ITALY

Me and my Dragon

"Ma'am were in Italy." The flight attendant say while gently tapping Chelle's shoulder to wake her up.

Chelle slowly open her eyes and give a gentle smile to the girl. She stretches her arms and rub her swollen eyes. She cried since she entered the plane until she fell asleep.

"Yeobo, I landed in Italy safely. See you soon. Wait for me. I love you."

She sent a text message to Ilwoo and hailed a cab. She decided to look for the group instead of going to her hotel where Ilwoo booked her. She wants to talk to Jiyong and settle her issues with him like Ilwoo wants so that she go back to Seoul immediately.

Using the map she found in the airport lobby while waiting for her luggage she look for the nearest church where she thinks the wedding ceremony is possibly being held. 

"Please take me to Basilica de San Marco." She smiled at the driver and look outside the window.

There are few people inside the church but there is no sign that there was a wedding held  or going to be held in the place. She look in the map once again and went to the next church, San Giacomo di Rialto. But like the first one, no sign of wedding ceremony.

The sun is shining bright. The wind feels good in the skin. She decided to walk and sit in one of the benches she found under the tree. 

"Where are you, people?" She ask while looking at the map and the place around her. 

She walks in the street of Venice without minding the hunger and tiredness. She walks until her feet bring her to the famous gondola ride in Venice, Italy. She examine her map again and found another church. She needs to ride the boat going to the place.

For a moment she forgets the heartaches and everything as she ride the gondola. She saw how beautiful Venice is. The breath taking view and beautiful architecture of every building are so pleasant to her eyes. 

"I wish you were here, yeobo!" 

The banker starts singing. Even though she doesn't understand it, she began to cry. Tears starts falling like waterfall in her cheeks. The melody of the song feels heavy in the heart. She bowed her head and fixed her hat to cover her face. The scene in the airport began flashing back to her. 

She starts to ask why. Why is he pushing her back to Jiyong? Does he believes her when she told him she loves him? They're married. How could he pushed her away like that? Her thoughts vanishes when the banker stops singing and hand her a handkerchief. She wipes her tears feeling embarass and gives a tight smile to the banker. 

He starts singing happy song for her to lighten her mood. Suddenly she felt as if someone is staring at her. She look around but then she realize that its impossible that someone knows her in this place. She tilt her head up and appreciate the beauty of the sun that's beginning to sink in the ocean. 

The banker calls her attention when she reach her destination. He help her unload her luggages from the boat and wave her goodbye. 

The beautiful arrangement of flowers setting in the aisle welcome her as she enter the chapel. A guy wearing white clothes starts to sweep the rose petals on the floor. She approach him and found put that a beautiful wedding just held in the chapel. She smiled to him and slowly walks towards the door.

Her knees are getting jelly. Her head is starting to spin. She pause her tracks and get a grip on the fence in the entrance. She sit on side then take her hat to fan herself then she heard her tummy grumble. She smile and shakes her head and decided to call it a day and head to her hotel.

"Welcome to Carnival Palace Hotel, madam." A valet greeted her and help her with her luggages. "Are you alright? You're pale." He continued while walking her towards the hotel's reception.

"Yes. Thank you. I'm just tired." She smiled and turn to the receptionist. "Hi! My room is booked under the name of Ilwoo Jung." 

"Just a moment, ma'am." She replied and check on her computer. "Yes. To Ms. Retchel Lavapie."

"That's my maiden name. It's Retchel Jung. I'm his wife." She smiled and hand her her passport. While waiting for her room key, she suddenly noticed that her passport and other documents are still in her maiden name. "I thought Atty. Waltz already fixed this." 

"Here's your room key, madam. Enjoy your stay!" Her thoughts interrupted by the girl. While reaching for her room key she suddenly spotted a familiar figure entering the elevator. "Seungri!" She whispered. She grab her keys and run towards the elevator but she failed to catch maknae.

She push the button and wait where the elevator will stop. When the next elevator becomes available she immediately went inside and push the 7th floor button. Her room is in the same floor. Room 7015. She look around to find Seungri but no signs. She fished her phone out of her pocket and start dialing Ri's number. After a few rings, he pick up.

"Where are you?" She ask. His background is so loud with people's chatting and laughing.

"I can't hear you." He said in the other line. Then she heard a door opens at the end of the hallway. She drop the call and walks towards where Ri is. But her vision starts to get blurred. Using her remaining energy she walks towards the room getting support in the wall. Her hands are shaking as she reach to turn the door knob.

"Jiyong.." She called then collapsed on the floor.

===================================

When I enter the room, all the people inside are facing the floor to ceiling window watching the fireworks. Tabi, Gian and Bae are drinking in the mini bar on the corner of the room. Jiyong, Seungri and Daesung are playing with Amber and Cassie in the couch while Mr. Kang is hugging a girl  while kissing the girls hair. The girl turn around to kiss Henry and found me standing in the living room.

My vision is slowly getting dark and I can't handle it any more.

"Chelle." I heard a the girl called me and everyone in the room turns to my direction.

"Jiyong.." I called then my visions turns black. I feel a strong arms catch me before I passed out.

----------------------

When I open my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar room. Panic mode sink in. I immediately sit on the bed but pain stikes in my head forcing me to lay down again then the door opens and everyone walks inside the room.

"How are you feeling, Chelle?" Seungri sits beside me and hand me a glass of water.

"I feel better. Thank you!" I force a smile and drink the water.

"What happen? Why are you here? I thought your in France with Ilwoo." Mr. Kang worriedly asks. "By the way meet my wife, Georgette Ashley." I blink a few times while staring at the girl. "You make us all worried. Specially Jiyong."

"Uhmmmm.." I stamper and don't know what to say.

"Mom I told you Aunt Chelle is beautiful. Right, Jiyong Appa?" Amber butted in.

"Amber stop calling Jiyong, Appa." Ashley said to the little girl.

"It's okay, honey. I'm used to it. Besides she's my god daughter." Jiyong answered.

"You.. Are.. You're honey?" 

"Yes! The nickname I hate the most. It's so cheezy." Ashley replied. Then there's a sudden knock on the door. 

"I think that's your food." Gian said. "You have to eat. You collapsed because you didnt eat anything. That's the residents doctor said when he checks on you. You scared all of us. Everyone out of her room. She needs to rest. Jiyong take charge. Let her drink her meds after she's done eating." She said while sending a "they need to talk" glare at the boys.

"Let's talk later. Eat first." Jiyong said then guide me to sit on my bed again. "You're in my room. I didn't know where is your room so I brought you here. Say ah." He said and feed me. No words came out of our mouth. He just feed me and I do what I told. "Good girl. Here take your medicine." He continued.

"Jiyong we need to talk."

"We'll talk Chelle. Rest first." He said and tucked me to bed. When he's sure that I'm comfortable, he stands up but I hold his wrist when he was about to leave.

"Can you stay?" I said shocked by my own words. 

"Don't worry I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay here." He said and kiss my forehead. "Sleep tight, baby."

I nod and give him a tight smile before I dozed off to dreamland.

-------------------------

It's already 1am when I wake up. I roam my eyes around the room but there is no sight of Jiyong. I need to talk to him so I can go back to Seoul. Ilwoo is waiting for me. I climbed out of the bed and search for Jiyong. I found him in the small veranda of the bedroom. He's sitting on the chair while his feet are resting above the table. He's hands are inside his pocket and his eyes are close. He looks tired and sad and lonely. I watch him for a while before I head to the small kitchen to make him a coffee.

I placed the coffee on the table and drape him a blanket. He move and open his eyes.

"Why did you sleep here? I made you coffee. Drink it while it's still hot." I said and occupy the chair infront of him.

"Thank you." He said and reach for the cup. "I missed your coffee. It taste the same." He commented. I watch him drink the coffee. My eyes caught the attention of the bracelet his wearing.

"You still have that." 

"What?" He asked. "These?" He continued and held his wrist us. I nod in response. "Yeah! I always wear this since that...night." He start playing the necklace he gave me and open the locket. Our picture are still there. "I used it as my bracelet so I can be with you."

"Jiyong..."

"Sorry. I just miss you. And honestly I'm happy to see you here. Since you returned it feels like you doesn't know me. You're looking at me as if it was the first time you ever so me. You're treating me as if I don't exist. I was expecting you to slap me, to yell at me, to hate me but you never did that. What happened?" His teary eyed and ready to cry.

"That's why I came here to tell you something." I take a deep breath and continue. "I had an amnesia."

"Whaaaaaaat? Amnesia?" I nod. He stands up and take the chair beside me. He hold my hand like the way he holds it everytime he's worried. "How did it happened? God! Do they know?" I nod again. "Damn! Am I only person who doesn't know about this?" He slam the table and kick the chair. "Tell me Chelle!"

"I..I met an accident the night I run away from the hotel. A car hit me." I started. 

We've been looking at each other while I narrate him what happen that night. How Ilwoo found me, how Seungri saw me, everything. 

"But I lied."

"What do you mean you lied?"

"I pretended to have an amnesia. I remember every small details if each and everyone of you."

"Does Ilwoo has something to do with this? Did he ask you to forget about everything? About us?" 

"No! Ilwoo has nothing to do with this, Jiyong. Don't get mad at him. I'm the one who ask him to tell all of you that I don't remember anything. It's so painful. I feel like dying every single day when I remember what happened that night. Until now Jiyong, until now it still hunts me."

"Chelle..."

"It's my only way to save myself from that heartache. It really hurts like hell."

"I'm..I'm so sorry. What can I do for you to forgive me?"

"Thats why I'm here. I want to tell you that you're already forgiven. I want the both of us to live our lives peacefully. I want us to be happy. Separately. A lot of things change. Including my feelings."

"Did Ilwoo forced you to marry him? I can't believed he took advantage of the situation."

"No. He didn't. I marry him because I want to."

"You love him?"

I look straight into his eyes and nod.

"I already love him, Jiyong. I start loving him as I learned to forgive and let go of you. When I heard that you're engaged, I finally said to myself that it's over between us. Ilwoo is always been there for me. He never left me. He's always there every night I wake up crying while calling your name. He's always there telling me everything will be alright."

"You're lying again Chelle. You don't love him. You love me. I'm your world."

"I'm sorry Jiyong but it's not you any more. I'm letting you know everything so I can move forward. I don't want our past to stop me from getting happy with Ilwoo. I'm married to him and right now all I want is cut and settled what we have and go back to Seoul. To my husband."

"I love you, Chelle. Until now it's always been you. Tell me you still love me. Please don't do this to me. I'm begging you!"

"I'm sorry!" I bow my head and cry. "Maybe I still have feelings for you but Ilwoo already have my heart. I'm happy with him and I hope you'll be happy for us." I stand up and walk towards the door.

"Baby please!" I feel his breath on my neck while his hands circled around my waist. "I'll talk to Ilwoo. Please don't leave me. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

He buried his face in my back and cry. It's so painful. I know I shouldn't be feeling this but what we had before is something that is not easy to forget. Seeing him and holding him close like this brings back at the feelings and memories of us together. I decided to stay for a moment. This will be the last time were going to be this close.

"Jiyong..." I took a deep breath and slowly remove his hands around my waist. "Goodbye, Jiyong." I said and slowly walk away from him.

"Maybe you're right. I'm so sorry for everything I've done. I'm letting you go now. You're already married and I don't want to ruin someone's married life. But I want you to know that I love you and it didn't change even if you're already married. It's good to know that you're happy with him. Can I ask you a favor?" I turn around and look at him. "Just let me love you from a far until my heart says stop."

I don't know what to say. For the last time I hug Jiyong. I hold his face and rest my forehead to his.

"Thank you." I whisper. I grab my luggage and went to my own room to fixed myself. 

"I'm going home, yeobo. Wait for me."