Chapter 11

Melted Heart

 

Yuri and Jessica didn’t speak to each other. They were busy eating the whole time. Somehow, the both of them enjoy the company of each other, but they didn’t know what they are thinking in their hearts.

“Yuri Oppa?”

Yuri turn towards the voice of the owner. “Oh? Yoona?” He saw Yoona standing behind the bench few metres away.

“Oh.. Oppa having BBQ session?” Yoona look towards the BBQ pit and back to Yuri.

“Hehe.. Yea. Class barbeque..” Yuri smile at the girl, unnoticed another girl being jealous.

“I thought oppa didn’t want to invite me. Haha~”

“Who says?! I will if it isn’t a class barbeque.” Yuri smile with his teeth widely.

“Okay, I will go back to my dorm now, oppa. Have fun!”

“I will text you!” Yuri waves to the girl walking back to the building.

When Yuri turns his head, he notices Jessica leaving the seat. He is a little hurt that she left without telling him. Nevertheless, he follows her behind.

 

-

 

“Oppa! Where did you go!!!” Hara pulls Taeyeon’s arm as soon as he arrived at the barbeque area. Girls start to swarm around Taeyeon and Tiffany is naturally pushed away from him.

Tiffany frowns at the girls going around Taeyeon, causing her pushed aside. But as she saw Jessica coming back, she smile at her best friend and went over to give her a hug.

Taeyeon notices Tiffany being pushed away far away. He feels sorry but when he is about to find her, he saw Jessica and Yuri coming back too.

“Let’s play something!” Ji Eun suggests.

“Wait! Let’s make a campfire! Woo!!!” Kris shouted and punches the air excitedly.

“Alright! Let’s grab some woods!” Yuri agrees Kris’ suggestion and ran to find some twigs with the boys.

After gathering the twigs and trying to set up the fire, everyone sits around in a circle. The small class of 30 students sits harmoniously and starts singing campfire songs and cheers.

Tiffany and Taeyeon didn’t get to sit next to each other thanks to the fangirls snatching to sit beside him. Same for Yuri. Nevertheless, it doesn’t stop Taeyeon for looking at Tiffany through the flame in the center.

Such a cheerful girl even though she faces so much of hardships. – Taeyeon thought as he stares at the angelic face having fun cheering and singing.

 

-

 

“LET’S PLAY TRUTH OR DARE!” Nicole yelled across the whole campfire.

Cheers among the students. Gyuri went to take a big 2litres bottle and start spinning it.

“NOO!!!” Hoya fake a cry when the bottle points at his direction.

“TRUTH OR DARE?” Nicole asks.

“Arggh… Truth then.” Hoya scratches his head in frustration. He is so dead if they ask a sensitive question.

“HAHAHAHA~” Nicole gave an evil laughter and starts to discuss with some of the girls sitting around here.

“Okay! Are you interested in any girls in this class?”

– Hoya thought.

But luckily, the rule of the truth game is only allowed to ask questions of answers YES/NO.

“Yes.” He answered honestly.

Everyone in the class starts to “OOO~!!!” and “OHHH~”.

“I know who!!!” L teases his friend.

“HEY! You can’t break the rule! !” Hoya throws a twig at L’s direction.

 

“Okay guys! Let’s not make fun of someone being courageous yeah?” Yuri speaks out for Hoya.

“Go spin the bottle.” Yuri signal Hoya to continue the game.

 

Hoya spins the bottle and everyone was like avoiding getting pointed, moving their upper body left and right side. Then it stops right at Yuri.

“. I shouldn’t have talked..” Yuri hit his forehead with his palm.

“YAY YURI OPPA!!!”

“WOO!!”

“OPPA CHOOSE DARE!!!”

“NONO!! TRUTH!!”

Yuri got overwhelmed response from the girls and went to stand beside the campfire.

“Okay cool down peepo~ Hmm.. I will choose.. dare”

“Hoya, you are to give Yuri oppa a dare act!” Luna shouted from opposite.

“Hmm..” Hoya rubs his chin as if he is in deep thought, and starts discussing seriously with some class mates sitting near him.

 

“Choose a girl and give a peck on the hand.”

“WHAT?!” Yuri yelled in shocked. He couldn’t believe that he really has to do something like this.. Oh so personal.

“Choose me!!!”

“OPPA!! HERE!!!”

“NOO OPPA ME ME!!!”

Girls shouting and cheering to get Yuri to choose them.

 

Actually in Yuri’s mind, he has already chosen the girl. Even before the game starts, he has been thinking if there is anything intimating he needs to do with a girl, It is none other than Jessica Jung. The only girl that motivates him goes to school every day.

But he acts as if he is thinking hard. He secretly glances at Jessica and saw her poking the ground with her head resting on her other palm.

Should I choose her? What if.. she doesn’t want? What if she leaves after being picked by me? It will be embarrassing though.. – Yuri thinks again, he do not know if it is the right choice to choose Jessica..

Yuri’s mind is in a mess. He does not know what to do. He looks at Taeyeon and hope his best friend will help. Yuri then saw Taeyeon mouthed “go for it!” and tilt his head towards Jessica’s direction.

“Okay..” Yuri raises his arms to hush the girls.

“I’ll pick.. Jessica.” He points at the girl that he admires.

Jessica was shocked. Or rather afraid.

Why did he pick me oh my god – Jessica thought, full of worry.

“Why her!!!” Victoria rages.

“I thought you are not interested in her anymore!” Jiyoung pouts.

“Oppa!”

“Noo!!!”

“Guys. Respect his decision okay?” Taeyeon sudden stood up for his friend.

The class is literally shocked. Tiffany smiles at the different Taeyeon she sees.

So manly.. keke – Tiffany thought

 

“Jessica.. are you willing..?” Yuri squats in front of Jessica, offering his hand.

Jessica is thinking deeply. Yes? No? Yes? NO? NO? YES? – Jessica thought.

Tiffany uses her shoulder and whispers Jessica to accept it.

 

Yuri is so afraid the moment he offers his hand. He looks at Jessica being lost and thinking so hard.

I might have a chance? – Yuri thought because Jessica didn’t reject straight as expected from her character.

After it seems infinity..

Jessica slowly..

 

 

 

.

..

.

.

..

 

reaches out her hand.

 

 

Yuri smiled and opened his eyes, looking at the girl accepting him.

Nothing can express how happy is he.

This is the first time she accepts something from him to do something intimate.

 

Yuri gentle rubs Jessica’s hand with his thumb..

Staring into her eyes..

Giving her the most gentle kiss he has ever given to a girl..

Their eyes have never left each other..