Chapter 40

Melted Heart

 

“I’m afraid not only is your ankle affected.” The doctor said seriously to Taeyeon lying on the bed, while Tiffany holding his hand tightly. “Your foot is going to need a few stitches.”

“What?! Why?!” Tiffany shouted at the doctor unexpectedly.

“There are few deep cuts on the top surface of the foot. Shall we go and have it treated now, Mr Kim?”

“Ah..yes.” Taeyeon struggled to stand but was helped by Tiffany and the nurse to get him on the wheelchair.

Tiffany stood up and followed but Taeyeon pause for a moment. “No, Fany. Stay here. I’ll be out after a while okay?” Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s cheek and took her hands away from him to not let her follow.

 

~

“Where is he?!” A middle aged woman dashed in Taeyeon’s ward but to see the bed empty. Another male came in and checked the toilet inside the ward.

Tiffany was shocked at the sudden commotion when she was packing Taeyeon’s stuffs.

“Oh.. sorry, are you guys looking for Taeyeon?”

“Yes, where is he?” A tall guy with very beautiful eyes looked at her.

Tiffany was shocked to see the man looked really like Taeyeon. “May I know who are you?” The middle aged woman then asked Tiffany who was standing still, holding Taeyeon’s things in her hands. “Ah, Taeyeon is having his stitches done. I’m Tiffany. Nice to meet you. ” Tiffany bows with 90degrees at them.

Taeyeon came in later with the nurse pushing him behind. “Appa? Omma?”

“Taeng ah! What happen?!”

“Oh my god! My poor boy! Look at your foot!!!” Taeyeon’s mother cried and kneeled in front of Taeyeon’s wheelchair as she touches the wrapped foot.

“Appa Omma, I’m fine!” Taeyeon thanked the nurse after the nurse helped him on bed.

 

Tiffany felt awkward with Taeyeon talking to his parents. She just stood at one side playing with her fingers. Taeyeon saw Tiffany at the corner, reaches out his hand to her. Tiffany walked towards Taeyeon as soon as she knew Taeyeon wants her to come over.

“Appa, Omma, This is Tiffany Hwang.. my girlfriend.” Taeyeon said as he intertwined their fingers. Tiffany blushes at the action but Tiffany quickly bows to Taeyeon’s parents once again. "Hi Mr and Mrs Kim."

“So she is the one?” Taeyeon’s father looks at Tiffany once again. Tiffany slightly gave a smile even though she felt really warm at this situation. “My baby boy has a girlfriend?” Taeyeon’s mother was shocked at the news. She walked to Tiffany and smile sweetly at Tiffany who is still shy.

“You sound a little foreign, Tiffany ssi.” Taeyeon’s mother held Tiffany’s hand and gave her a pat.

Tiffany felt so warmth in the moment. It has been so long since someone has given her a motherly feeling. She looks at Taeyeon’s mother and felt that they’ve shared a strong relationship in the past.

“Ah, I am born in California.”

“You’re really beautiful. My son sure has a good taste.” Taeyeon’s father grinned happily at Tiffany. The girl couldn’t help but feel bashful at the compliment.

“She is perfect.” Taeyeon suddenly talked and smile proudly at his girlfriend.

Tiffany blushes even more at Taeyeon’s sweetness. She lightly hit his hand playfully.

 

“I wanted to introduce her next week to you guys when I bring her home. But well.. hah, I guess it’s all done here.”

“No son. We will still want her to join us next week. A family dinner together. What do you say, Tiffany?” Taeyeon’s mother smile as she grab hold of Tiffany’s hand again. Tiffany melted at the warmth Taeyeon’s mother is giving her. It has been long since she had a family dinner. She wanted to cry, but of course not now.

“Okay. We will come next week.” Tiffany flashes her beautiful eyesmile at Taeyeon’s parents.

 

Even though today is a bad day, meeting Taeyeon’s parents really made Tiffany feels so good. She misses her family all of the sudden.

~~

 

After Taeyeon’s parents left, Yuri and Jessica came to visit him.

“Hey buddy.”

“Yul! Hows the compet.. What happen to you?!” Taeyeon was literally shocked when he saw Yuri’s arm wrapped up, with attachment to his neck.

“Hais.” Yuri just sighed as a reply.

“Hi Taeyeon. How’s you foot?” Jessica asked Taeyeon with concern as she took a sit at the edge of the bed.

“I’m alright. Guys, what happen?!”

 

“I’m suspecting Siwon and Donghae.” Yuri said with anger filled his eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“My elbow dislocated after I hit Donghae’s body. It’s definitely something hard. It can’t be he is Ironman, right? And look at your foot. If Siwon accidentally stepped you, will it lead to blood?! You’re wearing shoes! How powerful can it be?! Even your shoe had holes now. What else do you think caused it?!”

“JERK!” Tiffany stood up and slammed a book on Taeyeon’s bed angrily.

“Chill Tiffany. We need to think what to do now.” Jessica hushed her best friend.

 

“Let’s tell coach.” Yuri said feeling irritated by SUJUs behaviour.

“No use. Before the game, everyone is checked to make sure they brought nothing to the court.”

Taeyeon said sternly as he continues to think back.

“Then how did they have them?!” Tiffany got so frustrated.

“They must have got helped.” Jessica said.

-

 

“Cheers!” The group of allies cling their wine cup to celebrate.

“After the two idiots left, we won the stupid school.” Donghae smirked in arrogance, proud with their victory.

“W-Will.. will we get caught? I’m afraid that.. we..”

“Please, Hoya! Shut up. If you kept worrying about this, you will get found out sooner or later.”

“Relax, Hoya. Don’t think about it anymore. It’s over!” Siwon put his arms around Hoya and drank his shots.

“Hey guys!”

“Hey beautiful.” Siwon made his hands to Krystal’s waist as soon as she stood beside him. Krystal smile back but managed to get rid of the hand. “Any news about them?”

“News spread in school that Taeyeon got stitches. Looks serious.” Hoya said and laughed at the thought of Taeyeon’s injury.

“What?!” Krystal exclaimed at the news. “Look guys I got to go.” Krystal left as soon as she arrived.

“Hey. Where are you going?” Siwon grabbed her hand, causing pain to the girl.

“Let go! I have to go somewhere okay?!” Krystal tried her best to pull off

“Look! I’m not letting you go and visit that bastard. WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER.”

“I need to make sure he is alright! Now LET GO!”

………..

………

…….

…..

.

..

….

……

……..

 

*SLAP*

“Look, . We are in this together. You will have to listen to whatever I told you to. Get it?” Siwon walked off, leaving a hurt Krystal. Never did she expect someone she trusted slapped her right on her face so hard in public. Krystal cried and ran off.

Hoya and Donghae was surprised by what just happened but they went after Siwon after paying for the drinks.