Chapter 8

Melted Heart

 

Before lessons start at noon, Tiffany saw Taeyeon sitting with Yuri at the canteen and went over to the table with her plate of western food.

“Hi Taeyeon.”

She flashes her beautiful eye smile at the handsome boy. Taeyeon smile at Tiffany appearance.

“Can I sit here?”

“Sure.” Taeyeon stands up and lift the seat for Tiffany.

Wow.. he is a gentleman. Hehe – Tiffany thought.

“I’m not sitting here.” Jessica walks away. The eating Yuri looks up at the figure walking further away.

Tiffany was shocked at Jessica sudden attitude.

“Sorry Taeyeon.. Bye Yuri.” Tiffany chased her best friend and they sit at a table 10metres away.

 

“What are you doing, Sica?!” Tiffany softly scolded her best friend. In case Taeyeon hears her.

“I don’t want to sit there.”

“Because of Yuri right? Oh dam Sica! You just ruin my chance okay?!” Tiffany quickly covers when she noticed what she had said.

“Sorry.” Jessica knows Tiffany wants to sit with Taeyeon but she just can’t sit with Yuri there.

“I.. I.. mean.. I thought Yuri has no interest in you anymore? You don’t have to avoid him already..”

“Just eat, Tiff.”

 

Taeyeon is equally sad that Tiffany has left because of Jessica. He sighed softly.

“Oppa! This is for you.” A girl came running to Taeyeon and gives him a book.

“Thanks.” He kindly accepts the offer and went back to his seat as he is still at the position, lifting the seat for Tiffany.

He looks at the book closely. “Wow.. Success of basketball players.. awesome book.” He said to himself but Yuri heard him.

“Why didn’t you offer something to the girl who gave you this?”

“Like what?”

“At least a meal?”

“Nah..” Taeyeon shows no interest at girls ever since he starts schooling, but girls in school just couldn't resist his charm.

“Well, I did though.” Yuri said proudly. Taeyeon raised his eyebrows and stare at Yuri’s eyes.

“Tell me.”

Yuri starts to share his story on how he gets to know about Yoona, and how comfortable he feels when he is with her.

“I knew it. Jessica is just your infatuation.”

Yuri was shocked at Taeyeon mentioning her name and spits out his drink that he consumes after he spoke.

“Don’t talk about her.” Yuri became serious.

“Why? Just because she scolded you being nosey?!”

“You don’t know how I feel, Taeng.”

Yuri sighs and he feels that his heart is breaking apart when he thinks of Jessica again.

 

~~

Taeyeon feels vibration in his pocket when he is on the way to class. He wonders who is it when he sees an unknown number appearing on his screen.

From xxx:

Sorry about earlier on.. Jessi had PMS. :/ >>

He smiled when he knows it is Tiffany. He quickly send back a reply, then quickly saved her number

< To Tiffany:

It’s okay. We can eat together some other time. (: >>

Tiffany smiled at his reply and brings her phone close to her chest.

 

“Taeyeon?” Jessica closes her eyes and leans on her table after she notices Tiffany smiling to her phone. “Mm..” Tiffany admitted.

Just then, Taeyeon and Yuri walk in the class. Tiffany smile at Taeyeon as soon as she saw him. Taeyeon returns the smile. Yuri secretly glances at sleeping Jessica on his way to his desk.

 

 

-

Tiffany and Jessica went out of school again. They decided to grab some Frappes and cakes from Starbucks at Laxna Mall.

“Hi, you must be Tiffany? I’m Siwon from SUJU University.” A guy probably about 1.8metres tall approaches the two ladies.

“Do I know you?”

“No you don’t. But I do. I noticed you at the match last week at your school.” He shows his charming smile. “Hi Jessica. Long time no see.”

Tiffany was shocked that he knew Jessica too. Jessica feels annoyed at his presence. Tiffany sensed it and tries to shake him off.

“I’m sorry but could you please give us some private space. Thanks”

“Sure, beautiful lady. Bye Sica! I will see you soon, Tiffany.” He winked at Tiffany before he makes his leave.

 

“You know him?” Tiffany questions her best friend as soon as he leaves.

“That jerk’s best friend. We used to go out together as a group.”

Tiffany mouths a ‘oh’ as she takes a bite of the cake.

 

Just as they are chatting and enjoying their food, Tiffany’s phone that is on the table vibrates with the phone lights up with Taeyeon’s name appearing on the screen. Tiffany quickly picks up and views the message.

< From Taeyeon:

Hi Tiffany. Yuri has planned a BBQ session this Saturday at Croxford Park upon the class requests. He wants me to ask if you are able to come.. and Jessica too. (: >>

“Oh? A BBQ? COOL!!!” Tiffany yelled loudly, caused Jessica to jump from her seat.

“What BBQ?”

Tiffany shows Jessica the text from Taeyeon.

“Oh.. wow I didn’t know Taeyeon will type in a smiley face from his character.”

“Hehe yea, I was shocked too when I receive texts from him.”

“I’m not going.”

“What?! Jessi, it is the first time in Korea I am invited to a gathering like this!”

“You can go without me.”

“Why? Jessi please! It will be boring without you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..”

“Ugh Fine.” Jessica shakes off Tiffany’s hand that is grabbing her arm tightly.

“YAY!!!” Tiffany quickly sends back to Taeyeon, telling him that she and Jessica will come for sure.

 

-

Back at the boys’ dorm, Taeyeon and Yuri is busy writing plans for the upcoming BBQ as well as watching their favourite movies.

Taeyeon who is sitting on the sofa at his dorm, impatiently waited for Tiffany’s reply. He keeps knocking his phone on his lap. Yuri notices that and teases him.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure Tiffany will come.” He smirks and throws a snack at him. “But I doubt Sica will..” Yuri’s expression changed immediately when he thinks about Jessica.

Then Taeyeon received a BEEP from his phone. He quickly opens the message.

“YES! Tiffany will be coming!!! YAHOO!!!!~” Taeyeon jumps on the sofa to celebrate.

“What about Sica?!” Yuri stands up and grab on Taeyeon’s shoulders, asking nervously.

“She will be coming too!” Taeyeon stops jumping and open a packet of potato chips, consuming it happily like a kid.

She will be coming..? *Gulp* - Yuri thought. He doesn’t know if he should feel nervous or happy about it.