Chapter 39

Melted Heart

 

Next Tuesday

The school conducts a mini match with SUJU high. Not a big tournament, just a game between these two schools. Coach has always loved to hold a match with SUJU high because he thinks that they are a good practice opponent.

“Promise me that you’ll be there and see how I thrash Donghae.” Yuri said to his beloved.

“Okay~ I’ll be there. See you later” Jessica plant a kiss on Yuri’s lips before they went separate ways.

 

“Fany..” Taeyeon stopped walking and grab his girl’s hand.

“I want to bring you home next week.. to.. meet my parents.” Taeyeon said shyly as he scratches his head.

“Really?! Okay! I love it!” Tiffany tiptoe and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Someone is impatient to meet my family huh?” Taeyeon smirks at the overreacting girl.

Tiffany blushes and hit his chest playfully.

“Okay, I’ve to go. Remember to sit at the first row okay? I want to have a good view of you when I am playing.” Taeyeon said as he brushes Tiffany’s hair passionately.

“Yes sir.” Tiffany salutes and flashes her priceless eye smile at her boyfriend.

Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s forehead before they bid farewell.

 

~~

“Krys? Why are you here?” Jessica was shocked when she saw Krystal sitting with Hoya, holding popcorn. They were sitting at the corner of 2nd row.

Tiffany kept eyeing on Hoya who is acting busy, ignoring the two Americans presence.

“Why can’t I?” Krystal rolled her eyes at the sight of her sister and her rival.

“Krystal, look I am sorry..”  Jessica went nearer to her sister and said softly.

“Hush! I don’t want to hear any of this mushy things from you right now okay?” Krystal raised her palm angrily and threw popcorn in her own mouth after she finished her sentence.

 

Jessica let out a big sigh and pulled Tiffany to the center of first row. She knew her sister has a stubborn attitude like her. So, she gave up.

 

“Tiffany and Jessica.” A girl in green cheerleading uniform called the two who is finding a seat.

“BoA unni!” Tiffany called her idol as soon as she saw who is calling her. Jessica smile and bow a little at the big sister.

“Nice to see you here. Hardly get to meet you nowadays.” Jessica said politely to BoA.

“Yeah, some projects have to be done.. Oh well, you guys will face the stress soon! Haha! Got to go and get ready! Bye!” BoA waved to the two juniors and left with smiles on their faces.

 

Tiffany then suddenly think back and asked her friend,

“Sica, something is wrong. How did Krystal knows Hoya?”

“Hoya?” Jessica was shocked to hear his name. She looks back at her sister’s direction to see the two happily chatting away. She did not realize Hoya is sitting beside Krystal when she was talking to her sister earlier on.

“I didn’t know they knew each other.” Jessica is equally confused with Tiffany but they ignore it after they see the players running into the court, waving to the spectators.

Tiffany and Jessica waved to Taeyeon and Yuri respectively. Tiffany even sends little hearts to her beloved, while Jessica blew flying kisses to Yuri.

 

-

 

First half of the game started well. SOSHI high is leading with 16 – 9. Whenever Yuri scored Jessica will stand up and clap for her boyfriend. However, the spectators behind will always shoo Jessica to sit down because she is blocking their view. As expected, the ice princess just rolled her eyes at them and continues to smile at her tanned boyfriend at the court.

For Tiffany, whenever Taeyeon scores, she will just flash her beautiful eye smile and put two thumbs up for her lover. She is shy to do big actions like Jessica.

 

After first half of the match, Siwon stared at Taeyeon and Yuri as he walked to the stand, holding onto his towel around his neck. Donghae on the other hand drank his water with anger as he clenched his fist because Yuri’s arrogance when SOSHI high won the first half pissed him so much.

Siwon nudged Donghae and used eye contact to call Krystal and Hoya over. They went to the stairs for a meeting.

“Did you bring it?”

Hoya nodded and took out a plate of spikes. Donghae took the plate of armor, material is the same as bricks and tied it around his waist. Krystal swallowed her saliva at the thought of pain.

“Is.. is this right to ..”

“Shut up Krystal. There is no time to think about this.” Donghae yelled at Krystal. Krystal rolled her eyes at the jerk. Even though she knew he was the one who played with her sister, she tried her best to blend in the clique since Siwon is the leader anyway.


“Shoe.”

Hoya quickly took the shoe bag and pass to Siwon.

 

“Okay, go back and watch a good show.” Siwon smirked and patted Hoya’s shoulder after he changed to the new shoes. He kicked his foot to the air with arrogance, leaving a very high pitch shriek sound because of the spikes of his shoe.

 

-

Donghae and Siwon went back to the match, secretly grinned at Krystal and Hoya who is at the spectators stand. Then they turned and stare at the two foes in front of them.

When the whistle blows, Siwon and Donghae start their plan. Siwon knocked his way through the players and stood in front of Taeyeon, blocking his chance to snatch the ball. Taeyeon tried his best to dodge left and right but Siwon just kept following him.

Donghae on the other hand went next to Yuri, trying his best to stop Yuri from getting the ball.

 

SOSHI high continued to score several times despite Donghae and Siwon consistent blocking at the main players. Siwon raged as he saw Yuri and Taeyeon sharing victory smiles. He started to attack Taeyeon. The ball was passed to Taeyeon, but Siwon ran beside Taeyeon and stepped his feet with the shoes containing spikes. Taeyeon felt the pain and let loose of the ball. Siwon got the ball and slightly pushed Taeyeon with his body, causing Taeyeon to sprain his ankle.

“AHHH” Taeyeon grabbed his foot and cried in pain. Tiffany saw him on the ground, ran to the court immediately in the middle of the game. The referee then noticed Taeyeon is hurt, quickly blew the whistle for a 5 minutes break.

Taeyeon’s shoe let out blood. His shoe had several small holes because of Siwon’s spikes. It pierced through his shoe, causing his toes to bleed. “Arghh!”

“Buddy! Oh my god!” Yuri ran over and was shocked that Taeyeon is bleeding.

“Taeng! Taeng are you alright?! Oh my god, blood! ” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s shoulders and cried. Her heart breaks seeing her lover like this.

“Fany.. hey, don’t cry.. I’m alright.” Taeyeon smile back to his girlfriend as he held in the pain.

“You have to stop the blood!” BoA brought a towel and wrap around Taeyeon’s foot after she took out his shoe.

 

“WHERE ARE THE PARAMEDICS?! CAN’T YOU SEE HE IS BLEEDING?!” Tiffany shouted with her loud voice, causing the whole court to echo back. The paramedics then quickly carry Taeyeon and brought him out. “I want to be with him. You stay here, Jess.”

“Thanks BoA unni” Tiffany hugged BoA before she ran and followed Taeyeon to the hospital, leaving Jessica alone.

~~

 

The match continues after Taeyeon was out of the game. Donghae was shocked when he saw Taeyeon is bleeding. He didn’t know the spikes are so powerful. Siwon looked at Donghae furiously, because Donghae had not done his part. Donghae stare at Yuri worried. “Do it.” Siwon mouthed to Donghae and pushed him to Yuri.

Donghae ran to Yuri and provoke him by keep pushing him away. Yuri raged at Donghae’s actions and body slammed Donghae. Never did he knew that Donghae has a shield in him. Yuri’s arm hurts so badly after that. Yuri noticed Donghae is wearing something hard inside him. He then realized Taeyeon’s foot must be some foul they brought in the game.

Donghae noticed he had successfully caused harm to Yuri, he ran to Yuri again and pushed Yuri with his body that contained the shield. This time, it hit Yuri’s elbow. Yuri fell down and yelled in pain.

“YUL !” This time is Jessica’s turn to panic. She ran to the court in the middle of the game, just like Tiffany. The referee sigh as he saw someone interrupting the match. He quickly blow the whistle again in annoyance.

“He’s injured!” Jessica yelled at the referee.

“Don’t touch his arm!” BoA pulled Jessica’s hand that is almost touching Yuri’s arm. Jessica stopped when she was told because BoA knew more medical knowledge than her.

“WHAT KIND OF REFEREE ARE YOU?! CAN’T YOU SEE HE IS LYING ON THE GROUND IN PAIN AND YOU DID NOT STOP THE GAME?!” Hellsica mode . The referee just looks at Jessica blankly after getting scolded.

Jessica lifted Yuri and supported him out of the court. Medics ran to Yuri and check on his arm.

“Your elbow is dislocated. Don’t touch it. We will bring you to the hospital immediately.”

The medics put on two plastics on Yuri’s elbow to temporary support it. Yuri is still dying in pain.

“See you BoA unni!” Jessica turned back and shouted to BoA who is far away. But BoA still gave her a thumbs up despite the hectic situation.

“Sica!! It hurts it really hurts!!!” Yuri started to whine to his girlfriend like a baby and started groanning in pain within his sobs. Jessica hugged Yuri tightly and cry with him.

“Don’t worry, we are reaching the hospital! Hold on!”