Chapter 25

Melted Heart

If you love my story please help me promote this story everywhere and share the joy! Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook! 

Thank you so much !

 

“Okay, sleep tight.” Yuri covers Jessica with the comforter. Jessica just lies obediently on her bed, after Yuri carried her in. “I assume you need someone to fetch you to school tomorrow? So.. I will drop by at 11am okay? Good night princess.” Yuri smile at the girl.

Jessica blushes at the word ‘princess’. It has been long since he heard him call her this. She really misses that. Before Yuri leaves the room, Jessica called him and he turns back to look at her.

“Thank you, Yuri.” Jessica said and smile warmly at Yuri. Yuri’s heart flutters when he heard her. He hardly hears her speaking so gently. He was really happy. But he just smiles back at her. “Welcome.”

 

Taeyeon is waiting for Yuri outside Jessica’s dorm. He offers to stay outside while Yuri brought her in. Besides, he doesn’t want to disturb this couple. “Okay let’s go!” Yuri said after he came out of the dorm.

“Why are you with her? How did you know about her ankle?” Taeyeon starts questioning his buddy.

“Oh, she called me.. by accident actually. She was actually calling Tiffany.”

“Wow, How is alphabet 'Y' and 'T' near? Most probably you came to her mind straight away when she needs help”

“I think so too..” Yuri starts to daze and smile to himself.

“Have you forgotten you got a girlfriend, Yul?”

“!” Yuri suddenly stops his footsteps. Taeyeon stopped too and look at him with curiousity.

“I need to call Yoona. I haven’t called or text her ever since I left.” Yuri panics and starts dialing Yoona’s cell. “You’re so dead.”  Taeyeon shakes his head.

-

 

The Next Day - Wednesday

 

KNOCK KNOCK

“Coming!” Jessica uses her crutch to support herself. But stop in front of the full-length mirror to look at herself, making sure she is perfect before Yuri sees her.

, I must be crazy.. – Jessica thought

“Hi princess.” Yuri smile as soon as Jessica opens the door.

“Hi..”

“Let me help you carry these.” Yuri took the books and Jessica’s bag from her.

Yuri and Jessica went to class together. Many boys came up to Jessica when they saw her using the crutch, all of them want to take this chance to help that girl. Unfortunately, they are all shooed by Yuri as soon as they come near. Jessica felt glad to have Yuri beside her. He did all the rejecting for her. She need not need to speak a word at all.

When they are near their class, Jessica stopped her steps. Yuri noticed it and wanted to ask her why. But he followed her eyes to see Yoona standing in front of them.

“I’ll.. go in first.” Jessica went in to the class with her belongings still with Yuri.

 

“Hey.. Why didn’t you pick up your phone? I called you many times.. I was..”

“Can we talk after school, Yul?” Yoona said seriously. That caught Yuri really scared.

“Sure.. I will meet you here later.”

Yoona went into her class without replying him. She is acting so cold to him. Yuri was really afraid something bad might happen.

 

~

“Mr Kim, please come over.” Ms Choi called from her desk.

Taeyeon walks up to her cooly with his poker face. All the girls act fainted by that charm of his.

“Where have you been yesterday?” Ms Choi talked to Taeyeon softly instead of yelling at him in front of the class.

“I.. went to the toilet.”

“Is that true?” Ms Choi eyed Taeyeon suspiciously. But Taeyeon did not budge. He just nodded his head three times.

“Great. Then you will have your detention today and tomorrow.”

“I can’t tomorrow.. I have basketball practice.”

“Fine. Then I'll replace it on Friday. I will check on you, Kim.” Ms Choi allows him to go for his practice since Taeyeon did really well for the school team.

“Yes mam..”

 

~~

“Jessica, I need to meet Yoona.. I can’t fetch you back.” Yuri went to Jessica’s desk and apologized.

“It’s okay. I can cope.” Jessica smile at Yuri. “Go ahead.” She smiled again. Yuri was really happy with the smiles she has been giving him lately. “I’ll come by later.” Yuri said before he left.

 

Taeyeon went to detention class alone. “ to be here.” He talks to himself and slowly doze off to sleep.

 

Tiffany on the other hand was wondering why Taeyeon did not visit him. She has been waiting ever since she woke up. However, someone visit her after lesson instead.

It’s Hoya, again. She is happy to have a companion but also sad that the person is not the one she hoped. Hoya talked and joked with Tiffany. 

“When can you come back to school?” Hoya casually asked.

“Tomorrow? Probably. I’ve already asked the nurse. They will check if I’m able to leave by tonight.”

“Really?! Great! I really miss you in class.” Hoya said. Not hiding his feelings for her.

Tiffany knew Hoya likes her, even without him telling her. Well, like Jessica said. Women are good at feeling these kind of things.

 

~~

“Pizza? Pasta? Or Korean food?” Yuri said as he grabs Yoona’s waist.

“Fast food.” Yoona said coldly to Yuri as she walked to the direction of MacDonald’s’.

 

After Yuri bought food for the both of them, they started eating in silence. Yuri wants to break the silence but was stopped by Yoona.

“Do you know what you are doing?” Yoona said sternly at Yuri. But he was bewildered by the question.

“What do you mean?”

“I saw everything. You, carrying Jessica on your back. You, laughing and teasing her. You, helping her to carry her stuffs. AND YOU, fetch her to school.” Yoona spammed her words at Yuri.

He did not know what to say.

“I.. I..’m just trying to help.. her best friend is in the hospital..” Yuri said guilty.

“Oh really? You ruin our date by leaving after she called.”

Yuri remained silent and didn't dare to look into Yoona's eyes.

“What am I to you, Yul?” Yoona’s eyes start to tear.

Yuri’s hand made its way to her face but was pushed away as soon as he touches her face.

“Do you even love me, Yuri?” Yoona said within sobs.

“I..I.. I like you, Yoona..”

“I said, do you LOVE me.” Yoona raised her voice at Yuri.

“Forget it. We’re over.” Yoona took her bag and left. Yuri was stunned. He didn’t know what to do or react.

Do I love her? – Yuri thought. But Jessica’s images kept appearing in his head.

He mess his hair and groan loudly in front of his food.

-

 

Thursday

 

Hoya went to fetch Tiffany before lesson starts. He accompanied her from hospital to back her dorm. Tiffany grabs her books and told Hoya to wait for a while, as she went to Jessica’s dorm to take a look.

“Tiff! You didn’t inform me you are out from hospital!” Jessica glares at her best friend angrily.

“I came to say hi as soon as I came back okay. How’s your.. Oh? You went to the doctor’s?” Tiffany is surprised when she saw Jessica’s ankle nicely casted. She knew Jessica will never visit the doctor alone.

“Yuri brought me there by force..” Jessica said softly. Tiffany notices her tone. Jessica became shy immediately after talking about him.

“Oh my.. you need to tell me the details later. Let’s go to class now. Hoya is waiting.”

“WAIT!” Jessica yelled at Tiffany and she turned back to look at her.

“I’m.. waiting for Yuri..”

“What?!” Tiffany is literally shocked. Not because Yuri is coming to fetch her. She can’t adjust to the fact that Jessica is actually willing to accept Yuri’s help.

“Okay. I will go to class with Hoya first.”

“Tiffany what’s up with you and Hoya?” Jessica grabs Tiffany’s arm before she leave.

“He’s nice.. Talk later okay. See ya.”