Chapter 63- Charles...dead or live?

Blood brothers

No one's POV
The police came that day to arrest Rell. Charles came in an hour later, he was about to ask Kwangmin what is going on but was held by the mansion's guard. 'Kwangmin hyung! Why are you doing this?' Kwangmin did not say a word and told the guards to keep him off.

The police were about to intefere but Kwangmin aasures them that nothing has happened. Charles was taken to the end side of the mansion and was kept at a lowest basement which held prisoners a long time ago and a torture chamber but was banned by Youngmin after he succeeded Eric.

'Let me out! Chaebal!' The door was shut and the guards left leaving Charles scared as he is not used to be alone in a dark and empty basement. The police left the mansion and Kwangmin return to his bed and rest for the night, he plans to deal with Charles the next morning.

In the morning, he went to see Charles. But to his dismay, Charles is nowhere to be seen so he try to look for him under the table. He found Charles under a white sheet 'Ya.' He tried to get Charles to respond but Charles was not moving.


Kwangmin's POV

He's not moving or even responding to my call. I think keeping him in this basement in a really bad idea after all. The guards took him back to his room and I tell my Mai to take care of him.

I will talk to him when he is ready to talk. As I returned to my room, So hyun had went to the guest room to take a shower. 'Cause you body goes boom bara boom!' I answer my phone.

Kw: 'Yoboseyo?'

'Lee Kwangmin?'

Kw: 'Ne.'

'We would like to report you that Rell Clinton has confessed that he murdered your father Jo Eric.'

Kw: 'Aarraso. I will proceed on with the court order.'


Jungah's POV
I've been told that Rell was responsible for Eric's murder and he attempted to kill my Kwangmin. I called for Charles to come and see me straight away.

Ju: I've hear what had happened. What you plan to do now?

Cs: Right now, I am already a threat to your family. I will leave as soon as I can.

Ju: I'm glad to hear that. I'm willing to give you an amount of time for you and your siblings to leave.

Cs: Before I go. I would like show you something.

Ju: What is it?

He took a photo out of his pocket and gave it to me. I could see it was Eric and beside him was his mistress and the rest in the photo were children that whom he had with her. Charles is one of them.

Cs: Eric my father. He is the one who burned down our house that killed our mother.


Charles's POV

After leaving Mdm Jo's office. I returned to my room and took a 5 sheets of paper to write a letter. After writing it, I packed my bag. I plan to leave this place tonight.

Since today is my last day at work here, I will try my best to serve my hyungs as my masters. 'Today's dinner will be Cottae pie.' Yougnmin hyung and Kwangmin hyung seemed in daze.

Ym: Kumawo.....

Cs: Kwenchana hyung. I didn't add any poison.

Kw: We're not saying that. But today seems really awkward.

Cs: Indeed. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything.

After the dinner, both hyung return to their room. I took a shower and wore my casual clothes. After doing so, I took my bag and leave the mansion. Before, I think of going anywhere, I decided to visit Rell.

'You have 20 minutes.' The police brought Rell to the visitation room. We stared at each other for 20 seconds and I decided to talk to him.

Cs: After all this. Do you have anything to say?

Re: No.

Cs: Last night. You did something to my drink so that you will buy time didn't you?

Re: Yes. I killed Eric and tried to kill your half-brother.

Cs: Don't you feel anything after you killed Eric?

Re: For a moment, I was really happy as his blood spilled out of his throat. But when I hear your voice, I immediately panic.

Cs: And the window is the only option. Why did you try to kill Kwangmin hyung too?

Re: He has Eric's blood in him too.

'If he has Eric's blood so do I! How could you do this???' I cried in front of him. I couldn't predict he would do such a thing to Kwangmin hyung. 'I don't want to see you again and when you're out of prison, I won't let you see Richard, Ji Yoon or Mason.' I took my bag and left.

(Flashback)

After mother's death the 4 of us were taken in by an orphanage. As life continues there, Rell seems ordinary infront of others but his hate grew stronger and stronger each day.

One day, when I was playing out at the field with Richard and Mason. Rell was taking so long to come our so I went to check on him. When I arrived at his room.... all I could see was blood drip all over the floor. I saw a dead chicken on his bed, it had been slashed on the neck.

(end of flashback)


No one's POV

The next morning.....

The twins woke up and went to the kitchen. 'Charles get us some water.' Youngmin said but Charles's voice was nowhere to be heard. Kwangmin went to this room and noticed there were 5 envelope titled: To Youngmin and Kwangmin hyung, To Richard, JiYoon and Mason, To Changjo, To Jungah, To Mai.

The twins read the letters:

Dear Youngmin and Kwangmin hyung,

Its Charles here, if you had receive this letter it means that I had left the mansion for good. Well.. to get to the point, I would thank you both for being my aswesome hyung. Now that I am free, I will travel around and make good use of my life. 

Adding to it, please help me to watch out for Richard, Ji Yoon and Mason. Do inform them that I will see them soon again and make sure that they do their homework and finish their studies too.

 

Dear Richard, Ji Yoon and Mason:

Listen up the 3 of you, I will be out for temporary and that doesn't mean that you guys can stop going to school. Listen to Mdm Jungah and the twins hyung. I will back soon and behave while I am not around.

 

Dear Changjo hyung,

Sorry for being irritating infront of you. Now that I left the mansion, I am sure going to miss an awesome brother like you. I really wished to call you hyung if I have the chance.

 

Dear Mdm Jungah,

I won't say much. All I wanted to say is that please watch over my youngers siblings while I'm gone. I hope that they grow and will be successful people.

 

Dear Mai,

I didn't get to tell you this but I really want to say that deep bottom of my heart I really love you. I'm really sorry for saying it through this letter but someday I will say it infront of you.

Wherever I go, everywhere reminds me of you. Remember last night I said I love you for 500 times? I will never forget about us and our memories. I really wished that we could live the rest of our life together in the future.

Not to worry, we'll see each other again someday and I will definitely bring you a ring. Saranghae.  <3 Charles.

 

Mai immediately cried after she read her letter. Charles had promised her that she will returned but she doesn't know if he will or not. All she have to do is to wait.

 

2 months later.......

'Rell Clinton is off from execution as pleaded by the deaceased family members and due to his mental condition. He will be placed in the prison's mental intitution for treatment and will serve 5 years in prison after his recovery.

 

Kwangmin's POV

Things went back to normal after Rell was arrested, me and hyung returned to the dorm and resumed our schedule. We told Mai to accompany omma home while we return back to the dorm. Before Mai could enter the car, she start to throw up.

Kw: Mai neo kwenchana?

Ma: I have been feeling giddy lately and I feel like throwing nowadays.

Ju: No way. Could you be?

Moment's later....

'She is 2 months pregnant.' The doctor checks her up, The news were shocking as we didn't expect her to be pregnant at such a young age.

Ju: Mai. Who is the father?

Mai didn't want to reply omma's question but she had to admit it somehow if not we'll be unable to help her and her baby.

Ma: I'm afraid its Charles.

Ym: Mwo?

Ju: Aigoo., When did this happen?

Ma: Mian.... It happened on the day Rell tried to attack Kwangmin oppa. He spiked Charles's drink to buy time and Charles took me to his room.

 

No one's POV

The twins sent someone to find Charles immediately so that Charles could father Mai's baby. They too are not sure if Charles will be able to return or not.

Meanwhile....

Minwoo and Hyang Gi were in the boyfriends dorm. The were about to share a kiss but HyunSeong was there to spoil the mood and the two of them couldn't have single privacy.

Mi: Hyung. Why are you here in my room?

HS: Just to make sure nothing happen between the two of you. Remember she's underage.

Mi: Hyung!

As at the Jo's mansion, the family has grown. 'Omma omma omma!!!!' The Richard, Ji Yoon and Mason runs into Jungah's bedroom with papers in their hand. 'Oh, what is all this?' 

Ri: We draw this for you.

JY: Hope you love it.

Ju: I love it. Kumawo.

Not far from Korea. At China, Charles was travelling around as a bagpacking tourist. He receives a message on his cellphone to telling him to return back to Korea as Mai was pregnant with his child.

Suddenly, a group of thugs came over to him and beat him up. 'Da Si Ta! Ba Ta Quan Bu De Cai Na Zou! (Beat him to death! Take all of his money!)' Charles not willing to give up, he quickly get on his feet to fight back but he was knocked off again. After he was beatened up really bad, they dragged him and threw him into a river.

 As Charles was being washed along the river, he noticed he was about to get washed off by a waterfall. He clinged onto a rock and took his last breath before letting go.


 

Charles's POV

My God, or whoever have heard my call. I only ask a favor. If I die here, please send my body back to Mai so she could embrace me with the last kiss. If I make it out alive, I will live my life more meaningful than this.

Water gushing into my mouth and immediately all of my past image were flashed infront of me, I ended up being washed into deep water and I closed my eyes.


Youngmin's POV

I quickly get my head out of the tub and breathe heavily. For a moment I thought I was drowning... could it be? *Knock* *Knock* ' Hyung! Neo kwenchana?' 

Ym: Na kwenchana.

What was that exactly? For a moment I felt like I drowned in the tub. I got out of the dorm's bathroom and Kwangmin quickly get in 'What took you so long? Tsk....'


No one's POV

Back at the river in China.... the fishermen notices Charles's body floating on the river. 'Shi Ge Ren! Ba Ta Jiu Shang Lai.(There is someone! Help him up.)'  Charles's motionless body was taken out of the river. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a pulse or heatbeat, his chances of survival were critically zero.


 

To be continued....