Blame and Changes

Paradise? Yea..... NO

“Noonaaaa…” Se Hun’s eyes turned soft. “Noona, it’s not your fault. And I’m sure your brother would think the same.”

You shook your head as more tears leaked out. “You don’t understand, Se Hun. It’s my fault. We were walking home from L’s house, and I just had to get my sketchbook from my locker. I just had to, didn’t I? Me and my stupid memory combined with my stupid passion for the stupidest thing ever. And I bugged him so that we could go back to school and I could go and get it. He agreed, he agreed because that’s the amazing brother he was. Then, when we were coming home, t-those people came. A-And-” you started choking up. Se Hun patted your back. “And they killed him. They took his life. It was my fault, Se Hun. All mine. If we had just gone home and I had just agreed to getting my sketchbook on Monday, he wouldn’t be dead. We would have gone home peacefully and Howon oppa would still be here.”

Se Hun didn’t know what to do or say. He couldn’t believe you were thinking like this. “Noona, no matter how you put it, it’s not your fault. I don’t think anyone blames you. You didn’t do anything wrong, having your sketchbook must have been important to you, right? And your brother knew that, so that’s why he agreed. If you were to talk to him right now, I am 100% sure that he wouldn’t blame you. I mean, what is there to blame if you weren’t the one that jabbed him in the chest?”

You just shook your head, refusing that answer.

Se Hun became really sad seeing you like this. But he didn’t know what else to do. He wasn’t good at handling emotional people, nor was he a very openly emotional person himself.

Without a choice he decided to leave, thinking that the best thing right now would be leaving you alone and giving you some time for yourself. He picked up the lamp and looked at the sketchbook that you had thrown. The page was open to a drawing of a heart, half of it was coloured and the other half wasn’t. There was also a flower in the middle, and a dark, flowery border.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suho hadn’t gotten a chance to call Hyunki and ask if Hoya had come to work or contacted him. And now it was Sunday. School was just getting way too hectic, grade 12 was no joke. There was so much work and he could barely keep up with it. University fairs and application processes were going on as well. He also wanted to keep up with his father’s paperwork. There was a lot on his mind, and he kept forgetting to call Hyunki.

On another note, Se Hun had a new stepsister. Se Hun had always wanted a sibling, and now he had one. He seemed really happy, his eyes shined at the thought of not being alone at home anymore. Suho was glad for him, now he wouldn’t be so lonely with that witch of a stepmother. Suho felt assured that at least someone would be there to help Se Hun when his step mom gave him a hard time. Now the members wouldn’t have to worry about Se Hun coming to school with stitches. No one had been there to help him when Heejung ‘accidentally’ dropped a vase on his stomach. Luckily, it hadn’t hit his head. Now, someone could take care of Se Hun and his proneness to accidents. Like his broken hand, which he had just found out about on Friday, the day he told them about you.

Suho sighed and stretched *Finally. Finished.* he had been filling out papers for his dad. Well, his dad hadn’t forced him; he chose to fill them out. Suho organized the papers and put them in a folder. Then, he got out of his room, bowing back respectfully to the maids and put them in his father’s study.

He went to his father’s room. His dad was sitting on his bed with a pillow proper up to support him, sipping hot soup.

“Appa.” Suho greeted, sitting on a chair.

“Joonmyeon-ahhh.” His father nodded at him. “What have you been up to?”

“Nothing.” Suho mumbled.

His father raised an eyebrow, “Were you filling out my papers and documents?”

Suho slowly nodded.

“Aigooo, my son.” His dad shook his head. “You don’t need to. I can handle them perfectly fine. Use the free time you have to spend it with your friends or do something of your interest. Not file reports on stuff you won’t have to do for years.”

Suho shrugged. “It’s okay.”

His father sighed. He couldn’t do anything about it. Suho just loved to work hard and reach his full potential. Which he has done, numerous times. His grades in school are flawless, and he is an overachiever. But sometimes, he works himself way too much and should rest. Suho could get sick. But what could he do? Suho was just so determined.

“Looking forward to the business party?” his father grinned; he knew how much Suho and his friends hated it.

“Ugghhh.” Suho slouched in his seat. Then he sat up with eager eyes. “How ‘bout I stay home? You can tell those other people I have work to do. School stuff ya know.” He said, smiling.

His dad looked at him with an are-you-serious face. “First, do you think your friends will fall for that and let you stay home? Specially, those maknaes.” He said, referring to persistent Se Hun and stubborn Kai.

Suho groaned again. Of course not. If one went, they all went.

“And second,” his father continued. “You have to come, you’ve done so much for the company, you should enjoy the party. You worked hard.”

Suho shrugged, flinging dust off of his pants.

“How are you feeling?” he asked.

“I’m fine. Nothing to worry about, Joonmyeon. Now go play.” His father shooed him away. Suho left, now that he had seen his father, he felt better.

Suho decided to continue studying for an upcoming chemistry test. He still had to memorize the reactions. Then, he’d do his English essay. It didn’t look like he was going to get any sleep tonight either. And then another week of doom would start. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Sunday, and you stayed in bed all day. You didn’t even want to eat, but Se Hun came in and made you take a few bites of food. But you refused to eat more. The maids had cleaned the mess and were going to throw it away (upon your request) but Se Hun had stopped them when you weren’t around and told them to give the bags of your ripped art to him. He kept them in his closet.

“Noona,” Se Hun appeared at your door and walked to your bed. “Umma asked me to give this to you.” He held out a credit card.

You stared at him, “Why?”

He looked down, clearly not wanting to repeat her words. “She said to buy yourself some ‘decent clothes’ for the party and to keep it anyways. She doesn’t want her 'daughter' to be wearing and having old, unfashionable, run down things. It would be bad for her reputation.” He mumbled, feeling like dung for saying those words.

You breathed hard and took it from him; you carelessly threw it on the side table. You didn’t want her money. All the things you had, had been earned by Hoya’s hard work, and you were perfectly fine with what you had. You didn’t need some credit card to buy new clothes just to make Heejung happy. You were good with what Hoya bought you and didn’t need more. You didn’t care about what Heejung said or thought.

“She specifically mentioned the business party, it’s on Thursday. It’s formal. And mandatory for us to go.” He told you.

“Business party?” you asked.

He nodded. “Annual business party. It is bo-ring. But we have to go. The food’s okay though, and you can stay with me and my friends.” he smiled. “I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun. Oh, and they want to meet you. Tomorrow.” He said happily. “So smile, please noona?” he pouted, “Don’t be sad. I don’t like it.”

You softened. You hadn’t even known him for a week, and he was so close to you. Like he had been your brother for your whole life. You wondered if his friends were the same. Probably.

You nodded in response and he left, feeling like his little speech had gotten you nowhere.

He could sense some changes. Big changes. And he didn’t like them. You were turning into someone else. He tried to change you, but it didn’t work. You were turning into some depressed chic.

Se Hun just hoped that the person who was going to bring you back, would do it fast. He didn’t want to lose the only 24/7 family member he had. He especially didn’t want you to turn into someone you weren’t.

Someone, who was far, far, far above from you and who had been watching you since the Friday before last, completely agreed with Se Hun. *Come on Haerin, you’re so much stronger than that. And no, you shouldn’t be the one disappointed in yourself, I should. I broke the promise with Appa…… *

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello lovely peoples ^_^

Short update (compared to some of my others), but hey it was an update :D

Hohooooo lots of obvious mystery. (yeah, I'm not good at being cryptic or figuring out cryptic stuff..... heh)

Poor Suho :(

Poor grade 12-ers in general.

But don't worry, seniors~! Business party is coming up and I have lots planned (:

Just a heads up, next chapter will be Haerin meeting EXO

The chapter after that should be the business party.

I hope so.... I just can't figure out Haerin and Suho D: Should I fit it in before the party or after?! GAH D:

I think after would be better.... maybe two weeks after.... cuz they have to be good friends for this....

Look at me.... talking to myself on aff.... I've lost it.....

Whatever~! It'll work out ^^

Anyways, my best kpop source told me that Kris wants BAP to win best rookie of the year award (:

Cuz they work hard and are very talented.

=DDDDD COULD KRIS GET ANY MORE AMAZING?!?!!!

And it's funny cuz my current obsession right now is BAP

Looks like I chose a Kris-approved group (:

OH AND LAY D:

SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HIM D:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT

BUT SOMETHING DID D:

GET BETTER SOON LAY! I'LL EAT LAYS IN HONOUR OF YOU!

Okay, I'm going now.

I hope you people read my authors notes

If you don't I'd be heartbroken D: ~dramatic faint~

LOL just kiddding.  

BYEBYEEE (:

PS please comment

PSS subscribing doesn't hurt either

PSSS Okay shutting up now