Chapter 42

Melted Heart

 

 

The exam started soon after Ms Lee walks in. Everyone started stressing up while doing their paper.

Ms Lee invigilates by walking around the class. She can’t help but smile when she saw Taeyeon doing her paper well. This kid never let her down. She feels like going to the washroom after walking around for more than 30 minutes. Fortunately, Mr Kwon was walking by the class, so Ms Lee called him to help invigilate the class for a while.

Mr Kwon is the discipline master of the school. He is always very strict at everything. No chances are given to anyone if you did something wrong in front of him.

The disicipline master walks around the class, examining every single student. However when he reach Tiffany’s table, he stood there for very long. Tiffany was nervous as she sense the discipline master staring at her, she flustered and kept erase her answers.

Mr Kwon saw Ms Lee walking in, he signal the female teacher to come over beside Tiffany’s desk. Mr Kwon furiously pointed at Tiffany’s table. Ms Lee was literally shocked at what she see.

Mr Kwon tap Tiffany’s table as soft as possible. He took Tiffany’s paper away, leaving Tiffany bewildered by the actions. Tiffany whispered to Ms Lee and asked why but the lady just shakes her head in disappointed before returning to her table.

 

5 minutes later, Ms Lee collected everyone’s paper. Tiffany is still staring blankly at her lap.

Why did Mr Kwon take my paper? I have not done finished! What does Ms Lee means when she shakes her head? Did I really do so badly?! – Tiffany thought.

 

Taeyeon noticed Tiffany did not have any paper with her when the teacher is collecting. Taeyeon called Tiffany softly but the girl did not hear him.

“Tiffany Hwang. Please bring your desk and come to my office.” Mr Kwon said and leaves the room holding Tiffany’s paper.

Tiffany was shocked. “Desk?!”

Ms Lee just nodded sadly at the poor girl. She could not do anything to defend her.

Tiffany looks back at Taeyeon with a frown. Taeyeon looked back at her worriedly. “Do you want me to help you?”

“No it’s okay..” Tiffany smile sadly as she started carrying her desk away.

-

 

KNOCK KNOCK

“Mr Kwon I’m here.” Tiffany pants softly as she put down her desk inside the office.

“Tiffany Hwang Mi Young, Year 1. New students transferred from Los Angeles. No bad records so far.” Mr Kwon walked around Tiffany as he read the student record from the file.

“May I know what have I done, sir?”

“Look at your desk.”

Tiffany looks at her desk briefly. “Anything wrong?”

“Feign ignorance? Very good. Detention now. Go.”

“What?! Sir I don’t get…” Tiffany tried her best not to raise her voice.

“Go!” Mr Kwon yelled with anger as he points to the door.

Tiffany slam the door after she stomped out the office. Taeyeon saw her girlfriend coming out from the office, quickly ran to her and gave her a hug. “Fany, what happen?”

“I don’t know Taeng..” Tiffany started tearing. She felt lost and did not know what to do.

“I need to go to the detention room.” Tiffany sobbed softly.

Taeyeon used his thumb to wipe his beloved’s tears. “Don’t cry.. I promise I’ll ask Ms Lee about it. Don’t worry okay? I will find you later.” Taeyeon slightly squeeze Tiffany to make her feel better since they are not allowed kissing in school.

Tiffany gave Taeyeon one last hug before she head to the detention room.

-

 

“Ms Lee! Wait!” Taeyeon finally found Ms Lee after running around the school to find the teacher.

“Can I help you, Taeyeon?”

“Er.. Ms Lee.. Can I ask what happen to Tiffany? Why did Mr Kwon..”

“She is cheating during the exam. Taeyeon, this is a main paper for students to qualify for Year 2. She cheated in this major exam, consequences are really bad.”

“No! Tiffany won’t cheat!” Taeyeon was shocked to hear what Ms Lee just told him.

“I don’t believe to.. but since Mr Kwon saw it, I can’t do anything. He will be the one making decision not me. I have to go, Taeyeon. See you” Ms Lee patted Taeyeon and sigh as she leave.

 

“Desk? Cheat?” Taeyeon went back to Mr Kwon’s office, hoping to see if Tiffany’s desk is still in there.

“Taeyeon, so how?!” Jessica came running with Yuri behind.

Taeyeon told his friends about everything. Jessica almost fainted because she knew this is really going to be bad for Tiffany.

“Mr Hwang!” Jessica ran to a milky skin tall man who is walking towards Mr Kwon’s office.

“Jessica! It has been long. Tiffany should have brought you back when she visited. Ah, I have to go, talk to you later.” The guy knocked Mr Kwon’s door, leaving Jessica confused outside.

“OH NO!” Jessica yelled with her usual high pitch.

“What?!” Yuri panic with Jessica.

“That’s Tiffany’s father!!! Mr Kwon must have called him here! Tiffany is in deep trouble this time..”

 

“You guys wait here. Try to hear their conversation. I will have to tell Tiffany about all these.” Taeyeon ran his way to the detention room.

 

Tiffany’s face lit up when she saw Taeyeon outside waving at her. She asked permission to go to the toilet before running into Taeyeon’s arms.

“Tiffany..” Taeyeon breaks the hug and stare intensely at his beloved pretty eyes.

“Ms Lee said.. you were cheating.”

“What?! How come?! I did not do anything, Tae!” Tiffany got agitated for being accused.

“I know I know! I believe you, fany.. But..”

“But what?”

“Your father is here..”

Tiffany eyes suddenly became petrified when Taeyeon told her about her dad.

‘Tiffany Hwang please come to my office right now. I repeat, Tiffany Hwang please come to my office immediately’

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other with shocked when they heard the announcement.

 

The announcement echoed the whole school. Students around kept staring at the poor American after the announcement.

“What happen?”

“I bet nothing good is going to happen”

“It’s Mr Kwon voice in the announcement! She will be so dead.”

“Kim Taeyeon sure has a GOOD taste. HAHAH”

“I thought she is an angel?”

Whispers could be heard when Taeyeon and Tiffany walked down the hallway. Taeyeon clenched his fist when he heard many gossips about his girlfriend. “Taeng..” Tiffany lightly squeezed Taeyeon’s hand to calm him down. Taeyeon just nodded when he knew his girlfriend did not want him to get angry over the stupid people.