Chapter 16

Melted Heart

 

Saturday

“Hi Yuri!” Tiffany was on her way to the school library to borrow a geography book for revision and Yuri happen to dress all nicely, heading towards the girl’s dorm.

“Hi Tiffany! Where are you going?”

“Library. You’re going out? You look handsome in your dressing.” Tiffany flashes a sincere eye-smile.

“Haha, I’m going for a date. Thanks! Don’t fall in love with me though!” Yuri winks at Tiffany playfully.

“Bye!” Yuri ran to a different direction happily.

 

“Good evening, my date.” Yuri bow gentlemanly when he saw Yoona waiting at the girls’ dorm gate with her pretty yellow dress and a brown leather bag slinging at her left shoulder. “This is for you.” Yuri gives Yoona a bouquet of flowers. “Let’s go, shall we?” Yuri gently grabs Yoona’s hand. Yoona just follows Yuri blindly out of school, because she is getting mentally dizzy because of Yuri’s charm.

~

 

“SICA!!!!” Tiffany violently bangs Jessica’s door to wake the lazy princess in the dorm.

“WHAT?!” Jessica opens the door a few minutes after the knocking.

Tiffany pushes Jessica back in and close the door behind her.

“Yuri is going for a date tonight!!!”

“So?” Jessica rolls her eyes and plop herself on the sofa.

“I guess you should really tell her how you feel before it’s too late.”

“What are you talking about?” Jessica feels uneasy. She took the remote and keeps changing the channels. Her heart is not even thinking which channel is nice to watch.

“Sica!” Tiffany slaps Jessica’s lap.

“Tiffany stop! Don’t ask me to do all these nonsensical things!”

“But it is so obvious that you like him!”

“So what?!” Jessica realizes what she has just blurted out of anger and rolled her eyes again.

“SEE! TELL HIM, SICA! You don’t want to lose someone you love right?”

“NO! I don’t like or even LOVE him, Tiffany. Stop it! I don’t want to argue with you about this.”

“Fine.” Tiffany stops to reframe them from quarreling. HellSica is already activated; she should stop before it can get any worse.

 

~

Tiffany ends up going back to her dorm to read up the book she borrowed from the library.

“So.. tropical rainforest looks like this .. and monsoon.. is.. this.. hmm..”

She is studying hard when a knock can be heard from the door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

“Oh? I thought Sica’s sleeping..” Tiffany made her way to the door.

“WAIT! Could be Taeyeon? Oh my god!” She ran back to her room to put on her pants. Yes, she is in her undergarment and a tank top again. She feels comfortable that way.

She uses one eye to look through the peep hole and saw a tall handsome guy standing outside.

She pouts. Not Taeyeon.

Tiffany slowly opens the door, exposing only her head.

“Hi Tiffany!” The guy enthusiastic said and put up one hand to greet Tiffany.

“Hey Hoya. Sorry, I don’t think it is convenient for a male to visit a females’ dorm at night.” Tiffany is about to slam the door but the guy put up one hand to stop it.

“I’m the one who gave you the.. flowers.”

“Oh, it’s you. Thank you, it’s beautiful.”

“Welcome. Erm.. Are you free on Monday after school?”

“Er.. no, Taeyeon will be guiding me in Math..” Tiffany opens the door wider. Now he could see her whole figure.

So beautiful.. – Hoya thought.

“Erm, I’m busy right now.” Tiffany wants to end this abrupt meeting with Hoya, so she gives an excuse.

“Oh. Sorry.. I’ll take my leave..” He shyly walks away but turn back at Tiffany again.

“See you tomorrow!” He blushes and slight wave back to Tiffany before he disappear along the corridor. “Okay.. he’s weird..” Tiffany gets back to her study table and grabs her phone.

She stares at her wallpaper and smile at the charming man with a cute dimple at the side of his chin.

“I miss you.. Taeng.” Tiffany mumbled to herself.

 

Neither did Tiffany and Taeyeon know that they are doing the same actions at the same time.

Do we call it telepathy between them or just coincidence?

Taeyeon is also staring at his new wallpaper on his phone as he leans at the side of the bed. He caresses Tiffany’s face as if she is real.

“Miss... you” He whispers to the beautiful girl on his phone.

 

-

After the date,

“Yoona!” Yuri called her before she walks back in the gate.

“Yes, oppa?”

“I-I.. er..”

Yoona smiles at the stuttering Yuri. She loves it when he looks at lost sometimes.

“What is it oppa?” Yoona softly ask Yuri again, this time she grabs his hand to encourage him.

Yuri smiled at the gesture. Yoona is always so caring, gentle and understanding to him. He really likes her.

Yuri stares into Yoona’s eyes and slowly leans in. Yoona is nervous that what she is expecting is coming, she hurriedly closes her eyes tightly and clench her other hand that is not holding onto Yuri.

Both their lips touched. Yoona feels electric running through her whole body. For once, she thought she is in heaven.

But for another girl, at about 200m away was looking down from her room window, feels she’s in hell. She holds her tears and she violently swiped all her books on the table to the floor.

“Will you be my girlfriend, Yoona ah.” Yuri sincerely said softly to Yoona, his eyes never leaving them.

“I-I..” Yoona’s eyes filled with tears of joy.

“YES OPPA YES!!!” She hopped and grabs Yuri’s neck, hugging him tightly.

“Saranghaeyo oppa.” Yoona let those tears fall.

The ice princess slams the window after watching everything from the top.

“It’s too late..” She blamed herself and started crying. She hides herself under her blanket the whole night, crying to sleep.