Being Strong (er)

Paradise? Yea..... NO

After 1 hour of crying (again), you got out of the bed and looked around. *Oppas told me not to cry and be miserable, but here I am doing exactly that. I’m pathetic.* you looked at the light purple walls. *Purple was Howon oppa’s favourite colour.* you looked at the time on your phone 2:47.

Your furniture was white and your curtains were 2 shades darker than your walls. It was simple; clearly your step mom hadn’t wanted to give you more than necessary. But you were fine with that, you liked simple things. The door that lead to your new stepbrother’s room was white as well, with a fancy doorknob.

The knots in your stomach loosened after meeting your step mom. Before, Heejung was barely home, or she didn’t associate herself with you and Hoya. You were glad then and were glad now that you wouldn’t be in much contact with her. Now that she had combined your dad’s company with this other man’s, she would be busier.

That was another thing, why had she married again? Moreover, who in their right mind would marry Kim Heejung? She was horrible, and you felt sympathy for the man’s son already. Perhaps, she did the same thing she did with your dad. Act like an angel in front of him, and with the kids; act like a witch. But you didn’t know why the kid would stand for it; maybe he was in the same position as you,Hoya and your dad?

Whatever the case was, Heejung was still an evil witch.

You felt better, knowing that you wouldn’t see Heejung as much. But you still missed Infinite.

And Hoya.

You put those thoughts away and went to find the washroom. You opened your door, and saw another one across from your room to the right. You walked to that door and opened it. Inside, was a big washroom, not very big but it was big. It was quite spacious.  The tiles on the floor were light blue and the walls were a bit darker. The toilet was at the back of the washroom to the left, and the shower was more to the right. The counter was at your right as soon as you entered, and behind the door (to the left) was the towel holder.

You washed your face and looked in the giant mirror. *I look horrible.* your hair was all tangled and stringy. Your eyes were red and puffy. Your face was pale and thin. You didn’t look like yourself.

You sighed, you hadn’t eaten for while now. You were hungry, but didn’t feel like eating.

You heard your phone ringing from your new room. You quickly walked to your room and looked at the caller ID. WarmIceOppa

“H-Hello?” you stuttered. *Stupid Haerin!* you mentally slapped yourself * Don’t stutter! You’ll worry him!*

“Haerin?” you heard L’s worried voice.

“Hi oppa. How are you?”

You could hear the nervousness in his voice, “I’m fine. What about you? You doin’ okay?”

“I’m ok. It’s not that bad, I won’t see her that often.” You said softly.

“Mhmm.” L said. “Haerin, is there something you aren’t telling me?”

“Oppa,” you whispered as you sat on your bed. You hugged a pillow. “She married again.”

L paused, “What?” he whispered in disbelief.

You nodded but then remembered he couldn’t see it, “Yeah. He’s not here at the moment. He has a son whose room is connected to mine. I haven’t met him yet because he’s at school.”

“WHAT?! A SON?! YOU’RE LIVING WITH ANOTHER GUY?! AND HIS ROOM IS CONNECTED TO YOURS?!” you heard Woohyun yelp.

You held the phone away from your ear. You smiled and said in an offended voice, “I was under the impression that I was talking to Myungsoo oppa. Off speaker, and with him.”

You heard whispers.

“Omg, hyung!”

“You idiot!”

“It wasn’t my fault it was my mouth’s, Yeol!”

“Don’t ‘Yeol’ me! You almost blew our cover!”

“Actually,” you cut in. “You both blew your cover.”

“Your fault Woohyun!” Sungyeol said.

“Nu uh!” Woohyun fought back.

You laughed, after 5 days you laughed. Infinite turned silent, they were smiling really widely.

You stopped laughing, “Oppas?”

“Yeah, Haerin. We’re here.” You heard Sunggyu.

“Back to more important matters.” Woohyun said briskly. “Who is this person living next to you? What’s his name? Address? School? Criminal record? How tall is he? Taller than me?”

“Oppa! I don’t know! And it doesn’t matter.” You sighed.

“Is everything ok? Other than the fact that your stepmom is a greedy witch. What about your new stepdad?” Dongwoo asked anxiously.

“Other than her, I’m ok. I don’t know about my so-called stepdad. He’s not here. But,” you bit your lip. “I don’t want to transfer schools.”

“Haerin, don’t worry. Once you get there you’ll be fine.” Sunggyu assured. “You’re a smart and kind girl; you’ll do well in your classes and make friends in no time.”

You sighed again, “I hope so.”

It was silent and then you said in a quiet voice, “I miss oppa.”

“We do too, Haerin.” L said softly. “But all we can do is remember the good memories and treasure them.”

You didn’t say anything and squeezed the pillow.

“When are you going back to school? Next week? Week after?” Sungyeol asked.

“Tomorrow.”

They were all frozen silent.

“WHAT?!”

“Heejung is making me. I can’t do anything.” You whispered.

Sunggyu spoke again, “Haerin, that is completely unfair. You shouldn’t be forced to go to school when you aren’t ready. You won’t focus on your studies or anything else for that matter.”

“I know, but what can I do?” you said.

Sunggyu sighed, “I guess you can’t do anything about going to school. But you can do something about the way you act. Don’t be down ok, Haerin? Keep your chin up and stay happy. Don’t think about topics you don’t want to think about. I'm not saying be your normal self. Not yet. But don’t be down. Remember, life’s what you make it.” he reminded.

You nodded, “I’ll try oppa.”

“That’s my girl!” Sunggyu said proudly.

Your stomach growled. Loudly.

You tried to get it to stop, but it didn’t.

“HAERIN!” you heard 6 voices shout.

“Haerin, I told you to eat all your meals.” L said in a dangerous voice. “You haven’t eaten for a while, am I right?”

“Um.” You didn’t know what to say. “Well…”

“Now that you’re a rich girl, go ask one of your chefs to make you a feast fit for 20!” L said in a firm voice. “I will call again to make sure you’ve eaten and you’re sleeping right. Don’t make me come over there, Lee Haerin!”

“Ok oppa.” You said.

“Good.” He said. “Ok byeeee, Haerin.”

“BYE HAERIN!”

“BYEEE!”

“BYEBYEEE HAERIN!”

“BYE EAR!”

“Bye, Haerin. I’m the only normal one now. You’ve left me with all these crazy hyung’s.”

You laughed at Sungjong’s comment.

“Bye oppas.”

You hung up, and put our phone on the side table. You felt a bit better now.

You went downstairs. The house was empty except for a few maids and the butler, who were doing their jobs. As soon as they saw you they bowed and greeted you.

“Mistress Haerin.”

“Good afternoon, young mistress.”

“Do you need something mistress?”

You awkwardly bowed back, you weren’t used to being treated like royalty and didn’t know why you were being treated like that. You supposed that since you were Heejung’s “daughter” they felt obliged to work for you.

“Um hello.” You said. “Please just call me Haerin. No need for the mistress.”

The butler chuckled, “Young master says the same.”

“Please mistress.” One maid squeaked. “It’s formal.”

“U-um ok?” you said, scratching your head. “Where is the kitchen?”

“To your left, mistress.” One maid politely pointed it out, “Just go beyond the sitting room to your right.”

You nodded, “Thank you.”

You went to the kitchen and found 2 chef’s there. When they saw you, they immediately stood up and bowed.

“Mistress.”

“Uh, hi.” You bowed back.

“Did you need something?” the short plump chef asked.

“Um, yes actually. I’m a bit hungry. I was wondering if I could cook something for myself.” You asked politely to use their kitchen.

“We can cook for you.” The tall one with the deep voice said. “What would you like to eat?”

“It’s ok. I can cook for myself.” You shook your head. “I’m not your mistress. You don’t work for me. I may be Heejung’s stepdaughter but she is not my mother and nothing of hers is mine.”

They nodded in understanding but the tall one said, “We know. But Mistress Heejung has asked all the staff to treat you the same. It’s the way things are around here. It would be bad news for her if anyone found out you weren’t treated like the royalty you are, being Heejung’s stepdaughter. We have to, or else Mistress will be very upset and we could lose our jobs.”

Your insides bubbled; she only cared about her image, the company, and her money. You didn’t want to get the staff (who had been very nice to you so far) in trouble so you asked the chef’s to make you a sandwich.

“Young master likes sandwiches when he comes home as well. When we finish we shall call you.” The short one said. “You may call me Hyunsoo and my co-worker is Taegun.”

“Nice to meet you.” You sort of smiled and left.

“Oh, mistress!” you heard from behind you. You turned around and saw Sooyeon.

“Is everything alright?” she asked.

“I’m fine. I just asked the chefs to make me something to eat.” You replied.

“Ahh,” she nodded. “Young master is about to arrive from school. You will meet him soon, I’m sure.”

You nodded, feeling a bit nervous. *A new brother? No one can replace oppa. No one.*

You went to your room. You sat on your bed and did nothing.

You decided to unpack. You opened your suitcase and started taking some clothes out.

A few minutes later, you heard footsteps bounding up the stairs.

“Noona? I have a noona? Really? YAY! I’VE ALWAYS WANTED A NOONA!” you heard the voice coming to your room.

“Wait- young master, please. You shouldn’t intrude like that. She’s been through a lot-” you heard Sooyeon.

The door opened and in the doorway stood a tall, but adorable boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO~!

Yes, your stepbrother is none other then the adorable Oh Se Hun!

Yayyy~!

Umm, it might seem kinds rushed that haerin's getting over hoya so fast (well kind of) but i really wanna get this sad stuff over with so yeah

FORGIVE MEEE~~~

Kay bye~! :D

Oh and thanks to those that comment and subscribed~! I hav almost 1000 views :D (which is like nothing but thts ok)