Family

Paradise? Yea..... NO

He nodded, “Well, you have no guardian, so an orphanage is the only place you can stay until you're 18.”

You didn’t say anything and looked away.

“Well, for the time being, go home. That house is partly yours until all the contracts are signed and sealed.” He patted your shoulder.

 You bowed and quietly said, “Thank you.”

Se Hun was also frozen in shock, *An orphanage? They're going to take noona away?*

“Se Hun-ah?” Mr. Oh nudged him. “What's wrong?”

Se Hun shook his head as you walked over to them.

“Let's go home.” Mr. Oh said tiredly as you and Se Hun got in the car. It had been such a long, tiring week.

You felt out of place when you got in the car. You weren't related to Mr. Oh or Se Hun, you felt like a stranger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At ‘home’ you were in your room on the phone with L, who was beyond furious. You had never heard so much profanity come out of his mouth before.

“Anyways,” L said when he calmed down. “um, what’s happening to you again? You staying there, or what?”

“No, I don't think so.” You answered.

Se Hun, who had been passing by you room, stopped to listen.

“This house is still under Mr. Oh's name. It's mostly his, I think I'm probably going to an orphanage.” You said.

“What the heck?! An orphanage?!” L yelped.

“Yeah, most likely.” You said. Se Hun stepped back *No.... Noona can't go to an orphanage... No no no.*

He ran to his father's office to ask him a question that could change their lives forever.

“Appa,” Se Hun stopped in the doorway.

Mr. Oh was filling some papers out, “Yes?”

Se Hun sat on the sofa near him.

“Ummm,” Se Hun hesitated at first. But then he thought about the chance that he would never get to see you again.

“They're sending noona to an orphanage.” He said quietly, sadness in his voice.

Mr. Oh waited for him to continue.

“I don't want noona to leave.” He said, looking at his father with tears in his eyes. This was the first time Mr. Oh had seen tears in his eyes after his mother ran away. He had never seen sadness after that. If he was sad now, then this really was an emotional challenge.

He knew you and Se Hun were close, he knew that Se Hun would be the loneliest child without you. You needed him as a brother and he needed you as a sister. He knew you had been there for him, when he (Mr. Oh) had not.

He wasn't stupid, and he knew what he had to- and was going to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, you were standing in a different law office with a confused expression on your face, still processing what was happening.

“Haerin-ssi, I just need you to sign here, here, here, here, and there. Initial there, there, and back here.” The lawyer pointed to all these different areas in the different documents.

“Wait,” you stopped. “Abeonim..... I don't know about this. You're taking in another child. I mean, it's just an extra burden and maybe you don't even want two kids, nonetheless someone who isn't blood related! Maybe you just need to spend some time with Se Hun. Just family.”

Mr. Oh looked at you, “Do you know what I see family as? Family is when you are there for the others no matter what. Family is automatically making someone else's problem, your problem. Family is comforting others when they need it most. Family is what you have been to Se Hun and I, and that is what I want to say on these legal documents.”

You were touched at these fatherly words.

“Now, unless you are extremely uncomfortable with us and think you're in any sort of danger, then you can say you don't want to.” He shrugged.

You weren't worried about safety or anything. On the contrary, a father and brother were exactly what you needed right now. Actually, nothing would change except the fact that it would say on paper that you were his daughter. You just didn’t want him to feel burdened or like he had to take you in.

Se Hun looked at you pleadingly. You couldn't ignore that look in his eyes, he was begging. And you couldn't lie to yourself, you didn't think you could be away from him. He really had become your brother over the past 3 months.

“Where do I sign and initial again?” You mumbled, as you walked to the desk and picked the pen up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This time when you got home, it felt like your real home. A place where there would be love and support.

“I have something to tell you two.” Mr. Oh said when all of you were eating dinner after a long day of going through the adoption process.

You both looked at him, “Well first, Haerin I'm glad you're our family on paper now, too. Remember, we're a family now, you don't have to feel burdened about anything.” He smiled. “And second, I think I'm away from home too much, so I'm just going to take care of my business here. I’m going to properly raise my two children and be at home more often so I can be there for you two.”

Se Hun smiled widely, he wasn't going to cheer like an idiot, but he was really happy. Things were turning out well.

“That’s great.” You smiled as well. “We'll make lots of memories.”

“Cake!!” Se Hun excitedly exclaimed as Taegun brought a cake from the kitchen.

He smiled as he put it down. Then he bowed and disappeared into the kitchen again.

Mr. Oh put the knife in between you and Se Hun, “Both of you cut it.” He said, taking a camera out.

You and Se Hun gave him weird looks.

“Come on!” He urged. You laughed at this new side of him, he was so excited for this new life as a family.

You and Se Hun held the knife together.

“On 3, okay? Remember to smile!” Mr. Oh reminded. “Okay, 1, 2, 3!”

You and Se Hun cut the cake with big smiles on your faces and Mr. Oh captured the beautiful moment representing the start of a new family, and a new life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---1 week later---

“Noona!” Se Hun found you at your locker. It was Friday and the last period of the say was about to start.

“I don't have cookies, Se Hun.” You said flatly.

“Awww.” He pouted. Then he straightened up. “But that's not why I came. A Night of Celebration is coming up.”

“And what the heck is that?” You raised an eyebrow.

“Remember? Jihyun noona said that her university comes here and does performances and there's different food from all over Asia? That’s called Night of Celebration.” He reminded.

You nodded, “Okayyy, and?”

“Well, tickets for that are on sale!” He exclaimed. “We're going, so I'm buying tickets. I just thought I’d tell you. It's in 2 weeks; I have no idea why there doing it so early though. Normally, it’s in May.”

You shrugged, “Alright.”

“Kay, bye!” He waved and went to his class to buy the tickets from his math teacher.

You headed to chemistry and sat down in your usual seat beside Chen.

“I hope we have a supply teacher.” Chen said hopefully.

“Yeah.” You agreed.

“Are you going to a Night of Celebration?” Chen asked.

You nodded, “You?”

He nodded as well, “We always go. Except Kai was sick last year so he didn't.”

“Ahhh.” You nodded. The final bell rang and the students stumbled into class. But Ms. Choi was nowhere to be seen.

“So, we do have a supply?!” Chen sat up brightly.

“Children,” Mrs. Lee, the biology teacher came from her class. “Ms. Choi can’t make it today, and there are no supply teachers available. You have a spare period, but nobody is allowed to leave the school and you must remain in an area with teacher supervision like the library or the cafeteria.” She informed.

You and Chen grinned, high-fiving each other.

“I don’t want to stay here.” You said, wrinkling your nose. “I think I’ll go home.”

“Me too.” Chen yawned. “Catch up on some sleep.”

The two of you said your goodbye’s and snuck out of school. You walked home and enjoyed the cool weather.

When you got home, the maids were doing their usual cleaning and bowed when they saw you.

You bowed back at them and Mr. Oh was in the living room, reading the newspaper.

“Oh, Haerin.” He looked at you, surprised. “What are you doing home so early?”

“My chemistry teacher is away, so we were allowed to leave.” You explained, sitting on the sofa and turning the TV on.

“Allowed to leave school or allowed to leave class?” he raised an eyebrow.

You nervously smiled, “Well, um, class. But technically, I have left class.”

Mr. Oh smiled amusedly.

“Oh, I should text Se Hun.” You remembered, taking your phone out.

[Sent at 2:01] I’m already at home, don’t wait for me.

“I have to go to the office today and I’ll be home late.” Mr. Oh said to you. “But I’ll wait until Se Hun comes home until I go.’’

You nodded, “Okay.”

“What are you watching?” he asked as you intently watched Shinee performing ‘Dream Girl’.

“Aboenim…. You don’t know them?!” you exclaimed.

He shook his head.

“It’s Shinee!” you said, crossing your legs on the sofa. “The bestest group in the whole wide world!”

He chuckled, “Oh, I see. Who’s your favourite?”

“Him! Taemin!” you pointed at him doing his long note. You were awed, “Waaaahhhhh.”

“Looks a bit like a girly child, doesn’t he?” Mr. Oh tilted his head.

“No!” you protested. “He’s beautiful!”

He laughed, “Okay, if you say so.”

You smiled, he was acting exactly the way your real dad would have. That made you feel so warm inside.

“But ‘beautiful’ is generally a word to describe women.” Mr. Oh added.

Your smile vanished and you took your phone out, “Do you want to see manly photos of Taemin?! Okay, let’s start with practises and move to music videos.”

Mr. Oh stood up and looked at his watch, clearing his throat, “Look at the time, I must leave.” He said at the exact moment Se Hun came inside the house.

“Noona!” Se Hun complained as he stormed into the living room. “How could you leave me?!”

“My chemistry teacher didn’t show up! I wasn’t going to stay at school on a Friday!” you exclaimed.

“Hmph.” He crossed his arms and sat down beside you.

“Oh, appa are you going?” he blinked up at his father.

Mr. Oh nodded, “To work, I’m probably going to come home late. But tomorrow we can go somewhere if you want.”

Se Hun grinned, “The amusement park!”

“Yeah!” you agreed.

Mr. Oh nodded, “Okay, we’ll head there tomorrow. Don’t stay up and wait for me, and both of you have to eat all of your dinner.” He reminded. Sometimes, you wouldn’t eat or Se Hun would never eat his vegetables. But Mr. Oh wasn’t about to let the slide.

“Okayy, bye!” you waved.

“Byee.” Se Hun said, taking the remote from you.

“Yah! I’m watching!” you shouted, trying to get the remote from him.

“No way, it’s 2ne1.” Se Hun shook his head and held an arm out to keep you away.

“You !” you stuck your tongue out at him.

“Thank you.” Se Hun said, not paying attention to you as all of it was on 2ne1.

But you weren’t upset, things were good now. Great. Amazing, and it was all because of the people you called family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hellooooo 

I can't think of a title for my new fic! Gahhhhh

I have a blister on my neck...... does that sound nasty? Well, it hurts >.<

It's May already... wowwww....

TWO MORE MONTHS TILL SUMMER BREAK YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But before that, exams D:

I feel lazy, I want an ice cream sandwich.

Byebye~!