Chapter 17

Melted Heart

 

“WHAT?!” Taeyeon almost went mad when Yuri came back and told him that Yoona and him are officially together.

“Hush dude, what’s the big problem man?!”

“Huge problem, Yul.” Taeyeon sigh as he shakes his head.

“Don’t be a jerk Taeng! You should congratulate your friend.”

“Do you know what you are doing?!”

“Taeng, STOP! You’re so whiny like a girl. Please stop, dude. So not cool. I’m going to bed and call my baby GURL~ “ Yuri purposely slang his accent to pissed Taeyeon off even more and slam his room door shut, before Taeyeon continues to nag at him.

The whole night, Yuri and Yoona have been talking on the phone. They chatted for about 3 hours before they bear to hang up. Taeyeon on the other side, he might be shock at Yuri’s decision, but he is envious of his best friend having a girlfriend. Unlike him.

 

-

It’s a Sunday.

Usually, Taeyeon and Yuri will go for gym session together. But this time, Yoona joined them. Taeyeon and Yoona didn’t talk before so they do not really know each other. However, Taeyeon finds Yoona really friendly and they have no more awkwardness between them.

Tiffany is heading to the Bristo Café just outside the school compound. Taeyeon was on the treadmill when he saw through the transparent glass of Tiffany walking pass. He lost his speed and stability. Taeyeon fall down and got drag by the treadmill. Then thump! He fell on his .

“Ow..” He softly groaned.

Yuri laughed at his best friend. He has never seen one fall from the treadmill before in real life. Yoona smack Yuri to get him to stop laughing at his poor friend.

“Taeyeon oppa, are you alright?” Yoona went over and lend a hand.

“Hehe.. yeah. Er, I’ll be right back.” Taeyeon ran out of the gym and Yuri saw him chasing the girl not far away.

“No wonder he fell..” Yuri smirks at Taeyeon.

~

 

“Ti.. FANY!” He hesitated on what to call her.

“Oh? Taeng! What are you doing here?” Tiffany turns back when she heard the voice that she has always missed. She is trying so hard not to look too excited or happy that Taeyeon took the initiative to come to her.

“I was in the gym with Yuri and.. Yoona.” Taeyeon lifts his arm and point at the direction where his friends were.

“OH MO. Taeng you’re hurt!” Tiffany grabs the hand that Taeyeon is pointing and gently turn it over. Taeyeon’s elbow got an abrasion, and it is bleeding profusely.

“Oh my god..” Tiffany panics at the injured Taeyeon. Taeyeon himself is also shocked at the abrasion. He didn’t know he hurt his elbow when he fell.

“It’s nothing.” Taeyeon feels embarrassed in front of the girl. It will be a joke if people were to hear him say he wants to protect this girl with his heart but he himself got hurt just by using the treadmill.

“No!” Tiffany angrily shouted at Taeyeon. He was taken aback by the fierce Tiffany.

Tiffany did not let go of Taeyeon’s hand and pull him out of the school compound. Tiffany brought Taeyeon to a rock and got him to sit on it. He listens to Tiffany obediently and did not move an inch.

Tiffany came out from the mini mart after a minute with a bag. Firstly, she took out the plain water and pulls Taeyeon’s arm gently. “We need to wash the wound first.”

She pours the water at the abrasion which got Taeyeon flinched a bit because of the sudden touch at the wounded area. Taeyeon didn’t let out a sound as he bears the pain.

Tiffany smiles as she didn’t hear Taeyeon make a sound. “You can scream if you want.” Tiffany teases him.

“Nah, it’s not.. AH.. oww..” Taeyeon ended up loses his face in front of Tiffany. He feels like killing himself for shouting.

Aigo he hurt himself, but he kept pulling a tough front. He is so adorable. Hehe – Tiffany thought.

After cleaning up the wound and applying some lotion. Tiffany digs the plastic bag for the last thing she bought.

“Ta-da!” She smiles sweetly at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile back widely at the happy girl.

“Pink..?”

“Hehe.. sorry .. but since they have pink ones so I bought them.” Tiffany shyly admits and remove the plaster wrappers and gently put it on Taeyeon’s wound.

“Aigoo!!! So pretty.” Tiffany stares at the plaster that is on Taeyeon’s arm.

Taeyeon didn’t reject the pink plaster Tiffany bought. In fact he feels really happy whenever he sees that smile. “You know.. whenever I’m small, my unni will give me everything that is pink. So pink is all mine! That’s why I can’t let these plasters be in the shelf.

“You bought all?!” Taeyeon was shocked when he peeped at the bag with at least 6 packets of plasters.

“Kehehe, might use it in future though.” Tiffany scratches her head shyly.

“Hmm.. does that mean I’m yours now?” Taeyeon looked into Tiffany as he said those words.

Tiffany stunned at his words. Her heart is beating so fast. He hands start to get nervous. Her face starts to feel warm.

“I.. I..”

Taeyeon realizes what he has said. He mentally face palmed himself.

“I’m just joking..” He gave an awkward smile to her. “Thank you anyway.”

“Ah.. it’s nothing..” Tiffany feels sad that Taeyeon ends that precious moment like this.

“Where are you heading to?” Taeyeon ask Tiffany.

“Erm, the library.  I want to find some notes on geometry.”

“Why didn’t you ask me to help?”

“I-I.. don’t want to bother you..” Tiffany looks down.

“No! I-I mean. I’m fine! I will go back to take my stuffs and join you okay?” Taeyeon didn’t want to miss this chance to be alone with Tiffany the whole day.

“Oh.. okay” Tiffany looks up and smile brightly when she heard Taeyeon’s offer.

 

-

Jessica just woke up from her nap. She feels so bored at the dorm alone. She browses her phone messages and saw Tiffany’s. “She is going to study again? Such a boring girl..”

Then she scrolled down and saw an anonymous person’s message.

“Who the hell is this?” She opens the folders with 3 images that is send to her.

The image is Yoona and Yuri kissing, holding hands and hugging. Jessica became so angry that she threw her phone far away on the bed. “SCREW YOU!” She cursed the anonymous person who sent it.

 

After she washes up, she took her phone again and dial Tiffany’s number.

~

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany is discussing about geometry in the library. They sat next to each other, with Taeyeon’s head leaning near her shoulders when he is trying to draw an example for her on her textbook.

Suddenly the vibration of Tiffany’s phone that is on the table shocked the both of them.

They blushed when they realize they almost kiss when they look at each other.

“Hey Sica.”

“Hey.. are you done studying?”

“I’m studying with Taeyeon right now.”

“REALLY?! I shall not disturb you then. I shall join Hara and Gyuri to the mall since they have asked me earlier on.”

“Great then! Go ahead. Have fun.”

“You too! Remember to seize the opportunity, Californian gurl~” Jessica teases her friend before she hang up.

Tiffany smiles at Taeyeon when she hanged up and place the phone back on the table.

Taeyeon saw Tiffany’s screen unintentionally. His mouth opened wide. Tiffany realizes Taeyeon spacing out again. She follows his eyes direction.

That’s when she saw Taeyeon staring at her phone screen. Wallpaper. Both of them. Of that time during the night walk. The one Yuri teases they look great together.

. – Tiffany thought. This time really got so serious..