Chapter 28

Melted Heart

 

“Let’s have lunch together!” Yuri suggests at the two girls sitting in front after class.

“Okay!” Jessica smile sweetly at her boyfriend.

“I don’t want to disturb you two..” Tiffany said.

“Nah, it’s alright Tiffany. What more, Taeyeon is joining too. Right bud?” Yuri turns his attention at his best friend.

Taeyeon look at Yuri then turn to Tiffany. “Y-Yeah..”

Tiffany smile at Taeyeon when he answered. Taeyeon smile back at the girl. He really miss her looking at him with her beautiful smile.

 

During lunchtime, the 4 of them chatted like really close friends. They spend the day well happily.

“Erm, I would like to have some alone time with Jessica for dinner if you guys don’t mind.” Yuri smirks as he wants to give these two a chance being together too. Jessica knew Yuri’s intention and tried to pull them together.

“Hmm, Taeyeon, why don’t you bring Tiffany to dinner since I’ve to be with this guy.” She smile at Taeyeon and then grinned at Yuri.

“Er.. Okay..” Taeyeon smile at Tiffany who is looking at him.

“But I will be late.. I have to go to..” Taeyeon was cut of by excited Yuri.

“Oh yeah, forgot about your detention. Ms Choi is really mean to give you two days. You just disappear for what? 1 hour? Luckily she still allows you to go for basketball practice or Coach will be another one hunting you down.”

“Detention?” Tiffany look at Taeyeon. She didn’t know anything about Taeyeon having detention.

“Yeah.. because he ran to find you when he is serving his punishment.” Jessica said coldly to Tiffany.

Taeyeon was shocked by Yulsic couple for talking too much.

 

“You got detention because of me..?”

“It’s nothing. Besides I sleep during detention class.” Taeyeon chuckled awkwardly at Tiffany.

“Is that why you didn’t come visit me the day before I got out of the hospital?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon again.

Taeyeon nodded his head 3 times as an answer.

Tiffany felt guilty for misunderstanding Taeyeon.

He didn’t come because of me. Not because of anything else. Why didn’t I ask him in the first place? – Tiffany thought

 

~~

They went back to their respective dorms first before they meet for dinner.

Yuri told Taeyeon that he didn’t love Yoona. He just likes her as a friend. He knew he could never forget Jessica.

“You will know who you really love as time pass. Don’t be afraid to love.” Yuri said to Taeyeon. Taeyeon knew Yuri is trying to tell him not to let Tiffany go. But he just doesn’t know what he should do.

 

-

Taeyeon brought Tiffany out to the city since it’s Friday.

“Wow! Lotte Department Store!!!!” Tiffany’s eyes glow when Taeyeon make a turn into the mall’s carpark. He smile at the girl getting all excited beside him.

“This western dishes are awesome.” Taeyeon brought Tiffany to a famous English restaurant in the mall.

“Wow.”  Tiffany glows at the interior design of the restaurant.

“Since you have been overseas these few years, you must be curious about Korea now. Why not I bring you to Lotte World tomorrow?” Taeyeon suggests.

“Lotte World?! I’ve always wanted to go in there!!!!” Tiffany exclaimed when Taeyeon mentioned about the theme park.

“Okay, then it’s settled then.” Taeyeon smile at the girl who is flashing her eye smile.

 

Tiffany’s eyes couldn’t leave every single shop, therefore they have been shopping for 2 hours after dinner. “Ah! Finally.” Taeyeon said at his driver’s seat after putting all the bags at the back.

Tiffany giggled at the worn out Taeyeon.

“Sorry for forcing you to accompany to shop, Taeng.”

“Nah.. it’s okay. I like shopping too.” He smile at the cheerful girl.

As long as with you..  I love everything – Taeyeon thought and secretly smile to himself.

 

~~

 

The next day, Taeyeon and Tiffany went to Lotte world to play. Tiffany went to Jessica’s dorm to tell her all about it before Taeyeon came to fetch her.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU ASK US TO JOIN?!” Jessica said, referring to Yuri and herself.

“With this leg?” Tiffany laughed at Jessica’s foot.

“Oh.. Now I know why..”

“Huh? What?” Tiffany didn’t know what Jessica meant.

“Taeyeon chose this timing to bring you to the theme park because I can’t go. Therefore you guys won’t have any gooseberries!!!”

“Nonsense..” Tiffany rolled her eyes at her friend.

“Then why did he suggest out of nowhere?! I swear he likes you.”

“Yeah, not more than a friend.”

“Why not I ask Yuri about him?”

“What for? It will only break me more if I know the truth. Forget it, Jess..”

Just then Tiffany’s phone rang and she saw Taeyeon’s name appearing.

“Got to go, bye Jess.”

“Kiss him if you can!” Jessica teases her best friend.

Tiffany ran out of the dorm without replying to her silly friend.

-

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany went to Lotte World like couples usually do. They bought matching mickey and Minnie ear bands and wore it throughout. They even took many silly photos together.

 Taeyeon bought candy floss and share it with Tiffany by feeding her some. They hook arms naturally the whole time they were shopping for cute stuffs but none of them realize it. Tiffany even took samples and naturally feed Taeyeon. Taeyeon facial expression when Tiffany feeds him something sour or salty always made her laugh. She thinks that he is really adorable with that dork face.

They play rides, thrilling rides. Taeyeon loves rollercoaster so much that he drags Tiffany to join him. Taeyeon offers his hand to Tiffany who is afraid. She gladly accepted his hand and didn’t let go for the whole ride. They ended up playing all the thrilling rides for so many times. Every time holding onto each other hand.

They went to the kiddy rides after they got tired. Spamming silly photos in the Merry-Go-Round and Ferris wheel. Tiffany’s laughter was heard everywhere they go.

~~

 

“It’s really fun today, Taeyeon.” Tiffany said as they got back to the car.

“Thank you for bringing me here. I’m so gonna miss this place.” Tiffany looks out of the window.

“We will come back soon I promise.” Taeyeon smile at the girl as he started driving.

 

They bid farewell when Taeyeon drop Tiffany off at the girls’ dorm. He then drove his car to the boys’ dorm after that.

~~

Tiffany browses through all the pictures they took together. Smiling at every single one she sees.

I’ve really fallen in love with you, Taeyeon.. – Tiffany thought.

 

Taeyeon send a text to Tiffany and told her to rest well. Tiffany is really happy to receive that message and reply the text immediately.

That night, the both of them slept with smiles on their faces. Neither did they know that they are in love with each other.

 

-

 

“Hey!” Jessica went over to Tiffany’s dorm in the afternoon.

“Whats up Jess.” Tiffany said emotionlessly.

“Why are you so restless?”

“Because I’m tired.. duh. I realize you changed a lot Jess. You don’t get tired nowadays.. *yawns*”

“Hmm.. really? Because I am looking forward to every single day. Kekeke.” Jessica giggled when she thought of her kkab Yul.

“Yuri treating you well?” Tiffany casually ask her bestfriend as she gets a cup of chocolate for her friend.

“Of course. He wouldn’t dare not to!” Jessica chuckled at whipped Yuri every time she threatens him.

“I envy you so much..” Tiffany sigh softly.

 

“Oh I came to tell you good news!!!!” Jessica jumped on the sofa as she pull her best friend’s arm.

“What?”

“Yuri said Taeyeon really loves you.”

“What?!” Tiffany was shocked at the news.

“I’m not supposed to say. But what matters most now is YOU.” Jessica said firmly to her friend.

“Then why did he deny it?” Tiffany is still surprised at the news.

“I don’t know.. Yuri wouldn’t say..”

“Then how he told you that Taeyeon loves me?”

“Because.. I tricked him. Keke” Jessica giggled.

“I said I saw Taeyeon with BoA. I told him I swear Taeyeon seems to fall in love with her. Then Yuri got so agitated and he accidentally blurted out that Taeyeon only love you!!! That silly boy.. can’t keep secrets.” Jessica smile again when she thought of Yuri.


“Oh and look at this! Middle school year book.” Jessica flipped to the page where popular students are being interviewed.

“Look at this question: Where will you bring the one you love for a date?” Jessica said as she points with her fingers following every single word she read.

“Theme park.” Jessica smile as she point at Taeyeon’s answer for Tiffany.

“How can this be?!” Tiffany still doesn’t believe her best friend’s good news. Tiffany snatched the book from Jessica and look closely.

It’s really Taeyeon. Does that mean he really..  – Tiffany thought.

“Does he mean what he says years back?” Tiffany couldn’t believe at all, even after so many “evidence”.

“Let’s test him then.”