Chapter 33

Melted Heart

 

 “Hey. Where is she?” Yuri tapped Tiffany’s chair and worried about his girlfriend.

“She needs some time alone, Yul.”

Yuri just nodded sadly.

 

After class, Yuri asked Tiffany if she could help him with Jessica but Tiffany refused.

“It’s a misunderstanding! Even you don’t believe me?” Yuri felt sad that Tiffany is angry with him too.

“It doesn’t matter if I do or not. The one matter most is Jessica. But I think you should just leave her alone for the time being until I tell you that she is emotionally stable, okay?”

Tiffany walked away from the disappointed Yuri.

 

Taeyeon chased the girl. “Fany!” He grabbed her hand, causing her to hold her steps.

“I-I.. I am sorry about last night.. I shouldn’t have shouted at you.. I-I..”

“It’s okay Taeng.”Tiffany smile at the apologetic boy. She wanted to hug him so much because of his cute pouting face but she just can’t.

“Erm..are you free..” Taeyeon did not complete his sentence but was cut off by Hoya.

 

“Tiffany!” Hoya came running to Tiffany.

Annoying –Taeyeon thought. His face immediately turned disgusted by the presence of the rival.

“I’ve bought 2 tickets to a musical tonight, I was wondering if..”

“She is not free!” Taeyeon stand in between them and stare at Hoya.

Tiffany giggled silently as she melted at how charming Taeyeon is whenever he fights for her. But she just needs this guy realize how important to not let others snatch her away if he cares.

“What musical, Hoya?” Tiffany pushes Taeyeon away and took the ticket from Hoya’s hand.

“It’s the musical of Fame.”  Hoya smile and then stare at Taeyeon proudly.

 

“Wow! I love the musical!!!”

“I knew you would. Let’s go together tonight.”

“Tiff..” Taeyeon tried to stop Tiffany but..

“Alright!” Tiffany agrees and shows Hoya her eye smile.

Taeyeon’s mouth open in disbelieve when he heard her accepting his date.

 

Hoya went off later after Tiffany accepted him. Tiffany then turned back her attention to the poor Kim Taeyeon.

“What were you saying before Hoya came?” Tiffany look at Taeyeon and smile at the boy, knowing that Taeyeon starts to get jealous really thrills her.

“Nothing.. I was thinking of bringing you to my house for a visit..”

“What?!” Tiffany was shocked by Taeyeon’s offer.

We are meeting his parents already?! Oh my god what does this means?! –Tiffany thought.

 

“Well.. I didn’t want to go back alone.. Yuri and Jessica is not in good mood so I thought I could bring you along but.. well.. it’s okay..” Taeyeon sigh after his long explanation.

“I.. I am sorry Taeng. But I really hope to accompany you in future.”

“Okay, you promise.” Taeyeon became dorky again and show Tiffany his pinky.

Ahh.. why is he always so adorable despite that cool character of his. – Tiffany thought

“Yes, promise.” Tiffany chuckled at Taeyeon’s rare cuteness and hooks her pinky with his.

I miss this good chance to see your family.. but I hope I could really visit soon.. with a different status probably? Sorry, Taeng. I would love to follow you but I can’t reject Hoya’s offer since I accepted it. Besides.. It’s part of the plan I guess? – Tiffany thought.

 

-

 

Taeyeon went back home and saw Hayeon at the garden with his mother.

“Omma! Hayeon ah!” Taeyeon ran to them.

The two ran towards Taeyeon as soon as they saw him. These 3 shared a group hug after so long.

“Oppa I miss you so much!” Hayeon said as she continue to snuggle on his brother’s chest.

“Oppa miss you too, Hayeon ah~”

“Taengo ah, we have waited for you so long.” Taeyeon’s mother was about to cry but Taeyeon caress his mother cheek lovingly. “I miss you too omma. I am sorry I didn’t visit.”

“It’s alright. Come, omma cooked your favourite.”

They made their way to the kitchen, leaving Hayeon at the garden continue watering the plants.

 

“Taeng ah.” Taeyeon heard a voice from afar when he was chatting with his mother.

“Oh? Hyung!” Taeyeon went to his brother and had a chest pumped like how they always do when they meet. “Wow, looking more and more handsome yeah?” Ji Woong teased Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon.” Taeyeon stopped laughing with his brother when he heard a really low voice coming from afar.

“Appa.” Taeyeon called his father and hug him as well.

 

During dinner, the family was happily chatting and getting to know about Taeyeon’s life in school. They chatted so well even though they have not seen Taeyeon for so long.

After the dinner, Taeyeon’s father asked Taeyeon to go to the garden to talk privately.

 

“What is it that we have to talk privately, appa?”

“Hmm.. Can’t I have an alone time with my precious son?” Taeyeon’s father chuckled.

 “You’re old enough, son. I was thinking maybe you should at least have a girlfriend at this age.”

“Appa!” Taeyeon felt embarrassed at the topic.

“Taeyeon ah, are you facing problems?”

“Why do you ask, appa?”

“Then I don’t understand why my handsome son hasn’t got a girlfriend until 18 years of age.”

“Ahh.. Appa, you’re really funny. Doesn’t mean I need to have one if I am good looking.”

Taeyeon laughed at his father’s compliment.

“I know.. but it is different if you’re in love with a girl and not being together with her.”

Taeyeon was shocked at his father words.

Does he know I'm in love even though we didn’t met for so long? –Taeyeon thought

 

“I know you’re in love Taeyeon. I dote you the most. I will know every little change in you. You’re more cheerful than before. I don’t think it is Yuri who changed you.”

Taeyeon remained silent as he listens to his father.

“Appa is a bad role model, I know. But I hope you could understand. Everyone is different. Don’t think that because of appa, you stop chasing love.”

Taeyeon thinks a lot as he listens to his father. He understands what his father is trying to say.

“But.. I am afraid..”

“Nothing is for sure to succeed, son. You have to take risks, or you will never be happy.”

 

After Taeyeon’s father talk to him. He realizes he should not be a coward. He should fight for everything. He should chase his dream. Chase the girl he love.