Seoul High Part 1

Paradise? Yea..... NO

After a horrible night’s sleep, you woke up at 6:30. You felt horrible inside and out. You were sad about Hoya and moving here, even though Se Hun had treated you so well. You looked like a panda bear that hadn’t hibernated the whole winter (if they hibernate).

All in all, it was starting to be a bad day. And you weren’t sure it would get better.

You unpacked some more, and hung your clothes in your closet. You took out your new uniform and laid it on your made bed. As you were putting your clothes away you spotted the door that connected your room and Se Hun’s room.

*I wonder if he’s awake.*You looked at the time, 6:50. He had said to wake up by 7, so he might be awake, right? You knew you shouldn’t snoop around, but you were curious.

You gently twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open.

Se Hun’s room was the same size as yours. As expected of a guy, his room was messy. Clothes and books were thrown everywhere. You spotted snack wrappers and chip bags all over the room. His desk was a giant pile of stuff; you could barely see the desk. You had to move all the clothes that were there to find it. His bed was in the corner of his room, and he was sleeping sprawled all over it. His blanket was half on him, half off.

 He was sleeping peacefully and had no intentions of waking up anytime soon.

You wanted to smile at how cute he looked sleeping, but couldn’t. It was as if your ability to smile was gone now.

You left after seeing that he wasn’t waking up, and quietly closed the door.  

You sighed and sat on your bed, not knowing what to do.

Your phone rang. Your eyes widened and they darted to the door that connected your room and Se Hun’s. *Shut up you stupid phone-* you picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” you said quietly.

“Haerin? HI! It’s Woohyun.” Woohyun said ‘happily’.

“Hi oppa.”

“How are you? Why are you up? Are you going to school already? When does your school start?” he asked.

You didn’t tell him the real reason you were up so early. “I’m good and um, yeah Se Hun told me to get up early so that he could show me around before school started.”

“Se Hun, huh?” Woohyun snorted. “Stupid name.”

“Oppa.” You frowned.  “Don’t be mean. He’s really nice.”

“Yeah yeah.” He said carelessly. “Soooo, what’s he like?”

“Didn’t Myungsoo oppa tell you?” you said.

“Yeah, but I wanna hear it from my eaaaaar.” He said, and you knew he was smiling with grease dripping from his lips.

You told him everything you told L.

“Mhmmm.” He said. “Seems ok. But if he ever opens that door between your guys’ room or tries to give you hugs, I shall personally chop him into tiny little pieces topped with grease! Cuz I am the only one allowed to hug you!” he said but then added, “Sooo, what’s his height?”

“Around 180cm.” you replied.

“Oh.” Was all he said. You could tell he was re-thinking the chopping into tiny pieces and topping them off with grease.

“NOONAAA!” you heard a very loud voice say from Se Hun’s room. “GET UPPP! IT’S TIME FOR SCHOOL!!!! NOONAAAA!”

Woohyun sounded a bit startled, “So…. Your step brother is loud and tall. Mhmmm, interesting. Well, I guess you have to go now. Bye Haerin~! Have a good first day, don’t stress too much and be happy!”

“Thanks oppa. Bye.” You said and hung up.

“NOONAAA! COME ON-“ Your door opened and in stood a fully dressed Se Hun, in his uniform. Looking as handsome as ever.

“Oh.” He smiled. “You’re awake! Well, you should get dressed now. Sooyeon ajhumma woke me up 10 minutes ago, and we leave in like half an hour. So hurry up. Chop chop!” he clapped his hands and left.

You didn’t even have a chance to reply, because he had already left. You scratched your head *How do boys get ready so quickly? And manage to look really good too…..* Hoya was always ready in 10-15 minutes as well, and he would always look great in the morning. Same with Se Hun. With girls on the other hand…... it was a whole different story. Girls spent forever to get ready and the results didn’t always turn out so great.

You sighed, dreading the day that was ahead of you. You didn’t feel like going anywhere. You just wanted to lie in your not-so-warm bed, and stay there for the whole day. You just felt like……. being there. Not doing anything, you just wanted to be a rock. Alive, but not doing anything or having a purpose. (Ummm, I dunno if rocks are alive or not……let’s just pretend they are~)

But you knew that would not happen in a million years, so you trudged to the bathroom and changed your clothes.

Your uniform fit pretty well, a bit big, but other than that it was fine. You had your backpack ready. All it had was some notebooks and your pencil case. You grabbed your shoes, and left your room. No one was there, so you assumed Se Hun was already downstairs.

You hoped you wouldn’t see Heejung, you were not in the mood to even think about her. Let alone, see her face-to-face.

You dragged your feet down the stairs, in a tired and lazy manner. When you reached the bottom of the stairs, the maids and butler greeted you. You half heartedly greeted them back, not feeling good at all.

“Oh, noona? You’re here? Good.” Se Hun appeared in the doorway that lead to the kitchen, dining room, and living room. “Come with me, noona! Breakfast is almost ready.”

You nodded and walked to the foyer, to put your shoes there first. Then you followed Se Hun to the dining room. You both sat across from each other again.

“Ajhussi’s are making pancakes~!” he said. “I love pancakes! But,” he looked at you. “Do you, noona? Are you okay with pancakes?”

“Yeah, it’s ok. I like pancakes.” You said, with not that much emotion in your voice. Se Hun caught that as well *Uh-oh, this is not good. Noona, don’t be sad anymore.*

“That’s great then~!” he said, faking a smile.

2 minutes later your food was served. You ate in silence while Se Hun went on and on about random things, you only replied with ‘Yeah.’ Or ‘Mhmmm’ or you would just nod your head.

After you guys ate, Se Hun told you that you guys would be buying your lunch today. Of course, he asked if that was ok with you and you just went with it. You didn’t think you’d have an appetite at lunch anyways.

“Oh no, noona!” Se Hun said, looking at the clock that was hanging in the dining room. “We should go now! We have to get your stuff and I need to show you where your classes are.”

“Ok.” You said, and put your dishes away. Se Hun followed suit and soon you guys were in the foyer, putting your shoes on and making sure you guys hadn’t forgotten anything.

“Someone drives us to school. Is that ok as well? If you want to walk, we can.” He said, yet again asking you if it was ok.

You nodded, “No, we can go in the car……. or limo, whatever it is.” You muttered, not wanting to walk because that would only remind you of him and the life you didn’t have.

Se Hun nervously looked down. *Noona’s breaking.*

“Well,” he said, straightening up. “We should go now. The car is outside, waiting.” He opened the door for you and you guys stepped out.

Sure enough, a nice, expensive-looking black car was waiting for the two of you. The chauffeur got out. He was wearing a typical chauffeur outfit; hat, formal suit, dress shoes.

“Master, mistress.” He bowed and opened the door for you guys.

“Thanks ajhussi!” Se Hun said nicely.

“Thanks.” You mumbled. He nodded and went around the car to the driver’s side, and started the engine. Soon you guys had left and were going to your new school. You were nervous, but mostly you didn’t care. School wasn’t really a priority right now.

Se Hun snuck anxious glances at you once in a while. He was worried that you wouldn’t make it through the day. He was going to introduce you to EXO, but seeing you so down and not-so-social, he didn’t think it was a good idea. EXO could be very…. Aggressive sometimes. They all meant well, but Se Hun thought that he would introduce them to you once he thought you would be ready. I mean, who would want to meet 11 new guys right after her brother died?

He would introduce you to Lu Han. Obviously. Se Hun and Lu Han were cousins, so you were related to Lu Han(in a way). Besides, Lu Han always wanted to know everything, and if he didnt tell him, he'd give Se Hun a you-never-tell-me-anything-we-are-suppose-to-be-best-friends lecture.

After an awkwardly silent car ride, you guys arrived at Seoul High. It was a big school, and anyone could tell it was rich. The brick walls looked new, the field was a beautiful bright green. Students could be seen, looking proper in their pristine uniforms.

You and Se Hun got out of the car, thanking the chauffeur on the way. Se Hun stood in front of the school and beamed, “Welcome to Seoul High~!”

You weakly smiled.

“Our school isn’t that bad. We’re actually pretty decent. A couple, or maybe more, obsessed fangirls here and there. But other than that, this is a good school! I hope you’ll have fun here, and do well. You probably want to go to your old school, but Seoul High really isn’t that bad. It would be your second choice.” He winked.

“Now, “ he said, looking at his non-existent watch. “We should go get your schedule. Then I’ll show you around.”

You nodded and he lead you inside the school. Inside was the same, beautiful. Glass display cases with student works were here and there. The walls and floor were clean as if they were brand new. Teachers walked by in a professional manner, preparing for their morning classes.

He lead you into the main office and did all the boring stuff to get your schedule.

After 5 minutes, the two of you were looking at your schedule. First, you had chemistry, then biology, then literature, and then you had some tech course.

“Ok noona! I’ll show you your classes!” Se Hun took your hand and gave you a quick, 10 minute tour of the school. He showed you everything, the caf, the gym, your classrooms, the library, your locker etc. Your locker was pretty close to Se Hun’s.

~BRRIIINGGGGGGG~

The first bell rang, signaling all students to get their books and go to class. You and Se Hun were at your locker.

“Ok, noona. Your chemistry class is just down the hall. I have to go now, my teacher thinks being early is on time, and being on time is late.” He rolled his eyes but then smiled at you. “So good luck noona~! I hope your first day turns out good, and that you’ll grow fond of this school!” he waved and disappeared through the thick crowd. 

You took a deep breath and slammed your locker shut, feeling sick but went to your class. You opened the door and most of the students were already there, talking and fooling around.

The teacher, Ms. Choi looked at you. “Miss Lee Haerin?”

You nodded and handed her your admission note. She nodded in approval and handed it back to you.

“CLASS!” she barked at the rowdy kids. “We have a new student. Please introduce yourself.” She looked at you, smiling.

You inwardly groaned, you hated doing self introductions. Being the new kid .

Nevertheless, you bowed and said, “Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Lee Haerin, please treat me well. I hope we can be friends.” And you gave them a fake smile, not meaning the last part of your little intro.

The teacher nodded, “Welcome to Grade 11 University Chemistry. You may sit beside Jongdae. Kim Jongdae!” she said loudly.

A quiet, but good-looking boy with a sharp jaw line who had been staring out the window looked up from the back of the class, “Yes, Miss?”

“Our new student, Lee Haerin will be sitting beside you. Raise your hand so she knows where to sit.”

He nodded and put his hand up.

You mentally sighed and made your way over to him. He put his hand down, and moved his bag from your chair.

“Thank you.” You mumbled quietly.

He just nodded, and continued to look out the window.

You began to listen to the teacher’s lesson, but soon zoned out. She told you to follow along if you could and that she would get you caught up on everything later.

Your thoughts drifted to Hoya and Infinite and Woollim. You missed all of that so much. You missed your old life terribly.

*But this is my life now.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~!

Another chapter. I hope this one didnt as much as yesterday.

Yeah, in chem you sit beside none other then KIM JONGDAEEE~! AKA CHEN! AKA CHENCHEN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Adorablee~!

KAY BYEEE~!

Comment and subscribee~~~~~