude last night.. I shouldn’t ask.. well, I’m just like a fan girl of yours. So.. I hope you don’t mind about me.. l-liking you..”

Tiffany laughs awkwardly. Deep inside her mind is thinking the totally the opposite.

No, I don’t like you because I’m a fan, Taeyeon. I really like you.. – Tiffany thought.

 

“Yeah. I won’t mind. Thanks.. We are still good friends right?” Taeyeon was relieved that Tiffany just likes him like the other girls in school. But he still feels sad that she likes him only as a fan.

“Good friends? We are?” Tiffany flashed her eye smile at Taeyeon. She feels so happy that he promotes her as a good friend, rather than just a friend. However, she really wishes she could be more than that. No matter what, she doesn’t want to let Taeyeon knows how she feels. She didn’t want to lose him.

Taeyeon smile and nodded lightly several times.

 

He is happy to see her all cheerful again.

The Tiffany that he fell in love with. That Tiffany that melts his heart.

 

~~

“Where’s Jessi?” Tiffany finally asked about her best friend.

“She went back to sleep. Yuri was here too but he followed her back.”

“Oh..”

“Do you know there is someone that is there when I was in your room?”

“What?! You were in my room?!” Tiffany unknowingly shouted too loud. She panics at Taeyeon’s words.

He went to my room?! Oh my god. It will be embarrassing if there is any undergarments hanging around.. OMO. The flowers he gave!!! – Tiffany’s mind ran wild for a moment.

“Did you see anything? I mean in my room..?” Tiffany asked, trying not to be obvious as if her room has kept a hidden treasure.

“Yes. Glass scattered all over. I was so worried.” Taeyeon said.

“And.. I was busy waking you up, how could I have time to look at your room? Silly.” Taeyeon giggled.

Tiffany giggled with Taeyeon. It’s rare to see him behaving like this.

“I’m just afraid my room will be in a mess.” Tiffany laughs.

“I see..”

“Wait, how did you go in to my dorm?” Tiffany asked, finally realized.

“A senior helped me to get the desk counter lady to open your dorm and she is the one who advise me to bring you here.”

“Really? Who is she?”

“BoA”

“BoA?!”

“Yes.. why?” Taeyeon was shocked at Tiffany’s reaction.

“She is my idol!!! I always see her doing cheerleading around the school campus and at the girls’ dorm lobby. She’s so freaking pretty and awesome!!!”

“Wow, I didn’t know her though.”

“I saw her when your basketball team is having a match. She cheered for you guys!”

“Really?! I didn’t notice though.. haha” Taeyeon feels bad.

“I need to thank her.” Tiffany smile happily.

“Sure, I will get her here to visit you.”

“No! I can thank her when I recover. I don’t want to bother her..”

“As you wish then.” Taeyeon smile at the kind girl.

 

“!” Taeyeon suddenly shouts when he was looking through his phone.

“What’s wrong, Taeng?”

“Fany, I have to go for basketball practice!!!” Taeyeon carries his bag and got ready to leave.

“I will visit you soon. Rest well okay! Eat your medicine!” Taeyeon rushes out even before Tiffany got to say bye. Her mood sank immediately after being left alone. How much she wishes that Taeyeon will accompany her the whole day. Well, she can’t be selfish..