Suspicion

Paradise? Yea..... NO

"Hoya? You're here? That's nice. As you can see, we've decided to open the cafe at day times too. Isn't that great? Not as great as it is at night but this is just extra." a voice said from behind you.

*Oh .*

Hoya slowly looked up from the menu. Suho was walking over to their table. Infinite could tell (because of the way Hoya looked extremely nervous), that this was someone . Suho stood at the edge of the table where you and Hoya were face-to-face. He briefly glanced at you and then smiled at everyone at the table.

"H-Huh? Oh yeah." Hoya replied said nervously.

"We're not going to open it at daytime alot. But there's no specific timing, it'll be random." Suho told him. Suho recognized Hoya as soon as he entered, and right away he knew something was up.

"Really? That's nice..." he said, looking at you who was looking blankly at him. He was going to have to do something, and fast. He knew that the conversation would be directed to him coming to work tonight.

"I think we should make it a 24-hour thing, ya know? We can employ more workers and can make it look a certain way in the day and a certain way at night. But that could take away from the meaning of the name right? We could do something else to smybolize the meaning of BTD. Like we open at midday and end before the dawn." Suho was droning on and on and you were staring blankly at the menu, not getting a good look at him because of the questions running through your mind.*Why is this man talking to Oppa? And about business too.* Infinite was looking at each other, sending messages with their eyes.

"Yeah I guess...." Hoya hoped he was giving Suho the hint to leave.

"When are you-" Suho was about to ask when Hoya was going to work today. But Hoya abruptly stood up and grabbed his arm.

"I'll go check on our orders. You guys stay here." he started walking with Suho. When he passed by Dongwoo and Woohyun he whispered, "Cover for me."

Hoya and Suho walked to the deserted part of BTD. Suho crossed his arms ."Explain."

Hoya was amazed. "H-How did you know?" Hoya had gotten closer to Suho, as he'd be at BTD quite often. He was like another brother to him, just like Infinite. But he didn't talk to Suho outside of BTD, only at work.

"You remember the guys I came with yesterday? They're my friends, I'm one of the leaders. And being a leader means you can tell what people are feeling and if their hiding something. " Suho said.

"Oh." was all Hoya could say. Sunggyu was like that as well. He could tell when something was wrong and if something was being hidden.

"Well? Why were you all nervous back there? Are you hiding something?" Suho asked. He wasn't speaking as a boss, but as a friend.

Hoya looked at him. "Wellll."

"Spill." Suho sat down on a chair at a nearby table and gestured Hoya to do the same. Hoya sat down.

"When does your school start?" Suho asked.

"8:50" Hoya answered.

"It's 8:20 right now. You have lots of time to explain and then go back to your friends." Suho said, looking at his watch. "Well?"

"It's a long story...... I don't know where to start." Hoya mumbled.

"We have all day. Start with the people at the table. Who are they?" Suho leaned back in his chair.

"The guys are Infinite, my best friends and brothers." Hoya said. "And the girl.... is my little sister."

"Lilttle sister?" Suho repeated. "How old is she?"

"She's a year younger then me." Hoya answered.

"Ok, why were you trying not to be seen by me or anyone else?" he asked.

Again, Hoya was amazed. "How-?"

"It was obvious you were hiding." Suho said in a duh-voice. "And why else would you not want to be seen if it wasn't that you were hiding something?"

"Well yeahh I guess." Hoya rubbed the back of his neck. He knew he'd have to tell Suho everything. He didn't want to, not because he didn't trust Suho or anything. Suho was a nice guy, who Hoya had grown close to. He just didn't like everyone knowing about his position.

"Do your friends know about this job?" Suho asked.

"Yeah."

"Does your sister?"

Hoya remained silent and looked at the floor.

"I'll take that as a no." Suho said. "Why doesn't your sister know?"

"Because." Hoya took a deep breath. "We're getting tight on money. Well we're ok, but we will need extra soon enough. So I got a second job here. I work after school at a CD store not too far from here. I can't tell my sister because.... Well, if she finds out she'll never agree to me having a second job. That's why I got a night-job. But she'll be even more upset if she finds out I have a second job that cuts into my rest time. There's no way she'd agree. And she'll go out and get a job herself."

"What's so bad about your sister having a job?" Suho asked.

"There is no way my little sister is going to work while she's in school, underage." Hoya rasied a brow, "You wouldn't let your sister work either." Suho thought about it. It was true, if he had a little sister he would never let her get a job.

"So," Suho said. "You go to school. come home, go to your job, go back home, do homework, sleep for an hour, then come to BTD, and then go back to sleep for 2 hours?"

Hoya nodded.

"That is not good." Suho turned serious. "I can't let my employee get only 3 hours of sleep. It could lead to serious health issues."

"It's ok! I only work at BTD 3 days a week! Not including weekends!" Hoya said quickly, afraid Suho would fire him or something. Which Suho was thinking about, not firing him because he wasn't worker material or anything. But because Hoya could get way too stressed with two jobs. It wouldn't be good for his health.

Suho pressed his lips into a thin line. He didn't like the idea of Hoya working very hard with 2 jobs and school at the same time.

Hoya then thought of the biggest reason why he was doing this. "My dad died when we were young." he said quietly. Suho looked at Hoya, who was still staring at the floor. "He had cancer. I remember the night before he died, he held my hand while laying in the hospital bed. He said to me 'My time is to live is running out. Take good care of your sister. Live well and make yourselves happy. Don't let anything bring you down.'" Tears were b in his eyes. "That's why I'm working hard, I promised our dad I'd take good care of us. I can't let him down. He expects me to take care of her. We have a step-mom, she was married to my dad when he was alive, so she was our guardian. But she was horrible to us, so I left with my sister. We live alone right now. Without a mom or dad, I want to make sure she's happy even without the perfect family life she's always wanted."

Suho softened. He felt a lot of sympathy towards Hoya. He was always a softie when it came to situations like this.

Hoya looked up and smiled a bit. "I'm not a pitiful person. I'm actually very happy. Infinite's our family, we all take care of each other."

Suho sighed. "Ok. I won't stop you from working here or tell your sister. But if you're ever too tired to work or are stressed from school, you have to call right away and say you're not coming!" he warned.

Hoya nodded. "Thanks Suho." *That's one weight off my shoulders..*

"You should go back to your friends now." Suho said. "I hope you and your friends can come up with a good excuse for your sister." he sheepishly smiled. "If you need help just tell me, it is my fault that she's probably suspicious of you now. "

Hoya nodded and got up from his seat with Suho. Suho headed to the back, while Hoya went back to the table.

"Where's our order?" you asked as soon as Hoya sat nervously into his seat.

"Oh um, it's still being made." he said quickly.

"Oppa." you said. "Who was that man? The good looking one?" you asked.

Sungyeol scoffed and muttered, "Good looking?! He's nowhere near as handsome as me!" L elbowed him while Woohyun chuckled.

"He's the owner of this cafe." he replied calmly.

"How do you know him? Why was he talking to you about the cafe's timings and it's plans?" you inquired.

"Oh, he's a friend." Hoya fiddled with his fingers.

"Oppa's said you guys used to go to school togther." you said.

"O-oh. Yeah, we did." Hoya said.

"How come I haven't heard or seen any of these new friends that keep coming up?" you asked.

"Because." Hoya looked at you, and then at the chair. "Because we were only seatmates. That's why we talked. We only talked in school, not outside. We're seatmate close."

You nodded. "Ahh, so why is he telling you about his business? I mean, first he called you and now he's talking about business with you?"

Hoya looked at Infinite confused. *Called me? Suho's never called me...* Dongwoo quickly mouthed. "We told her his name is Hyunki!" Hoya nodded but was nervous again. Infinite had probably told her something else and now he'd make up another story. At this rate, you'd find out for sure.

Hoya looked at you again. "T-That's because. B-Because he really wanted to open a business with his father, I encouraged him and then he transferred to another school. That's why you haven't seen him. But we keep in touch, and I promised to visit his cafe."

"Ohh." you nodded. *So he's telling the truth.* you thought happily. Infinite looked at each other, amazed at how they even thought the same way and lied told fictional stories (to put it in a nice way) the same way. You had completely devoured it since the stories matched and made sense. Suho, well 'Hyunki' and Hoya had been friends and Hoya encouraged Suho to open a business with his father and Hoya had promised to visit. It was the nice thing to do.

"Wait." you looked at him again. "Then why were you hiding behind the menu? And why were you all nervous when Hyunki-ssi was here?"

Hoya swallowed and said, "Um well-" he looked around and saw a guy with LOTS of pimples on his face.

"See this?" he leaned in towards your face, and pointed to his cheek.

"What?" you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Thiiiis." he pointed to a small little bump on his face that was barely noticeable.

You raised an eyebrow. He sank back into his seat.

"It's so ugly and noticeable! I didn't want Su-Hyunki, to see me with that horrid mark!" he exclaimed.

"Uhuh." you shook your head. Hoya was obsessed with his skin and how it looked. He was always bothered by the tiniest things.

When you weren't looking, Hoya sighed in relief. Infinite shook their heads also. *That was so lame. Haerin is so gullible.*

Hoya looked at you and guilt swallowed him whole. He'd never lied to you. Ever. Hoya was always completely honest and 100% truthful with you, like a good big brother (that was also why you believed him). You trusted Hoya completely and Hoya knew that. If you ever found out he was lying or was hiding something from you, you'd be sad, hurt, and disappointed all at the same time. Especially, if his health deteriorates and he's working too hard.

Hoya looked away and at that time, your orders arrived. You ate and talked happily with everyone.

Except Hoya, who was still inside his little bubble of guilt.

*Sorry Haerin.... I don't like hiding things from you either.........but this way we'll be happy right?*

That was what Hoya thought, if he suffered and was working all the time; you'd be happy. You guys would suffer for while, yes. But after you guys would be living a happily ever after. That's how life was right?

But that only happens in fairytales with courageous woodcutters and fairy godmothers. Not everyone ends up living in a world with rainbows, unicorns and fairies. Some end up dead, or worse...... living dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HiHi~!

Another chapter~~~

I hope your enjoying my story so far :P

Thanks to those that subscribed~! :D

Double thanks to those who comment, hehe =P

Say hi to Lay~!