Business Party- Part 5

Paradise? Yea..... NO

“Awwww, Daehyun. You’re so cuuute!” Lu Han pinched the little baby’s cheeks. Se Hun and Lu Han’s little baby cousin had waddled over to their table. Now he was in Se Hun’s lap, playing with everyone.

“Ahem.” Se Hun cleared his throat.

Lu Han ignored him and continued playing with Daehyun. He was teaching Daehyun how to shake hands, but Daehyun would only slap his hand and then smile cutely.

“Ahem!” Se Hun said a bit louder.

Lu Han continued to ignore him. Daehyun laughed as Lu Han played peek-a-boo with him.

“AHEEEMMM.” Se Hun cleared his throat again.

“No, you’re not cute.” Lu Han said bluntly, putting Daehyun’s hands down.

“AHEEEMMM!!!!” Se Hun said crossly, narrowing his eyes at Lu Han.

“Is your throat okay, Se Hun? Do you need a Halls cough drop?” Lu Han asked in an innocent voice, shaking Daehyun’s hands.

“No!” Se Hun said huffily, plopping Daehyun on Lu Han’s lap and turning away from him and to you.

“You think I’m cute right, noona?” he asked.

You smiled amusedly, “Yeah, Se Hun.”

Se Hun turned back around and stuck his tongue out at Lu Han. “Ha! Noona thinks I’m cute! Take that, loser!”

Lu Han shrugged and fed Daehyun food. “Lots of people think I’m cute too. And I look young.” He said with a satisfied smile.

Se Hun blew air from his mouth. *Stupid hyung.*

“No need to start calling me names inside your mind.” Lu Han said, giving Se Hun a cheerful smile. “You know you love me! Without me you’d be a lost little one!”

Se Hun narrowed his eyes at him. *Who are you calling a lost little one?! I am not lost, or little. I am taller than you! Stupid, short Lu Han. Gosh, who does he think he’s calling lost?! I am the most un-lost person he knows!*

“Adaaaaa.” Daehyun wailed, as he tried to reach for your purse.

*Awww* you couldn’t help but melt. I mean who couldn’t, babies were adorable.

You gave him your bag and he began touching it with his tiny little finger.

“Kai, you should really learn to control your temper.” Suho told Kai.

Kai shrugged. “Not my problem.”

Suho rolled his eyes. *Who else’s problem is it then?!*

Everyone finished their food and were just sitting there, talking.

“Ouu dessert!” Xiumin said as he watched the waitresses put the dessert out. “Let’s go get some! I hope they have mango ice cream! I loooove mango ice cream! Let’s go!”

Half of you went, the other half that didn’t want dessert stayed put. The ‘didn’t want’ half included you, Lu Han (who would steal some from Se Hun), Kris (who would be forced some by Tao), Lay (who was resting his head in his arms), and Kai (who didn’t like sweets but would try some from Suho anyways).

At the dessert table, the EXO members were staring at the desserts with looks of disbelief on their faces.

“……… why is there green ice cream here?” Xiumin said making faces at the tub of green ice cream in front of him.

“Ewww! Green ice cream! I don’t like green ice cream!” Chanyeol pouted.

“What is this?” Tao said, examining the orange dessert.

“It’s carrots.” D.O said, poking it. “Yup, carrot dessert. It’s mushed up with lots of sugar.”

“Well, I’m going back.” Baekhyun put his plate away and went back to the table.

Chen also quietly put his plate back.

“I wonder how green ice cream tastes.” Se Hun said, taking one scoop of it. He looked at the carrot dessert and made a face *Carrots? No thanks.*

D.O decided to try the carrot dessert and Tao took a scoop of the ice cream as well.

Chanyeol put his plate away and decided to just get some tea. Suho did the same and followed Chanyeol. Xiumin gave up and went back to his seat.    

Se Hun returned to the table and tried the green ice cream. He made a face. “Ewww! It’s minty and weird!” he shoved the plate to Lu Han’s side, who had gone to give Daehyun back to his mom.

“Is it really?” Lay peered at his plate with curiosity.

“Try it.” Se Hun said, giving the plate to Lay. Lay hesitantly took a tiny bite. He let it melt in his mouth before putting on a sour face. He silently put the plate back to where it was and chugged down a whole glass of water.

Se Hun laughed at Lay’s silent reaction that had spoken so much.

“Wanna try Kris hyung?” Se Hun asked.

After seeing Lay’s reaction, Kris decided not to. “No thanks.”

“This carrot thing isn’t bad!” D.O said.

Lu Han came back and sat down in his seat. He looked at the bowl of ice cream in front of him. “Is this mine?”

“All yours.” Se Hun said generously.

Lu Han smiled and took a bite. His smile slowly faded and his lips twisted into an ‘S’

After he managed to swallow he asked, “What flavour is this?”

Everyone shrugged.

“Foreign flavour.” Xiumin said, poking the ice cream.

“This carrot thing is pretty good!” D.O said happily. “Anyone want some?”

“Yeah.” Kai snatched it from him and took a bite. He chewed it slowly and gave it back to D.O. “Too sweet.”

Everyone was just talking and then the fail MC went up on stage.

“A-Attention.” He stuttered quietly. Since you and EXO were at a table quite close to the stage, you guys heard him. But the other people didn’t.

“Attention.” He said again, and you could have sworn he said it quieter than last time. People had either heard him and ignored him, or hadn’t heard him at all.

“E-Excuse me. M-May I have your attention?” he stuttered, loosening his tie. Still, no one listened.

Kai grew aggravated (at the MC and the people, who couldn’t stop talking) and stood up. “YO, PEOPLE! SHUT YOUR TRAPS AND LISTEN TO THE GUY ON STAGE!” he sat down and muttered, “Holyyyy.”

Kai’s parents gave him a disapproving look but couldn’t do anything else as it was silent.

Suho nudged Kai and whispered, “Yah, you could have used nicer words, kinder tone, and maybe if you had done it in a more dignified manner no one would be thinking you’re a disrespectful prick right now!”

Kai scoffed, “No one thinks I’m a disrespectful prick.”

“The lady who whispered it to her son sure did!” Suho whispered back, giving him an unimpressed face.

Kai shrugged, “I don’t know who she is, who she told, what she called me and I don’t care. I see these boring people once a year so it doesn’t matter.”

Suho shook his head *What to do about you, Kai*

“Y-Yes well, um. I will now announce the internship winners for-” that was when you and EXO closed your ears to his voice.

About half an hour later everyone had stood up and was doing the company mingling. You and the rest of EXO had to go to your families now, and represent the company. That meant showing off the looks, talents, and academics of the kids.

You and Se Hun went to your ‘family’ and just followed Mr. Oh and Heejung wherever they went. Heejung would occasionally throw glares at the two of you, you would ignore them and Se Hun would look down and play with his fingers.

It was, as Se Hun said, boring. But you two managed to keep each other occupied. Well, mainly Se Hun. You just nodded to what he said.

Mr. Oh and Heejung talked with the adults and you and Se Hun would answer the questions they would ask you. They all seemed to be really nice to you, and they were impressed with how ‘nice’ and ‘caring’ Heejung was towards you. You tried not to roll your eyes.

“Yes, I am very proud of my two children.” Heejung said sweetly, squeezing both of your shoulders. Se Hun tried not to squirm and you had to fight the urge knock her hand off. “These two kids are the sun and moon to my day. They are the stars that light up my life and the oxygen that helps me breathe.” She said in an ever-so-sweet voice.

The woman Heejung had been talking to smiled and nodded. “That’s great. It’s very rare to see blended families cooperating and getting along with each other so well. It’s nice to see all of you loving and understanding each other so much.”

Heejung gave you both another squeeze and smiled at her.

When she left Heejung immediately removed her hands and stood beside Mr. Oh.

The mingling continued and all the kids there were bored out of their minds. Who likes talking and kissing up to adults who don’t care for you and just want to know who and what their competition is.

Lay, who was talking with his mom and conversing with everyone as if he owned the business, was growing very exhausted.

He smiled again at the accountant who had given Lay his card. Chen took the card from behind Lay, and chucked it in the trash as the man left. *We have our accountant, and I like Xiumin hyung’s dad just fine.*

Lay thought the same and didn’t care that he threw the card out. His mother hadn’t noticed.

“Are you okay?” Chen whispered to Lay.

Lay nodded. “I’m good.”

Chen frowned since he knew Lay was lying, but what could he do? Lay wouldn’t admit he was sick or that he needed medical attention.

You and Se Hun were at the other end of the hall, pretending to get drinks.

“I am sooo bored.” Se Hun puffed his cheeks as he grabbed a glass of orange crush.

“I know, me too.” You replied, playing with the hem of your dress.

“Me three.”

“Me four.”

“Me five.”

“Me-”

“Okay, we get it! Everyone’s bored!” Baekhyun said as he put his hand over Chanyeol’s mouth. Chanyeol, Xiumin, Kai, and Baekhyun had arrived at the drinks bar with you and Se Hun.

“When is this going to be over?” Xiumin groaned.

“Soon. And then we’re rid of it for a whole year!” Kai said in a relieved voice.

“Jongin!” a pretty girl who looked about a couple years older than you, appeared beside him. “What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be with the family!”

http://static.tumblr.com/daarzww/mlfmaw3so/d2f24413.jpg

“I don’t want to, noona!” Kai said stubbornly, crossing his arms.

The girl that Kai had called ‘noona’ narrowed her eyes at him. “I don’t want be here anymore than you do. But that doesn’t mean I’ll smear our family’s reputation and embarrass our parents!”

“I’m not embarrassing anyone.” Kai said in a flat voice.

She leaned in to his face and narrowed her eyes even more. Kai looked down and stepped back a bit.

“I know you sent the other MC off and got the fool that doesn’t even know how to hold cue cards!” she said in a dangerous voice, stepping towards him. Kai stumbled back.

“W-Whaaaat? I did no such thing.” He said, trying to act confident.

“Uhuh. Then why, my dear brother, are our aunt and uncle over there complaining to our parents about the ‘improper and unsuited’ MC that you hired!” she shouted. Kai flinched.

“But you can’t lie to yourself, he is funny.” Kai grinned. “And you cant honestly say that you really care that our aunt and uncle are ‘embarrassed’.” His noona slapped the back of his head, but didn’t deny it.

“Kim Jongin, I don’t know when you will learn.” She shook her head.

“I know, Jihyun noona.” Chanyeol immediately agreed. “We try to train him, but he’s as bad as bad can get.” He said in a sad voice.  

“And you shouted at everyone! Do you know how rude and disrespectful you looked?!” she hissed.

“Nope.” Kai took a sip of his seven-up.

Jihyun rolled her eyes and gave up, *He’s so… argh! Little brothers! -_-*

Then Kai’s sister then noticed you. Her disapproving face turned into a surprised one.

“Oh, and is this your friend?” she asked, surprised. Kai and EXO had never hung around any girls. And seeing them around you so casually (without Kai throwing papers at you) was quite surprising.

“Yeah!” Xiumin said, throwing an arm around you. “She’s our newest friend!”

“Really?” her eyes rounded.

“She’s also Se Hun’s stepsister, and is new to our school.” Baekhyun added.

“Ohhh.” She nodded, then she smiled at you and held a hand out. “Hello~! I’m Kim Jihyun, Kai’s older sister.”

“Hi.” You said, taking her hand. “Lee Haerin, nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.” She beamed, giving you a sisterly smile.

 “Jihyun noona!” Chanyeol said, smiling down at her. “When is your university coming to our school?”

Jihyun went to Seoul University and majored in economics and dance. Every year, her university would come to their school and do a special performance for them. It was a lot of fun and the students from the university would always put on great performances. The students that were majoring in the culinary arts would make different foods from around the world. Then at the end, everyone would go around and try some at the different stalls. It was a fun night full of entertaining performances and good food.

“Same time as last year Chanyeol. April or May.” She answered.

“Have you started preparing?” Baekhyun asked.

“Auditions are starting soon.” She replied, ruffling his hair.

A hacking cough diverting everyone’s attention towards the stage. The fail MC had taken the mic again, and this time he was coughing like crazy. The poor fellow didn’t seem to notice that he was coughing right into the mic, and that all attention was on him.  

Jihyun shot Kai a look.

When he finished coughing, he straightened up and spoke, “Ahem! May I have-”

He stopped when he realized he already had everyone’s attention.

“Uhm, well yes hello. The, the uh, afternoon. I mean evening, has gone very smoothly. To give us the closing remarks, I-I would like to invite Mr. Wrong on stage. I MEAN MR. SONG! Song, yes, Mr. Song.” He cleared his throat as the applause started. Mr. Song came on the stage, not looking very pleased. But when he reached the podium he smiled.

“Welcome!” he said in a booming voice. Another round of applause. “This year’s gathering has gone by in a heap of success. I would like to thank all of you for coming. I will see you all next year as well, when we gather again to celebrate the success of our companies.”

You, EXO, and Jihyun quietly headed to the closest table. Then you all closed your ears.

After what felt like hours, people started applauding again and Mr. Song’s voice was echoing throughout the hall.

“Thank you again! I look forward to seeing you next year! I am anticipating working with many of your successful companies. Good night!”

The MC took the mic again and said, “T-thank you all for being here. I don’t look forward to next year, I MEAN I CAN’T WAIT! Hopefully it will be as successful as this year’s! Please exit in an orderly manner and keep visiting the Dong’s hotels and resorts! I mean the Song’s hotels and resorts!” he tried putting the mic back in its stand as he left the stage. But ending up dropping it while it was still on. The mic made the annoying screeeech and everyone covered their ears.

“OOPS! Hehe.” He turned the mic off and placed it on the stand. Everyone uncovered their ears and shot him looks.

You and EXO said goodbye to each other. You even said bye to Jihyun, who told you to call her sometime and that the two of you could spend some girl time together. ‘Being with those troublemakers all the time, does have side effects. But don’t worry, eonni is here to save you!’ she had said, giving you a friendly grin.

You and Se Hun found Heejung and Mr. Oh and followed them to the limo. You were very tired and Se Hun wouldn’t stop yawning.

“Arrghh, and we have to go to school tomorrow.” Se Hun grumbled.

You inwardly groaned as your head leaned against the window. *I don’t like this life………*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone~!

It's been a long time, huh?

I'm really really really sorrryyy

I did try to update. But I'd either feel horrible, or I wouldn't have any ideas to write.

Sorry again.

I gained another subscriber the other day and I was just like D: *I haven't updated forever and someone subscribed* which made me feel so awful and bad and horrible!

Then I gain another one for my other fic and felt even more bad, so I decided to update at least one of my fics.

But thanks to all those that comment and subscribe~! I appreciate it a lot (:

 

On another note, sorry if I got you too hyped up about the business party and it

Hehee, I change my mind a lot and then I got sick so yeah.......

But the whole point of the business party was to kind of get rid of the sad-mood (which I dunno if I did, but whatever)

Oh and my teasers.... you shouldn't rely on them..... haha... I won't put em up anymore cuz I change my mind too much

Oh and Kai's noona! Her real name is Kim Dohee, but I changed it. She's pretty (: I like her

Okay, well about the next chapters

All I'm going to say is that the fun and games are over~~~~

BYEBYEEEE :D

Do leave your comments please (: It lets me know if it's okay or not.(can you see this colour? O.O)

PS Don't get sick, get the flu shot and take care fo yourselves

PSS I'm not dying or anything! I'm good now (: But thanks to all those who said get better soon and patiently waited, it really helped ^_^