Isn't Life Just a Bucket Full of Sunshine?

Paradise? Yea..... NO

When Suho returned to the cafeteria, Se Hun was telling everyone at the table about Chenistry.

“Chen hyung, when you’re older you’re going to be a Chenist! PUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!” he burst into another round of laughter.

Silence.

“Chenist! PUAHAHAHAHA! A Chenist that studies chenistry and learns about chenical reactions! HAHAHAHAHAA!” Se Hun was in uncontrollable laughter mode.

Lu Han patted him on the back and shook his head. Then Chanyeol chuckled a little.

“What?! It’s kind of funny, okay!” he said defensively when they all turned to stare at him.

Suho sat down beside Se Hun and everyone sensed the uneasiness.

“What happened to you, hyung?” Se Hun stopped laughing when Suho sat beside him. “Where’s noona?”

Suho sighed, he hadn’t gotten a chance to tell EXO about Hoya being your brother (except Kris). So he supposed now would be a good time.

“Wellllll……”

Se Hun grabbed Suho by the collar and leaned into his face, squinting his eyes. “Where is noona? Did you do something to Haerin noona? Cuz if you did-hyung or not-I will-”

“Easy there, buddy.” Kai peeled Se Hun fingers off of Suho’s uniform.

Suho gave Se Hun a look. “I didn’t do anything to Haerin, she just wants to be alone.”

“Why? You said you were studying biology. Why would she want to be alone to study bio, she could study here. Moreover, who studies at lunch for a class they already had?” Se Hun questioned.

“We weren’t studying for bio.” Suho said bluntly.

“What?- But you said you were!” Se Hun said.

“I only said that cuz I couldn’t tell you what I really wanted to say at that moment.” Suho explained.

Se Hun crossed his arms. “So you lied to me!”

Suho scratched his head. “Not exactllyyyyy, it was just a small little misunderstanding that I couldn’t clear up before.”

Se Hun gave him a look but asked, “So, what did you tell her that was so important that she has to be alone now?”

Suho told them the whole story, they all listened carefully. At the end, they were all surprised, except for Kris.

“So, that waiter that waited us at BTD was Haerin’s brother?” D.O asked, his eyes round.

Suho nodded.

“He’s dead now?” Tao asked.

Suho nodded again.

“Obviously, you dodo! Haven’t you been listening? Haerin’s brother is dead! That’s why she’s all sad!” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“I can see how they’re related.” Xiumin nodded. “They look alike.”

“Sooooo, she’s outside by herself? Was she crying?” Se Hun asked suspiciously.

“Ummmm,” Suho looked down. “Kind of….”

“YOU LEFT NOONA CRYING ALL BY HER LITTLE OLD SELF IN THE BACK GARDEN?!” Se Hun yelped.

Suho slowly nodded.

Se Hun stood up, “I’ll go-”

Kris interrupted him, “Just stay here, Se Hun. I can only imagine how she feels right now. Maybe it’s best if she’s alone for a while….”

Se Hun slowly sat down, but he made sure to keep his phone close by just in case you called or something.  

They all continued eating, but it did feel a bit empty without you. Even though you never really talked and were mostly quiet, it was still nice to have you with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol, D.O, and Baekhyun all arrived to their hospitality class on time. They sat in their seats, Baekhyun at the front and Chanyeol and D.O in the back.

Mr. Kwon came into the room and began taking attendance before starting the class.

Chanyeol and D.O glanced at your empty seat.

“Where is she?” Chanyeol asked.

D.O shrugged. “I don’t know….. maybe she’s late.”

“Lee Haerin.” Mr. Kwon called. He looked at your seat, “Haerin isn’t here?”

D.O and Chanyeol shook their heads. Mr. Kwon marked her down as absent then.

“Read on the history of vegetables in your textbooks. Page 54. Answer the questions at the end of the reading.” Mr. Kwon instructed. “I will be grading your tests, so work quietly. You may work in pairs or small groups.”

“History of vegetables.” Chanyeol wrinkled his nose. “Where’s Haerin? You don’t think she died crying out there in the garden do you?!”

D.O smacked his head as Baekhyun made his way over to them.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was rubbing his head, then at D.O. “I’m guessing he deserved that.”

D.O nodded. “Yup.”

“Do you think Haerin’s still in the garden? Or maybe she went home?” Baekhyun wondered aloud.

“Why would she go home?” D.O flipped through the pages. “It would be better just to stay put here than go home to that….. monster.” He shuddered.

“Truuueeee.” Baekhyun mused.

“Maybe she’ll show up.” Chanyeol said, thinking that you would never miss class.

They all nodded and continued working, expecting you to appear at the door, apologizing for being late. But that didn’t happen.

At the end of class, the three boys were puzzled. However they didn’t get a chance to tell Se Hun or anyone else in EXO because of the hustle and bustle of the hallway.

1 second before the bell rang, Tao zoomed into his Literature class. “I’M NOT LATE! MY FOOT CAME IN THE CLASS BEFORE THE BELL RANG!”

Mrs. Song raised an eyebrow, “Yes, but you were very close to being so. Huang Zitao, I would appreciate it if you would come to class on time. Not 1 second before the bell rings. Punctuality is important.”

“Yes, miss.” Tao muttered as he made his way to his seat. *I wasn’t even late! I was in the class before the bell rang! Sheesh, stupid teacher. Punctuality is important….. *

Tao cursed her in his mind, then turned around to see if you were okay. To his surprise, you weren’t even there. *Eh? Where’s Haerin?*

He expected you to come halfway through class, but you didn’t. Tao packed his things away at the end of the class, still puzzled as to why you didn’t attend it.

He went to Se Hun’s locker after going to his to ask if Se Hun knew where she was. To his surprise, Baekhyun, D.O, and Chanyeol were heading there as well.

“You guys are going to Se Hun?” Tao asked as he caught up with them.

They nodded.

“Haerin didn’t come to hospitality. We just want to know where she is.” Baekhyun told Tao.

“Really?” Tao’s eyes rounded. “She didn’t come to Literature either!”

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O’s eyes widened as well. They all speed walked to Se Hun’s locker. Se Hun obliviously continued to put his stuff away.

“Yah,” Baekhyun said. Se Hun jumped and almost dropped his science textbook. He turned to all of them, “Yes?”

“Where’s Haerin?” asked Chanyeol.

“What do you mean?” Se Hun asked as he stuffed his papers into his binder. “She’s probably at her locker or something. I’m going there right now, if you want to come with me!” he said cheerfully.

“She didn’t come to her last two classes.” D.O said.

“What? She wasn’t in class?” Se Hun asked, his smile falling.

All four of them shook their heads.

Se Hun’s eyes widened and he slammed his locker shut. He pushed past them and ran to the back of the school.

He was panting as he reached the garden. He saw a small figure on a bench near the hoyas. He ran over to you.

“Noona,” he breathed.

You hadn’t even noticed him. You just stared ahead.

“Noona.” He poked your shoulder. “Nooonaaaaaa.” He shook your shoulder a bit.

Your eyes slowly looked away from the hoyas as you looked at him.

“Noona, did you stay here all afternoon?” Se Hun asked.

You nodded. Se Hun pinched his eyebrows. “Why, noona?”

You didn’t respond and just looked at the hoyas again.

Se Hun didn’t ask again, instead he picked your bag up from the ground and put the contents back inside of it. Then he gently took your arm and helped you up. You didn’t struggle or complain and just went with it.

You and Se Hun passed by EXO, who were all staring at you. But they didn’t run up to you and Se Hun, respecting the fact that they shouldn’t pry yet; you guys hadn’t known each other for very long. Se Hun arrived at the car and the chauffeur and he helped you in. Se Hun nervously sat down beside you and watched as you stared out the window.

When you guys arrived home, Se Hun took your bag again and led you inside.

The maids did what they usually do, greeting them and bowing. Se Hun quickly shooed them away. Sooyeon had taken the day off today; she had a slight cold.

He watched you go upstairs from the bottom. You seemed to drag yourself, like a dead zombie.

“Noona-”

“Those men were probably loan sharks.” You said randomly, turning around to look at Se Hun. “It makes sense. We were having so much trouble that he had to go to loan sharks to borrow money. He wasn’t able to pay them back because his paycheck didn’t come. The loan sharks got mad, and killed him. It’s my fault Se Hun.”

Se Hun stared at you. “No it isn’t noona. It isn’t your fault he died, it isn’t your fault he had two jobs, and if this loan shark thing is true, then it isn’t your fault they went after him.”

“YES IT IS!” you screamed. *No one understands!* “It is my fault! Maybe if I’d opened my eyes a bit more and had at least contributed to our needs, then none of this would have happened!” you broke into another sob and ran into your room. You slammed the door shut and jumped into your bed. You took the check out of your pocket and opened it. You stared at Hoya’s name and the amount. *Oppa’s hard-earned money.* More tears squeezed out of your eyes.

You didn’t know the exact reason why you were crying. You didn’t even know what you were feeling.

You missed Hoya.

You felt bad about being the reason he was dead.

You missed Infinite.

You hated Heejung.

You hated your school.

You hated your life.

You hated everything.

Especially yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~!

As promised, another update~

Hmmm, Haerin's feelings are so mixed up........

Btw, it's only been 2 weeks since EXO and Haerin have known each other. So they aren't that close~

But they will be ^_^

Next chapter will have Infinite~ They've been kinda quiet for some time now xD

Okay, that's it~! BYEBYEEEEE

Comment and subscribe~! :D