Chapter 4

Melted Heart

 

After the game, everyone leaves the hall. The crowd is too much that the American-born-Koreans have to wait for the crowd wave to go before they can leave.

 

“It’s all your fault. If we leave before the game ends.. we won’t be here waiting.. still.”

Jessica pouted at Tiffany beside her and lean again her palm. She then starts to yawn and close her eyes. Tiffany did not bother replying Jessica. She is busy finding someone.. Her eyes kept looking left and right, left, right. The one she is finding did not appear.

After 5minutes the crowd is mostly cleared. She gave up looking for the one, thinking that he might already left by the back door. Tiffany stood up and tries to wake the ice princess.

“SICA!” She taps Jessica’s shoulder, but she did not budge.

“Yah!” She slightly pushed her arm. Finally Jessica woke up and they slowly walk down the stairs.

 

Then there is a boy came running towards them. Tiffany eyes glowed when she heard footsteps running towards her. She thought that it is the one she has been looking for. Unfortunately, it is just a boy from SUJU University approaching them.

 

“Hi ladies.” The guy showed his charming killer smile to them. Jessica just turns away and continue yawning. Tiffany, too, ignored the guy with her disappointing face.

“Jessica Jung.” The guy ran infront of her. “How can you treat your lover like this?”

The boy smirked at Jessica and caress her face.

“ off, Donghae.” HellSica mode is on immediately. She whacks away that dirty hand and dust away the “dirt” from her face. Tiffany is shocked and did not know what to do. She tries to look out if there is anyone that could help them.

“Nono. This is not the way you treat your lover…” He leans in to her flawless face.

Just when their faces are inches away. A loud yell is heard. Shouting from another end of the hall.

 

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!” Yuri’s face literally turned red.

Yuri ran as fast as he could and roughly pushed Donghae away from his ice princess when he reached the scene.

Tiffany sigh a relief seeing Yuri’s appearance. Then she notice the one she is looking for is also here. She couldn’t help to feel nervous. Taeyeon walks towards Tiffany and coldly stands beside her. Tiffany feels a little uncomfortable at the boy ignoring her presence. Taeyeon just stood beside Tiffany and Jessica.

 

“Don’t. YOU. EVER. Disturb. HER. Anymore!” Yuri is fuming so badly. Even Jessica is shocked.

“Oh? Don’t you teach me what to do KWON YURI.” Donghae pushed Yuri’s chest roughly and this caused Yuri to be even angrier. Yuri kicked Donghae’s leg, causing him to kneel down and yelped in pain. Yuri is not satisfied enough, he continues to kick Donghae and gives him a few punches.

Taeyeon quickly stop his best friend. “Enough.” Taeyeon frown at Yuri as he elbows Yuri head.

“Leave.” Taeyeon points to the door. Donghae wipe off the blood at his lips roughly and stares at Yuri.

“Watch out, er.”  He then limped out of the hall as he holds his painful legs.

 

Jessica ignore the boys and left after Donghae leaves the hall. Tiffany just follows behind, didn’t know if she should thank Yuri on behalf of Jessica or not. But she still managed to bow slightly to Yuri as she leaves.

“Wait!” Yuri ran after Jessica. “Are you hurt? Did he do anything to you?” Yuri voice is full of sincerity. But Jessica ignores him and just continues to walk towards the gate. Yuri suddenly grabs Jessica’s arm, feeling sad at how his lover ignore him. He could not stand it anymore.

“Don’t be nosey Kwon Yuri. CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?!” Jessica shakes off Yuri’s arm and left him standing there, looking at her leaving.

Taeyeon and Tiffany are walking beside each other behind their respective best friends. The awkwardness is seriously killing the both of them. When they saw Jessica leave with Yuri still standing over there, they both turn and look at each other at the same time.

Tiffany took up the courage and raise her hand, waving to Taeyeon. Before Taeyeon raise his hand to wave back to her, she is already running towards Jessica.

 

At the Café

“Who.. is he?” Tiffany starts to break the silence between them.

“Another jerk like Kwon Yuri”

“Why are you always picking on Yuri? He saved you!” Tiffany raised her voice. She could not stand her best friend. Why can’t her best friend see the effort one puts in for her?

“Whatever.”

“*Sigh* So you dated him before?”

Jessica nodded in reply.

“But we broke up when I see him kissing 2 girls at a pub.”

Tiffany mouth open wide like an alligator unknowingly.

“Jerk.” Tiffany said and was really pissed.

“This is why you are avoiding Yuri?” Tiffany questioned her best friend.

“Afraid that he might be like that jerk?” She knew her too well.

Jessica didn’t reply her best friend. She just took her cup and drank her Americano.

 

THE NEXT DAY

In the class, Yuri is staring at the board blankly. Even when his favourite girl walks in, he didn’t bother. He didn’t greet his princess as usual. Taeyeon feels weird but he just ignore the fact because he is busy looking at the beautiful figure in front of him.

It is History lesson. Taeyeon hates it. History just bore him. He is preparing to sleep when he heard something drop on the floor. It is Tiffany. Her books dropped before they could reach safely on her table. “urgg” Tiffany groaned and slammed the rest of the books in her hand on the table before she reach for the ones on the floor.

 

Taeyeon quickly stood up and helped the annoyed girl. *BUMP*

“AH!” Tiffany accidentally used her loud voice.

“urg”

Taeyeon and Tiffany knocked their heads accidentally when they are picking up the books.

“S-Sorry.” Taeyeon said softly but Tiffany heard it.

“No, I’m sorry.” Tiffany stood up as Taeyeon pass her the books. “Thanks” She flash her eye smile at him. Taeyeon froze at his position, as if he saw Medusa’s eyes.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany could not return to her sit because Taeyeon is blocking her way by standing next to it.

“Hm..Tae..yeon?” She wave her hand in front of him and Taeyeon jumped up.

“Oh. Sorry.” Taeyeon quickly return to his seat and mentally slapped himself being a fool in front of Tiffany.

He is either spacing out or opening his mouth unknowingly. How cute. – Tiffany thought as she smiles to herself.

That smile.. so special. Why am I being like this?? – Taeyeon thought and he messes his hair out of frustration. “URG!!” He groan softly at his seat, but Tiffany heard it. She giggled to herself.

I want to know him more. Hmm.. – She thought.