Chapter 52- Time is running out!

Blood brothers

Chapter 52

"Time is running out!"

Changjo's POV

I woke up gasping for air. For a moment I thought I was strangled to death. Where am I??? I could see I'm in appa's secret basement at our summer house. What am I doing here?

*Door open.* I could see someone coming in, it was appa and his men. So it was his plan after all. 'Leave the two of us to talk' Appa told his men and they left.

Ch: So you're the mastermind. I'm not surprise.

Er: Changjo, I'll make it simple. You must take my position as a successor.

Ch: No I won't! I will never want to take a position of an evil man like you!

Er: Maybe locking you up here is the best option.

Ch: Fine by me.

He left and I was left alone in the basement, I checked my phone but there were no recpetion in here. What am I gonna do?

 

Youngmin's POV

Me and Kwangmin arrived at Eric's home office. We know he has the answer, we are certain the last person he sees is his appa. 'Welcome, what brings you here?' He sayed in sarcastic tone while smirking at the both of us.

Ym: Your son is dead.

Kw: Why didn't you come and see him?

Er: I am busy. Trying to kick you both out of being my successor.

Ym: Tell us where Changjo is.

Er: Is that why you guys come here for?

Kw: We know you have him.

Er: That son of no good. He must be taught a lesson for trying to go against me. If I knew I could have just have destroyed him immediately.

Ym: You had him. Where did you hid him?

Er: I'm not telling you anything.

Ym & Kw: FIne, we'll find him ourselves.

 

Kwangmin's POV

He's not telling us anything! Lucky I was quick enough to place a recording device under his table before we left. Me and hyung arrived back Jeongmin hyung and Hyewon is still trying to pick sound coming from Eri'c home office.

Kw: Guys. How did it go?

Hw : I did heard that he's moving your brother out to the winter house.

Ym : No way...

Kw : Wae?

Ym: The winter house is one of Eric's home but it was abandoned and the heater has not been replaced for decades.

Kw: Isn't Changjo going to freeze there?

Ym: Yes! We need to save him before he freezes to death!

Ju: That is a bad idea.

 

Youngmin's POV

Ym: Omma.

Ju: Sorry to intrude your rescue operation kids. I've brought the help you need.

Omma came in with about 6 men but their not in suits but in some form of costume. Which I assume them to be spies.

Ju: I'm afraid he won't be moving Changjo in the winter house. He could be tricking all of you to get into his trap.

Kw: How did you know?

Ju: Changjo is his son. He wouldn't try to kill his own son.

Ym: What about the body in the hospital?

Ju: Don't underestimate your father. He's a great sculpture master. He can make a real model of you out of a wooden block.

Kw: Then where is Changjo?

Ju: He could be in the summer house. Not far from Seoul. My men will take you there.

 

Hyewon's POV

Hw: Yes ma'am!

Jm: Hyewon. Are you sure about this?

Hw: I'll be fine. Take good care of your members.

I gave Jeongmin one of the bluetooth microphone and left, he seemed worried that I will be going into the freezing blizzard but I assure him that I'll be fine.

Ym: Wait! I wanna go with you.

Ju: Its far too dangerous. Hyewon is already a trained female spy. You both still need to carry on with your busy schedule.

Kw: Arraso. Be careful alright?

Ju: Hyewon, take 3 men with you and the rest of them will be heading to the summer house.

 

Changjo's POV

The door opened and I could see 2 men came in and grab me. I tried to struggle but one of them shot me with a tazer gun causing me to get shock and weakened. 'Where are... you taking me?'

'We'll bring you to somewhere you'll never see your friend or hear from them ever again.' They threw me in a van and knocked my head with a shovel, I pass out again.

 

Youngmin's POV

Me, Kwangmin and Jeongmin hyung were waiting anxiously for the rescue operation. I am not sure if they'll come back safe.

Jm: Are they there yet? I am so worried.

Ju: Its been only an hour and half into the journey. There is still a long way to the winter house.

Suddenly a phone call start coming in. It was from the three spies allocated to the summer house awhile ago.

Ym: 'Yoboseyo?'

*Cough* *Cough* 'Young master! Tell Hyewon and others to turn back!'

Ym: 'Wait a minute. What is going on?'

'Tell Hyewon to turn....Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!'

A huge chill struck me after the scream 'Hello?  Hello?' I shout right at the phone, both omma and Jeongmin hyung were surprised.

Jm: What is going on?

Ym: I need to call Hyewon to turn back now! She's in danger.

Jm: But their in a snowstorm. There is no signal at all.

 

Hyewon's POV

Hw: Oh no...

One of the men asked me if I was ok. We're almost there but I felt that its not good idea to go there. When I arrived, a big group of men start appearing. 'Their heading toward us!' Me and the 3 men get ready to be on guard.

We start fighting in a hand to hand combat match. One of them tried to kick me but I managed to avoid it and I kick him him by his stomach. While he groans in pain, I start to feel a huge electric shock passing through my body .

I screamed at the top of my voice and fell on the floor weakened by the shock 'Ahhhhhhh!' The other men were shot and the fell too along with me. I could see one the enemy holding tazer gun.  'Jeongmin...Jeongmin....' I said softly I passed out.

The next moment I got up, I am in a room being with the 3 spies, they are slowly getting their consciousness. 'Guys!' I try to reach them but something is pulling me behind, there is a chain at my ankle and it was attached to the wall.

 

Youngmin's POV

Ym: We need to save them!

Ju: No Youngmin. Their mission is extremely dangerous. I've called for back up already.

Jm: Its my girlfriend out there and there will be snowstorm. How could we leave them there?

Ju: It is our only option to save Changjo.

Jm: Is your step-son only the person you care about? Hyewon is not only working for you but also a human.

Jeongmin hyung went into his room and took a thick winter coat. He went to the door 'We're coming with you.' me and Kwangmin took our coat too and left the dorm.

 

No one's POV

Meanwhile at the winter house, Hyewon is trying to keep herself warm. She tried everytthing she can to open up the ankle chain but none of it seems to work.

She could see the other men were freezing too. But they can't do anything to help themselves but to just wait and die. Hyewon sees that her life too will fade at any moment.

Meanwhile, Jeongmin, Youngmin and Kwangmin were on their way to the winter house 'Are you both Mr Jo?' A group of men came towards the three of them and asked. Youngmin and Kwangmin nodded. 'Great, we are the backup people your mum contacted.

This time there were 6 men but  they armed with weapon this time. They brought took the 3 boys inside a van and drove their way to the winter house.

 

Hyewon's POV

I was sitting on the freezing floor in the room. I didn't expect I will die like this, but if I can really survive through, the last thing I want to do is to spent my last happy moment with Jeongmin. I took out a small piece of notepad hoping to write a last letter to him.

'Jeongmin. If you have read this note, I am already beyond hope but you're always going to be remembered. Do find someone better than me arraso? Furthermore, please tuck my body in a nice warm blanket before sending me away.' Love Hw

After writing the note, I tear up before locking both of my arms together. I fell asleep immediately.

 

Kwangmin's POV

We arrived at the winter hourse, we were shocked to see the half of the winter house is buried with snow. 'Hyung....' I trembled as I know what is happening inside the house.

'We should be able to get in from the top!!!' One of the men said while tying a rope his waist and start climb up including te rest of his collegue 'There is no one here!!!' The other guys brought us in and we could see the house all empty and freezing.

One of the men used a device to track where Hyewon and the rest is. 'Their is the lowest of the lowest basement. We need to hurry fast before they freeze.' We went to the first basement, there is no passage to the basement where they are. So they got their drill and start drilling the floor. 'We're almost there!'

As soon as they finished drilling the whole. 'Don't come in kids, its dangerous.' The six of them jumped into the whole and few moments later....' Kids! pull up the people here.' The first person who we pulled out is one of the 3 men followed by the one another, their body were covered in ice crystal. The last person to carried out is Hyewon.

 

No one's POV

Jm: Hyewon!

Jeongmin tried get her to respond. All he could see was a sleeping frozen Hyewon in his arm. 'Andue. Andue. Andue!!!!' He shouted.

As soon as Hyewon and the assasins were rescued, They were rushed to hospital, Hyewon was not conscious since then, her body temperature is falling really quick. Jeongmin grabbed Youngmin by he collar. Kwangmin was shocked to see his brother getting grabbed.

Kw: Jeongmin hyung. Wae?

Jm: Both of you..... Why does my Hyewon have to sacrifice her life for your brother? Why?

Ym: I got no answers to that. Mianhe hyung.

Jm: If Hyewon couldn't make it by tonight. I will not let any of you off. Arraso?

Jeongmin threw Youngmin aside and left. Youngmin broke down in tears and Kwangmin when to cuddle him. The rescue operation failed this time.

 

Changjo's POV

'Oh man! I almost got it!' I was sitting in the wooden cage watching appa's men playing poker. 'Sir, I need to go to bathroom.' One of the men got up and open the cage. While I was in the bathroom, I saw a lighter lying around the cubicle. I am starting to have a plan.